Guest viewing is limited

TKR Approximate 2 year update

I was told by the PT in hospital to sit for a few seconds with my leg dangling, as an easy, passive way of helping with flexion. It was to be only for a short while though, not for 30 minutes.
 
Ok so recovery is not a straight forward progressing line.
Oh, @wings - Welcome to the world of recovery!!!! This may be your first lesson of the journey! Congratulations!!!!! :happydance: The most important thing from my perspective is to get your expectations calibrated to what reality is likely to be.. I think that is the hardest part for most folks.. Frustrations seems to be exacerbated when expectations and reality move further apart.. The benefit I think is that you have a group of folks who've gone before you.. :yes:

Impressive that your knee is smaller than it was pre-surgery!!!
We are with you through your recovery.. whatever we can do to help.. Remember.. we are here for you!! :friends:
 
Sounds like your surgery went well and your recovery is underway! Kudos to you for learning and preparing. I think you will rock this! I will be watching with interest and pulling for you all the way.
 
I, too, am impressed with your meals! The first morning after surgery I had scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. The eggs were really good. I ordered the same thing for the next day. They were't real eggs and were nasty. I called them sadness eggs. :gaah:
 
Lesson learned. On my next knee, when early release is offered - take it, regardless of how awesome the menu is. After the dangling leg incident, I found out I have no cold icebags. So not acceptable to me and the excuses are really lame. For knee #2, I will bring instant ice packs. I will probably have to conceal them, but I've already placed an Amazon order.

Home sweet home just hours away. Ice on demand - woohoo!!!
 
Happy to hear you are going home. Don't worry about the numbers. They will be back in no time. Just take care of yourself and nothing else. Please let us know how you are doing. Enjoy your new recliner.
 
This morning my leg is much stiffer. They say I'm doing great with walker. I avoided the constipation issue. Dr. had ordered Colace and I requested miralax be added. I'm all dressed in street clothes. My RTKR will be scheduled when I have my 2 week visit. They are already booking for Oct. 21.

I would say my pain level is around 3-4. My pain meds are due in 1 1/2 hours. I will see incision when the dressing change is done.

Can't wait to get home.
 
Have a good trip home.. It will be nice to be in your own digs again.. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.. :yes:
 
Home sweet home :flwrysmile:

Rode home in the 2nd row seats of Ford Expedition. Extra pillows to elevate knee. At home RX consist of 10 mg hydrcodone 1 or 2 every six hours. Initially I was at 6/7 on pain scale, but the pain diminished with decreasing swelling.
 
Glad you are home, @wings! Now you just need to rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds.. .... and keep up on everyone's threads at Bonesmart! :yes: (as well as keep us updated!! :))
 
Welcome home @wings! Hope you had a restful night or found something great to watch on TV if you were up all night like I was!! It's much easier to control the pain at home when YOU are in control!!
 
Glad you are home and I m sure you will have good rest and manageable pain level. Keep posting your progress for all friends here.
 
I dozed off several times during the night which I spent in the recliner. Pain level has been very tolerable. This morning will be first OP PT. I'm icing, elevating away!! One of my presurg purchases was item shown below. I purchased for purpose in helping strengthen muscles, but it's better use for me is an assistive device in getting leg elevated to position pillows.

going to catch up on everyone's threads.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Approximate 2 year update
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 233
Hi Wings, glad your pain is diminishing. I will be going for a bird walk next Saturday, my first big one since surgery...and migration is in full swing along the upper Mississippi River flyway. Again so glad to hear your pain has improved!
 
@wings - so glad to hear pain is under control! My PT had me use that kind of strap to assist in heal slides. GENTLE heal slides.. when you're ready for them... Will be thinking of you this weekend! My hubby and I are taking a couple days to go over the the Olympic Peninsula, check out some property and just relax. We are staying in a house on the Straight of Juan De Fuca that also has a pond on the property.... A bird sanctuary!!! I'll be taking my cameras and hopefully get a few decent shots. Supposedly it has a "flat" trail down to the water from the house. ... Even if I can't do "much" walking, I'm hoping to be able to get some shots from the porch??? haha! We'll see!! I'll report back to you. In the meantime, keep up the good work of resting, icing, elevating and taking pain meds!!! You are doing great!! :yes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Being home is great! @Braunzie have a fantastic time!!! Hoping you get some good shots! A bird sanctuary:thumb::thumb:. A group of my friends are doing a birding trip in Washington. They arrived yesterday and will be there for about a week. This morning they were going out on a boat. Next year I can be doing those things. Now's the time for rest recovery, ice and hanging out with my bonesmartie friends!:ice:.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

I know I have a long recovery ahead, but I'm so thankful to be on this side of surgery.

This is a rambling note. I really liked my PT. made a good choice! Good energy!
 
@wings - Do you know where in Washington? I might "run" into them!!! :rotfl: And if you can do it next year, well, then.. I might have to do it WITH you!!!! :yes!:
 
I'm not sure where they are, but I'll find out. About 12 in the group. it would be so much fun for us to meet.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom