Barbaraj
supremo
- Joined
- Jul 23, 2018
- Messages
- 2,391
- Age
- 76
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
At least it's sunny this morning, to help boost my mood which is feeling a bit low as I'm completely exhausted and hobbling about this morning. Note to self: Do a better job spreading out hosting and meal prep tasks BEFORE the day of an event! But it was a fun evening, I think, and my trusty lemon drops did the trick of getting everyone laughing and chatting after arrival and willing to participate in a silly event. My husband and I weren't "suspects", mere bystanders according to the kit's directions, but we got to ask questions and participate despite our more limited roles. It was a dinner event, with structured dialogue and clues, @Going4fun, and although alcohol helped everyone loosen up a bit, it also meant that folks got confused at various points about what they were supposed to be doing so a bit chaotic at times. But, no mind, it was all good fun and I think folks enjoyed themselves. I am attaching a picture of "Bonnie Lass" and her fellow host and husband, "Bud Wizer" (FBI agent down on his luck and working as a private detective). Once the game ended, and we'd all made guesses as to "whodunnit", we played the final bit of the kit's enclosed CD which had been guiding us through the mystery, and the bad guy was revealed.
After dinner guests had left, my husband and I tackled cleaning up and washing a ton of crystal, silver flatware, martini glasses, etc. We finally fell into bed around 10:30, exhausted. I slept badly--oh, my aching hips both sides, plus unaccountable leg cramps that had me up and stumbling about in the wee hours of the morning while Bud Wizer snoozed on obliviously! I clearly overdid things--again--yesterday, and I am thinking today I'll simply veg out. If I'm not feeling much better by noon, I'll throw back some of that extra strength Tylenol. But, off now to take a leaf out of our dining room table and resettle things around the house. May try to take a walk with a neighbor later on, as the sunshine is very tempting. Ah, Mondays...
And thanks, @Klassy and @Going4fun, for your supportive comments. I do have ups and downs, but I try to make my posts not too crabby. Feeling sorry for myself is a constant temptation and I try not to give into it as it does nothing to whine endlessly. I am lucky that I do have a good life overall and I understand that any overexertion with resultant discomfort is all my fault. No cursing the gods for my aching hips! At almost five months post-surgery, it feels like a lifetime away. But, clearly, I am reminded forcibly all the time that I'm still recovering and need to pace myself better. I totally suck at that, I'm afraid. But, onwards!
After dinner guests had left, my husband and I tackled cleaning up and washing a ton of crystal, silver flatware, martini glasses, etc. We finally fell into bed around 10:30, exhausted. I slept badly--oh, my aching hips both sides, plus unaccountable leg cramps that had me up and stumbling about in the wee hours of the morning while Bud Wizer snoozed on obliviously! I clearly overdid things--again--yesterday, and I am thinking today I'll simply veg out. If I'm not feeling much better by noon, I'll throw back some of that extra strength Tylenol. But, off now to take a leaf out of our dining room table and resettle things around the house. May try to take a walk with a neighbor later on, as the sunshine is very tempting. Ah, Mondays...
And thanks, @Klassy and @Going4fun, for your supportive comments. I do have ups and downs, but I try to make my posts not too crabby. Feeling sorry for myself is a constant temptation and I try not to give into it as it does nothing to whine endlessly. I am lucky that I do have a good life overall and I understand that any overexertion with resultant discomfort is all my fault. No cursing the gods for my aching hips! At almost five months post-surgery, it feels like a lifetime away. But, clearly, I am reminded forcibly all the time that I'm still recovering and need to pace myself better. I totally suck at that, I'm afraid. But, onwards!
Attachments
Last edited:
but although you're doing some lovely fun things you really need to step back a bit and think of yourself!! You are still healing and I think you need much more Me time! At least pace yourself a bit. Less gym if you've had the kids say - they're a work out in themselves! Let your husband go to the gym on his own, and have the occasional takeaway!
and gossip sesh, than discussing any book some may have read. The group takes turns meeting at one another's homes and since you seem great at hosting you'd probably really enjoy this activity. Only you'll probably be 5 books ahead of them all at the speed you read. I guess I shouldn't judge unti I've witnessed one of these soirée's firsthand, just don't feel like going even once to give them any subject matter on myself.