Guest viewing is limited

Anterior Left hip replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Anterior Left hip replacement
Look in Library under Library Index and in the "A"s you'll find "Anaesthetics--spinals, femoral blocks, GAs and everything else". This will probably answer some of your questions. And it is possible that you will not have a choice. I was told that my OS for my knees always did spinals with sedation and wasn't asked if that was okay with me. It turned out fine.

On the other hand my OS for my hip did GA. That also turned out to be fine.

Let's face it---as long as you're asleep and know nothing from start to finish---does it really matter that much? And believe me the surgery is the easy part for you---the doc does all the work. It's recovery that you want to really be informed on---getting it right makes a world of difference 'cause you're fully awake for all of it!:rotfl:

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Anterior Left hip replacement
 
ukisgr8, it's going to be fine either way. Let them do it the way they have they most success. (You do not want to be some anesthesiologist's first epidural, right?) I'm 2.5 weeks out, getting my staples out today. I'm doing great and I think you will, too. My biggest issue right now is I took myself off the pain meds a little too quickly and went through mini-withdrawal. Not pleasant, but on day three I'm starting to feel human again. (Wean off. Don't do what I did. Not fun.) I'm just on Acetaminophen and Celebrex (which I understand is more to keep bone from growing into muscle than it is for pain) and I feel good. Looking forward to starting outpatient PT next week. You'll be there before you know it!
 
Don't worry about the GA, not everyone gets nausea from them. I've have a few over the years and never had any nausea. :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Anterior Left hip replacement
The word is out that you'll be having a total left hip replacement come Wednesday!!! I just want to wish you all the best with your surgery. I'll be looking forward to your first post from the "other side". Be sure and start a new thread in the Hip Replacement Recovery Area and be sure and pick a title that will fit your whole recovery.

In the meantime, take care of yourself ---- we care. [Bonesmart.org] Anterior Left hip replacement
 
I have 2 cam impingements on my left femor head that have been bothering me for 7 years now but are at the point where the Ortho Doctor says I have no cartlidge, no labrum, my hip is slipping and dislocating, and every step is bone one bone.
What is a 2 cam impingements? And isn't that bone on bone a drag on everything you try to do?
 
ukisgr8,

This was my first surgery ever and the reason I waited so many years to have it. I was a big chicken and was afraid to be "put out." The hours leading up to my surgery went quickly and were filled with paperwork, meeting with the OS, assistants and anethesiologists. This was a great diversion for someone like me. My family commented that they expected to see me running down the hall with my butt hanging out to get away. But I was "asleep" quickly and in a blink was looking at my husband and was done!!! I was so relieved.

Are you having general anesthesia or and epidural?

Hang in there ...it goes so quickly.
Oh my God, You sound like the female version of me. How many years did you end up waiting? I'm so glad I just read your post.
 
What is a 2 cam impingements? And isn't that bone on bone a drag on everything you try to do?

Cam impingements are like bone growths where the femor head is abnormal. The head is sort of roundish to allow it to glide smoothly in the socket. With 2 Cam impingements however there are 2 pea sized bone growths on it
 
I'f I'm not on here tomorrow, I will try to respond again when I'm on the other side. If not, I will send a note when I get back home. Thanks everyone for all the assistance getting to this point. Couldn't be here without you. thanks
 
Sending you all good wishes for your surgery Ukisgr8 you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Look forward to hearing all about your recovery soon.
 
All the best wishes for you, You Kiss! I hope your surgery and recovery is just as easy and enjoyable as mine was.


Take all the good drugs they'll give you, don't be stoic, stay ahead of the pain. Let people wait on you and bring you good things to eat.

If they don't give you an ice bag for your hip, ask for one. Nap whenever you're sleepy.

See you on the other side:SUNsmile:
 
Ukis,

Good luck...I'm sure your surgery will go well. Will look for you on the other side! !

Mj
 
BarbaraR he's probably having it right now! I don't think anyone has posted from the Hana table yet, but ukisgr8 would be the one to do it if anyone ever does:rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom