THR April surgery August results<

I'm sorry you're struggling, suffering with spasms and pain.
Have you given Magnesium a shot, Mudhen? A good dedicated try, for at least a month to see if you notice any improvement? Many find benefit, but as in everything, some may not.

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

I believe the recommended daily dose (found online) is 320 mg for females.
Magnesium Glycinate has less of a laxative effect than found in other forms.

You may want to research on your own to see if you feel it's worth considering.

I'm sure since you're used to being so physically active that it's difficult to cut back on chores and the things you enjoy doing, but I wonder if taking it easy for a few weeks will help?
Wishing you comfort and speedy relief. Hugs to you :console2:
@Mudhen

I certainly will try the magnesium. A friend and I have been discussing it.
I soak my feet in Epsom salt and as I understand Epsom salt is a source. I have also used magnesium spray but not daily. So now is the time to try tablets I guess.
I am doing more sitting than I ever have in my life. But I am having spasms elsewhere as well. Guess it is time to go shopping.

Thank you Layla for your quick response. Do hope your hips are carrying you with out pain. Know you said the other hip would soon enough need replacing..

Good to hear! We're always here for you, dear Mudhen. :)

Thanks for your well wishes, my hips are doing well. The non-op one has a touchy moment here and there but nothing that leads me to believe I'll need to address anything in the near future.

I really hope the Magnesium helps you. Leafy greens and nuts are good sources also.

I don't like aging, Mudhen....it's definitely not for sissies, is it? :tantrum:
Oh well....i guess on second thought it's better than the alternative, lol.

You have yourself a good one!

Magnesium purchased and taken. Looks like I will need 2 500mg to start with.

Mojo333 said she thought of me forever young. Perhaps I would be had I not had to work so hard in my early years.
I remember having severe back spasms that sent me to my knees. Picking myself up and finishing my tasks, I would have been maybe 10 in that memory.
No one could say I was irresponsible. I did what was needed regardless. Now I hurt, but God has been so good to me!!

Looks like I will need 2 500mg to start with.
What is the recommended dosage on the product? 1000mg sounds like a lot. Be very careful as one of the side effects of taking too much magnesium is diarrhoea.

Thank you Jaycey for your concern!
1 is recommended. I will check before I take it again to see if I need less.
This is Rexall magnesium oxide. Normally I would use Nature Sunshine.

That dose does seem high, Mudhen.
When I take it, I take two tabs @100mg each - so 200mg total (at bedtime)

I take it in the Glycinate form which is one of the most absorbable forms of Magnesium, causing less intestinal distress, or as I've read described as "disaster pants". :eeeuw:

I also mentioned earlier that I've read the Recomended Daily Allowance for woman is 320mg

Good Luck!

Last edited:
LOL. Let's just say that today I am getting rather desperate. I would have to order what I want but this will tide me over. The pains are not as sharp as they were earlier. So I hope that means the magnesium is working.

:wave:
I do hope the magnesium helps.
I feel like I have, and still do, work this body hard.
I used to think fragile wimpy women were a bit dumb...but not so. I've concluded that if i am reincarnated ...I'm coming back as the most useless, needy feminine version of myself possible.:rotfl:
I'm sure that must be easier.

LOL sweetie pie! This tough old bird is nearly pain free at the moment. I think I did need the magnesium! But I want to get a better quality than this!
Mojo333 you are working hard, much harder than you should. I do not think we were made for such and I do not wish these worn out muscles on anyone.

As you know, there are things you want to do, things you need to do, and things you gotta do!
Keeping these hips happy is high on my priority list, however.
Hope you are able to let things lie when necessary too!:friends:

Yes mam..there is only me here. I have no desire to fall.
Have to, need to, should do, forget about it not worth the risk. The later seems more important.
Not sure where the leaves git. Not safe to leave so very many lay...oh I know ...go buy a leaf blower.....

Hi my fine feathered friend.
Hope you are well and getting into some holiday spirit!!!
Love the new holiday emojis and wanted you to be the first one I hit with a snowball...
:xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon:
Tag, you're it!

You just keep your snowballs young lady! If it is that cold there you will give me a blizzard!!
Red and gray stripes before sunrise turned into gold and gray.

My adopted nephew has a son born last week. Happiness supreme!!

I am keeping my feathers primed at all times,
You be good and have wonderful holidays!!!
Yes New Year's Day comes after Christmas!!!

Hey @Mudhen :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:

Aww, a new baby! Will you get to meet the sweet babe, Mudhen? Or is it not possible due to geographical distance? I hope you're doing well and getting in the holiday spirit. It's hard to avoid when it's in our face everywhere. With any luck you're not too cold in your neck of the woods yet.
We're in the upper teens today and it's snowing. :snow::snow::snow:
At least it looks pretty out there! Have a great Thursday and weekend!

I do not know when I shall see him. He came about 10 days early. They are about 4 hours away.
We might get snow this weekend ... 50 high today the 30 high tomorrow.
Usual weather...does what the forecastors don't predict.
Snow is beautiful...

New baby...congrats, grandma.
I love that sweet little piece of baby meat right by their armpit and the little "sucky blister" in the middle of their top lip!:roseshwr:

All we have is Georgia snow..cottonfields.
20191124_131236.jpg

Love the fields of snow!!! Been a long time since I saw cotton fields. Do have a picture of me standing ,sucking my thumb? With Mother picking cotton behind me..I was 2-3 years old....
The grandmother of the baby emailed me this morning...lost her sister yesterday. A baby is born an old one dies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts