As of last week, I am a HIPPY!

Learn something new everyday! I didn't know that and since there are both "tags", I would never have thought it would be the same. Thanks!!
 
@sonarqueen , you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.
 
Yes I had a hip replacement. I am doing well. I am still off work and still using the cane. I went to physio and doing light exercises in the water now. Going slow and no pain afterwards. I do not exercise for all the class just 20 min and then I float. Lots of rest. Feeling good and being patient.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@sonarqueen , you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.

Oh sorry. I will keep to this one now.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am 9 weeks post op. I had a bad headache yesterday and was vomiting all day. I also have fever. I have no swelling or redness in my leg. I am also on immunosuppressant drugs. Is this the flu or should I be worried about internal hip infection?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@sonarqueen if there is nothing going on with your hip - like swelling, redness or the area feels hot sound like you may just have a flu bug. If you are worried do call your family doctor or surgeon to ease your mind. Hope you feel better soon.
 
Hey Sonarqueen - how's it going? Did you have the flu? A neighbor came back to town before I did with a new hip and immediately got a bug going round. I cannot imagine. Really hope you're feeling better.
I hear spring has come to Nova Scotia. It is still cold here but the snow banks are shrinking. I did my second walk today - yesterday I walked to the end of our driveway, today l went nearly to the beach! Woo hoo! My lovely step-daughter is here so she csn spot me should I get wobbly. Going to try to sleep now. Fraid that is the last frontier to be conquered.
 
Hey Sonarqueen - how's it going? Did you have the flu? A neighbor came back to town before I did with a new hip and immediately got a bug going round. I cannot imagine. Really hope you're feeling better.
I hear spring has come to Nova Scotia. It is still cold here but the snow banks are shrinking. I did my second walk today - yesterday I walked to the end of our driveway, today l went nearly to the beach! Woo hoo! My lovely step-daughter is here so she csn spot me should I get wobbly. Going to try to sleep now. Fraid that is the last frontier to be conquered.

Yes it was just the flu. Thank goodness! Walking with the cane still but feel much stronger. 10 weeks post op today. This weekend supposed to be 20 degrees Celsius.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
11 weeks now and I can walk short distance like across the kitchen without the cane. I only have a slight limp sometimes without cane. So physiotherapists said to use cane when sore or if limping. I am getting there. Back to work May 10th which will be my 12 weeks post surgery. Next surgeon checkup is May 30th


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Twins! Surgery same day as you and going back to work 5/10. I am about the same as you as far as walking. I can do some without a cane around the house and do forget it at times. However, still do have a little limp and it seems when I get tired, it is more pronounced. Also, after sitting (or sleeping) I limp the first 5-7 steps before it all falls into place but I know my gait is still not right. I was hoping to go back to work without the cane but not sure that will happen. I will at least have it with me and see how it goes....probably a mix of not using it and using it. However, when I left work that last day I was in so much pain and will go back pain free!!!! It's a great feeling, isn't it?
 
I am now back to work but working from home. I am 13 weeks post op. I am still using cane periodically and get sore and tired easily. I am in physio weekly. Still progressing slowly. Hoping to get stronger for the summer.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@sonarqueen please take it very easy with PT. You really don't need it. You will spend a lot of energy on your work - even if it is working from home. Continue to take things slow and steady - you'll get there!
 
Thanks @Jacey. Work is going okay but I do still get sore by end of the day. I am no longer using the cane.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi SonarQueen - missed you around the watercooler! Glad to hear you are doing well. I'm at 8 weeks -plan to be off work until August . July will be without pay but worth it as we're going home for a visit to Nova Scotia. I use my cane for walks on the beach. Not doing any PT as it never helped -only hurt.

Do what Jaycee tells you and take er easy, eh!
 
3 months checkup this morning with surgeon. He said all is good. Next checkup is Feb for my yearly check up


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yee haw! I'm at 9 weeks and time for me to check in, but like to keep an eye on my fellow bluenoser!
 
Back
Top Bottom