Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Another Second Chance

I'm sorry, Second Chance...but I hate you! THERE! I've finally said it! No, truly, your recovery has been nothing short of outstanding. I want you to know I do applaud you, Kudos big-time! Keep up the good work, it does my heart good to know that if you were doing it I can do it too.
 
Thanks everyone! Not trying to show off, I’m just as surprised as you all are!

All of a sudden I catch myself doing things that I used to do before the decline. Just little daily routine type things. If I’m not over-thinking it, I will catch myself doing something ‘new’. It’s kind of exciting!

I guess I am more surprised that I am getting to these milestones without PT! I know the BS recovery guidelines are proven to work and that hips don’t need much except rest in the early weeks. But this is pretty cool!
 
Behold!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Another Second Chance
    72E178B8-F607-48A1-B4BD-95F74BEE7798.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 197
Looking like your 80 going up the stairs, or navigating them toddler style, not sure which is worse :heehee:
Thankfully you'll look your age doing it one day soon....as you know through experience.

Hope you enjoyed your dinner. It's been a grillin kind of weekend for many in the states I'm sure.
Hope you have a good night!
@inthebeginning
 
Hail on the hammock! Going to have to wait...
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Another Second Chance
    60D7BCFA-6FD8-4D3A-80A1-E8B26D475B8A.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 190
At that rate you should be navigating them normally by Saturday.
At least for your age anyway. The clock is ticking...:bored:
Have a good one!
@inthebeginning
 
Here's the history in radiographs of my R hip. Should have another image next Monday to add.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Another Second Chance
    hip progression.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 203
Day 44. Wow. It’s not about me anymore.

I’m sleeping on all sides without much problem. Haven’t even needs the pillow between my legs for the last 3 nights or so.

I’m looking younger on the stairs every trip up! Maybe in my early 60’s this morning! :snork:

I’m really debating PT if only for ROM work. Everything else seems to be happening naturally. I loaned my bicycle to a neighbor until I can ride again. Hopefully soon!

Now about it not being about me. Much like @LAbabymama and others, we have 2 kids and my wife is a small business owner! The kids are now out of school. Between 2 swim practices a day for my 12y/o daughter and whatever my 15 year old has scheduled, I am taxi man. My daughter has her first swim meet this Saturday! My son is playing in a basketball tourney for another week. He started his first job last week as a lifeguard at a local neighborhood pool. He is a couple months away from getting his drivers license which will help, but he is still logging his time to qualify! He needs to have 50 hours of driving logged with one of us before he can take the test. We aren’t there quite yet.

I think I will be ready to get back to work in 2 weeks probably. My doc said he has no restrictions on when I can return. It is totally up to me since I know what the hip will be able to put up with. The biggest thing for me at work is sitting. I spend most of the day driving around the airport inspecting and monitoring the facilities. I can usually stop every once in a while and get out to talk to someone and stretch. Currently, I can sit in the car for almost an hour without getting too uncomfortable.

Long post. Have a great day!
 
@inthebeginning That schedule reminds me of my 3 teenage grandkids that are all involved with different sports and now working part time jobs as well, so best of luck to you!!! How on earth would you find the time to do this ROM PT? :heehee: I've been curious to drag my bike out of storage as well since I'm 3 months post op it shouldn't be too much of a biggie. Except for that Klutz Disease I have!!! :rotfl: Sounds like you're really getting along really well, you're a lucky hipster! :biking:
 
Day 45.

Daughter swim practice.
Mowed the front yard. Yes, a standard gasoline push mower.
Neighborhood garage sale today. Now just sitting in the shade of our big blue spruce in the front yard. Not a lot of traffic... slow sales.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom