THR April surgery August results<

Hi @Mudhen
Glad to see your posts and see you tiptoeing through the Balsam Rose.

Sending happy thoughts your way, as usual!:roseshwr:

The commaraderie here is what makes BoneSmart the wonderful resource that it is.
Thank you for being a part of it all and for your thoughtful contributions to the forum.
Big hugs
@Mudhen

Hi my Tough Old Bird...
And you know I mean that in the nicest way.:friends:
Hope things are okay and that you are doing well
Hope this hurricane and excess rain washes off some native "spirits":ok:

Me too, Mudhen, hoping all is well for you.
Is it still hot in your neck of the woods or are you feeling a little Fall in the air?
Wishing you a lovely weekend!
@Mudhen

Thank you both. I have had bad days because of the work I have done. For reason I wrote that post. it is difficult to give up when I have worked hard all my life.
I was obliged to do the IT band exercises as it seemed my legs got shorter... I do still have those sudden sharp pains, ... that nearly cause me to fall . More than one person has seen it happen and jumped to catch me. It is momentary but savage

Hello, @Mudhen
I hope your spasms subside. Leg issues are complicated.
I’m in knee, shoulder, and other/foot, not hip, but visit @Izabel because her lyrical posts are so uplifting.
Are you your sister’s guardian and power of attorney (POA)? I was the latter for many years for an elderly aunt. So I sympathize. I kept her in assisted living because every time she went to a nursing home for rehab (hip replacements), they kept her in a wheelchair (other than PT), and she was ready to be up and walking and busy, not parked in front of a tv. Frankly, they seemed very friendly to her once they realized she had a pension and ss. Thank goodness her savings lasted (we supplemented the last year), and she was able to stay in assisted living and active to the end. I was able to get private md’s in, though, because of the POA. Difficult to gauge another’s definition of quality of life.
Wishing you and your sister well.

Hey @Mudhen :wave:
How are you doing these days? With any luck..all is well and life is good. :yes:
I hope you enjoy a beautiful Autumn! :SUNsmile:

Marieltha I am my sister’s guardian permanently in all ways. The lawyer said, In other words you own her.
Not something I ever wanted. I gave her the freedom she could handle , which was very little. Now after 5 years in the Assisted Living she feels at home. She is difficult, not a person just one person could handle. She can wear out 6 people. She is in the wheelchair by choice..if they were going to force her to walk she would stay in bed.
They caved, so she is free from hip pain since she will not walk on it. I need to go see her but not sure I can drive 300 miles yet.. I probably could but there is something called confidence that is lacking. She doesn’t want to see me anyway.
Layla , I am busier and busier, sometimes stronger sometimes not. Recuperating from another problem at present which weakened me rather much.
This week we are cleaning out the barn, it is a chore to say the least.

:wave:@Mudhen
I'm sorry you have other problems to recover from but I know that you just keep on keeping on so...
I have a new friend, a barred owl, who lets me catch her fish.
So amazed.
Hope you dont find any scary critters in the barn:spider:

Mojo333
Your owl is a joy ! That would be so nice to be friends with the wild.

I have two dogs and walk them 4-5 times a day. Not supposed to have favorites
but the Irish Terrier is so protective. I nap on the couch and my hand fell off...she carefully
put her nose under my hand and put it on the couch...
Last night she did the same thing in the bedroom. She checks on me during the night.
Though my recliner was a big help after my surgery, it has become a bane and I rarely sit in
it. But I did yesterday after my shower and when I got up I could not walk and started falling.
She is all of 29 lbs but braced herself and caught me.
She likes milk in her coffee.

@Mojo333 an owl! How exquisite!
@Mudhen , you are a wonderful guardian for your sister. We do what we can, yes?
Love your Irish Spaniel! Of course, she takes milk. She’s Irish! We all do!

Wildlife are an integral part of my life and an inspiration in my recoveries. @luvcats mentioned “light and fluffy” things to watch or read during early stages. My “light and fluffy” are the deer (4 babies this summer) in my yard (no kill no hunting county) and my cat, who thinks she is a short deer. And hundreds of birds.

Happy Saturday @Mudhen
I'm sorry you're recuperating from another issue. Prayers for a speedy and full recovery.
Don't work too hard now! :wink: Take it slow and easy.
Have a great Sunday! :flwrysmile:

How are you doing these days, Mudhen?
Hopefully over the past two weeks you're feeling stronger.
Wishing you comfort if you're still struggling and a peaceful weekend!
@Mudhen

Layla and all,
I am slowly regaining my strength but what I can do is limited. Today I drove to see my dear 90 year old friend..90 miles south. We had a wonderful time, much laughter and sharing. On the drive down I had to stop in the road because of two fawns one time . Then there were three bucks that had to cross the road.... It was a pleasant day very tiring on the way back but I am feeling better now. I have taken the dogs for two walks since I got home about 4 pm

Hi Mudhen,
Thanks for your response. I'm happy to hear your regaining strength.
How wonderful you were able to meet with your 90 yr old friend today to share laughs and conversation. I hope you're resting now and have a good night's sleep. Take care and enjoy the weekend!
@Mudhen

Saturday! My neighbor is putting on a concert this afternoon from 1-5 pm. He is has a jazz band and a blues band coming.
His house and the stage are within 300 ft of my house. So I shall have a musical afternoon.

My sleep was unbroken last night and I am taking frequent breaks as I clean house. I have no desire to be where I was ..
Hope everyone has an improving weekend!

:yes!:Glad you got some good uninterrupted sleep :sleep:
Saturday! My neighbor is putting on a concert this afternoon from 1-5 pm. He is has a jazz band and a blues band coming.
His house and the stage are within 300 ft of my house. So I shall have a musical afternoon.
Oh how great!
You lucky duck...I mean mudhen.
Have a great afternoon, friend.

How nice, Mudhen! A free concert right next door.
Happy to hear you had a good night's sleep and aren't pushing it today.
Enjoy the music!
@Mudhen

Last edited:
They have a generator going and drowning out the musicians/singers so they finally quit. The food truck did not come so they are working at a good tent and using the generator.

Do y'all know what a Mudhen is? A duck with chicken feet!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie