Guest viewing is limited

TKR Aug 20 hard work.

Just wondering how long has your drs kept you on blood thinners.
 
4 to 6 weeks is the average time. Some doctors will only prescribe aspirin while others prescribe blood thinners.
 
4 weeks on blood thinners for me.

I did mine back to back for several reasons. One, they were both in terrible shape and just doing one wouldn't have gotten me much quality of life improvement. The other main reason is financial. I'm in the US and I've met my annual out of pocket maximum. By doing them both in the same calendar year I honestly saved a lot of money, since there was no question they both needed to be done.

In the short run, its exhausting and unpleasant. But in the long run, I will be very glad I got it over with.

Beloved and I refer to ourselves as "bandaid rippers". If it has to be done, just do it and get on with it.
 
Can anybody tell me what to do. When I sleep at night I must be bending my knee most of the night because in the morning when I start to walk my knee cap hurts just for a bit. Then it goes away. Are you suppose to keep it straight all night?
 
Sleep in whatever position you can. It’s difficult to keep your leg straight 24/7 so just do your best during the day. You’re not causing any harm to your knee.
 
Your knee improves quickly so I wouldn't worry about it. Getting sleep is very important, so get enough of it as you can and walk that morning knee pain out.
 
Are you suppose to keep it straight all night?
You don’t have to keep it totally straight, a slight bend is fine and much more comfortable. I always had my legs elevated like this when I slept.
These are examples of elevating correctly, with the knee slightly bent:

[Bonesmart.org] Aug 20 hard work.


[Bonesmart.org] Aug 20 hard work.
Here’s an article with more detail:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/elevation-the-dos-and-donts.7602/
 
Where can I buy that white wedge at. Any ideas?
 
The curved wedge pillow is probably a Lounge Doctor.

At night I sleep with my leg propped on 2 fluffy pillows. They elevate slightly and they are fluffy enough that my leg sinks down a bit and helps me hold position. They were $4 sale pillows, nothing special.
 
Thank you. I have some of those around. Thanks. I just can not sleep. Iam up and down all night.i will try this tonight
 
Iam up and down all night.

Me too, I prowl around, get on my computer, play games, read, snack. Now that I don't have a living room full of kids, I can use my recliner again. I'm usually up for an hour or two and then go back to bed. Hubby has a baby monitor in my room. I was playing games on my tablet one night and he woke up and thought something was wrong with the air conditioner when he heard the sounds from the game. lol
 
I find it impossible to get comfortable in bed. I think I find a position, but within 5 minutes, it’s awkward and impossible to sleep. I seriously do not know what I’d do without my recliner. I spend the night on it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I meant to say I got my Lounge Doctor at Amazon too.
 
How long did it take anyone to drive again. Having the right knee done. Just wondering.
 
I had in home PT for the first 3 weeks. It was very gentle. I also had home health nurses twice a week to check vitals and take care of my incision.

Yes about the tired of sitting! In my family we call it "Fanny Fatigue." Sometimes I get it when on a long car ride. I found the best relief was getting up for a few minutes, switching positions, elevating and icing. It also helped not to spend too much time in the same spot. I really preferred my soft , supportive recliner, but if I stayed in it most of the day the soreness was worse.

The sleep interruption has continued for me. I haven't slept through the night since July 28th. I get at most 2-3 hours of solid sleep and then rest fitfully for 3-5 more hours. I am constantly sleep deprived. I'm still taking pain meds at night.

It does get better!

Cynthia
 
Amazon for the Lounge Doctor. As for driving with the right knee each time for me (we're all different) it was 7 and 8 weeks. I wanted to make certain my reaction time was fast enough in case I needed to slam on the brakes. It wasn't too inconvenient since friends were always willing to help out. And frankly I had NO desire to put the effort into getting ready to go out. We are all different. One thing I did do was sit on our patio daily, maybe even 2x's for sunshine and fresh air. I'd maybe walk our driveway - for me that was enough.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom