Guest viewing is limited

April 2nd!!!!!!!!!! BTHR and scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing you all the best. I'm pretty sure I have some residual roots from horrible British school dentistry as a child but it never came up, nor would I have ever thought to write it on any form! Frankly, any surgeon who discusses payment with a patient, well --sucks. LOVE your user name by the way!
I loathe Donald Trump!
 
Hi I had bilateral and was using the toilet the next day, Im sure you will have no problems. Its worth finding out what aids they will give you. My list of couldnt do without.
1) raised toilet seat
2) sock aid
3) sponge or scrunchie on a stick for use in the shower.
4) Long hose on the shower so you can sit down and shower.
5) grabber so you dont have to bend down.
6) ice packs
7) i also tapped a razor onto a stick for shaving my legs.
Best wishes
 
I would add soap tied in pantyhose and attached to the shower or something else in there so you don't have to scream for help when you drop the soap because you are dopey from drugs. And I couldn't have got in and out of the car without a plastic bin bag on the seat, which allows you to easily slide in.
 
I would add soap tied in pantyhose and attached to the shower or something else in there so you don't have to scream for help when you drop the soap because you are dopey from drugs. And I couldn't have got in and out of the car without a plastic bin bag on the seat, which allows you to easily slide in.
Very helpful ideas!! I will absolutely use those tips,thanks!:SUNsmile:
 
Hi I had bilateral and was using the toilet the next day, Im sure you will have no problems. Its worth finding out what aids they will give you. My list of couldnt do without.
1) raised toilet seat
2) sock aid
3) sponge or scrunchie on a stick for use in the shower.
4) Long hose on the shower so you can sit down and shower.
5) grabber so you dont have to bend down.
6) ice packs
7) i also tapped a razor onto a stick for shaving my legs.
Best wishes
Great ideas! I will duct tape a razor onto a stick for sure! How are you doing now? I think we are the same age 47? Take care:)
 
Im doing OK, I had the minimal invasive surgery, the early stages were OK but I overdid things close to the 3 month mark in early January so ended up with inflamation. Luckily rest, ice and going back to using the sticks and stop trying to force things its all back on track. I can now cycle 8-10 miles not yet done any real off road or hills yet but that can wait for now, I am about to resume scuba diving. I still have some niggling issues from osteoarthritis in other joints I wish they felt as good as the hips. The energy drain is much less and I bounce back quicker than before. The simple excercises they tell you to do try and work them into your every day routine a few several times a day make a huge difference in maintaing range of movement and flexability.

For all the girls out there I can now wear heels :). (Ive been out shopping in them).

All the best for your surgery it wont be easy all the time but it will be improving instead of getting worse.
 
[Bonesmart.org] April 2nd!!!!!!!!!!  BTHR and scared
Hope your nerves are settling. Believe me, everything will be fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom