THR Anniepops THR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris zauberflöte oh what a bummer not being able to hang out your washing. So you have a lot of birds flying about, what kind are they? It's not too bad here although someone over the back keeps pigeons and they are a bit of a nuisance sometimes and we have two collared doves, which I love, nesting behind our sky dish a few times every year but they aren't too bad for the pooing on the washing and it is worth it as we love to peek our heads out of the bathroom window and see the chicks hatch and grow. They are very noisy though and wake us early every morning with their cooing. :)
 
Hi Cardie, it is so lovely to hear from you, where ya been, I've missed you :)

Sorry about the pedometer thing getting you down. I suppose in general day to day life if I was not taking the dogs out I wouldn't cover two miles either but are you saying you just can't do a long walk still? How are things going? Do you still feel you are at a standstill? I do and I know I have done really well but I really think this might be it for me. If it is then I am happy though :) it's a heck of a lot better than it was and that's the main thing.

Take care

Ann.xxx
 
I am having a night off from my floor exercises tonight, been having a sort out in the loft, humping boxes from one place to another, getting rid of lots of junk and boy can I feel it. It's my good side that's hurting the most.I think I'm going to be as stiff as a board in the morning.
 
I meant to mention this earlier, but got distracted. Bouncing while doing lunges is not a good thing. Don't do that! Don't you like your knees and want them to be happy? Of course, you do! So, don't bounce.
 
Annie you'll be putting your feet up soon and chilling out then? I've just had a packet of crisps dumped on my head, when my kakariki parakeet decided he wanted the whole packet and i swung my hand, still holding the crisps to chase him. Still picking crisps out my bra. They went down the neck of my top. lol :rolleyes:
 
I hear you Alex, no more bouncing :)

Aud, oo nowt worse than crisps down ya bra, hope you manage to dig them all out.lol.
 
Audball :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: whyn't you send the bird in after them?????
Anniepops you want the list of boids??? In the yard: starlings, robins, starlings, cardinals, starlings (that's the last time I will mention them, but you know where they go), crows, ravens, 3 kinds of woodpecker, mockingbirds aplenty, 3 kinds if hawk, small finches of various kinds, ditto sparrows, bluejays, grackles, tufted titmice, yellow bellied sapsuckers, migrating cedar waxwings, non-migrating canada geese (not IN the yard, thank goodness), and flyovers of ducks, egrets, herons, the occasional bald eagle, I give up but there are more!!!!! Often the deck is covered with bird poop, often the driveway and the cars. Nice decoration, especially when the mulberries are out....and we do NT live in the country! This is merely suburbia--
You asked.....:whistle:
 
zauberflöte What, no bluebirds????

[Bonesmart.org] Anniepops THR Recovery


Maybe Mr. Z can install a box on a post in the yard so that you can watch them over the summer months. They are so beautiful.

Hope you are feeling ok after the big clean-out of the loft Anniepops !! :)

Take care,
Cardie
 
C Mac oh crdie, we used to when we lived in Richmond, but i don't see them here often. I can't feed or house birds-- the cats are a holy terror at my neighbor's feeder, sigh. Also left out barn swallows and sometimes chimney swifts. Also chickens, do they count? LOL
 
When I lived in Kentucky, we must have been on a migratory flight path. We had so many awesome birds. Once one flew into my kitchen. The cats thought that was a great idea! Happily, I was able to shoo the bird safely back outdoors.

So, my sad story for the weekend ... you know all the fun outdoors things I do? Well, I managed to strain my psoas..... wait for it... putting on a sock! I'm so embarrassed.
 
alexthecat Sorry about your 'broken wing.' Putting on socks is a noble activity post THR.... no shame in it. Be well soon.
 
Alex i totally understand the strain from putting on a sock. It's so frustrating ...... then hubby will say ....... I'll do it..... and i say .... NOOOOOOOO. I'm fine! (not really, just stubborn) lol
 
Hahahaha Cardie, what a hoot, I bet she's good for a laugh.....is it a 'she'????? I envisage our Alex to look a bit fitter than that. :) I love your pic of the bluebirds, thankyou for posting that, they are soooo cute. Is that a male and a female? one is much lighter. We have a song which includes the line....'there'll be bluebirds over, the white cliffs of Dover.........I have been to Dover many times but have never seen a bluebird. I'm pleased I know what they look like now.

Chris, aha, now I understand why you don't hang out the washing. What a vast array of birds you have, so many. I'm with Cardie, I would have loads of birdboxes around the garden so I could watch them but I guess your cats would have a field day if you done that. I can't have boxes because of my dogs, they would just scare them all away as they go crazy if the is a bird in sight.

Alex, I'm so sorry to hear about your poorly psoas, it goes to show if we move just a wee bit the wrong way damage can be done. Hope you aren't in too much pain. Take care.
 
alexthecat Sorry about your 'broken wing.' Putting on socks is a noble activity post THR.... no shame in it. Be well soon.

"Noble"? Hm.... I don't know about that. For me, dressing is just ... dressing. I guess other people might find it more meaningful or something. It's not where I am in my life though. Those post-op milestones are pretty far in the past for me these days.

It's sort of a joke among more athletic people that we spend hours outdoors or at the gym and then injure ourselves doing something mundane... like putting on a sock.

Anyway the psoas injury was in my normal, non-THR hip and not related to THR at all. It's just one of those things that happens to everyone eventually. I gave it a break yesterday and just did an hour on the elliptical to get it mobilized. So... I'm back in business!
 
Alex i totally understand the strain from putting on a sock. It's so frustrating ...... then hubby will say ....... I'll do it..... and i say .... NOOOOOOOO. I'm fine! (not really, just stubborn) lol

That's not quite what happened. I pulled a muscle in my non-THR hip after a day of skiing. Putting on socks is not a strain for me.

I think you will find that it get a lot easier for you as well in the coming weeks. You're still pretty early out. I never had difficulty with socks but I know plenty of people who have and it does seem to work out with time.
 
Day of skiing?.... lol. Nope... I've a long while til I could try that. :wink:
 
Hi Anniepops,
It's very much a world of mystery and surprises I'm also finding! As a control freak this new paradigm is causing me some stress too.
Controlling my meds is my main priority. What I take and when ( within the OS' prescribed drugs).
I want to take meds so I can do the physio sessions with the minimum possible pain, sleep through the night but not take them just because it suits the nurses' medication round. This is a bit of a challenge I'm finding as they like to maintain control and knowledge!
I have however extricated that info so feel much better about driving the recovery project!
This will be possible for me as I go from here- the surgical ward- to the onsite rehab unit. Happy recovery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom