Guest viewing is limited

THR Anniepops THR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofsign: C Mac; what a hoot, Cardie really you have me sussed.....I may have been a teensy weensy bit obsessed with the frogs of late but it was also half term last week so I have been doing things with the bairn all week too :whistle: I agree when you rest you rust...too true!

OH says it's because I use two pillows but I just cannot sleep with only one. Poppet; the pain is going down the back of my good leg which made me think of sciatica, this morning, I done some bridges and pulling knees towards body before I got up and it helped a lot. The pain isn't as bad. It's just so annoying to have this again when it had disappeared post op.

Cardie, no I have never seen a chiropractor, have heard good and bad reports and the thing is I think because you really have to keep returning this kinda puts me off but I agree it would be worth a visit just for their opinion. There is one very local to me so I shall look into it thanks.

Sandy, your Aussie oil sounds lovely, I bet even the smell is therapeutic. I am going to have a look and see if there is something similar which I can buy. Thankyou.x. Hope you are doing well, those countdown numbers are going down really quick, can't believe it's nearly March already.

Vicki Vida; well done on trying the walnut crunch whilst walking up a hill, I have enough trouble doing it walking on flat ground but now you have given me a challenge I shall have to try it :)

Alex alexthecat....what have you done......those blumming frogs are too addictive.....I am such a complete saddo I have even resorted to actually writing a list of what frogs I need to keep etc as I was just breeding and buying willy nilly without a purpose :heehee:

Ii's snowing again today...really heavy too...exiting...out come the wellies again!

Bye for now lovely lasses.xxxx
 
The Aussie oil sounds a bit like the Emu oil I've had recommended, have not seen it in shops so must google it.
As I usually sleep on my side, when I had shoulder/neck pain I was told to use 2 pillows to keep my neck straight - I had only ever slept with one before. I do find that the "pulling knees to chest" helps my back or doing the cat pose where you arch and drop your back when kneeling. It just seems to loosen everything in the lower back area.
Better not look at this frog game, Angry Birds is bad enough in this house!
Snow keeps coming and going here, the wind is bitterly cold - if it is easterly it comes straight up the Thames/Medway estuary to us. I'm staying in but am now going to do some exercise!
alexthecat That reminds me, my yoga teacher had us doing squats with backs against a smooth wall or door until you got the idea/feel of where toes, knees and buttocks need to be (and probably to stop us falling over, we're all arthritic, elderly or both!)
Love to everyone
Anne
 
Well, I'm glad your lists are preventing you breeding imaginary frogs without purpose. :rotfl: You see why I recommend that game for people in the "sit around and wait to heal" phase of recovery. That's not you right now, so maybe do some exercises while waiting for froggies to hatch?
 
Yes, I had a feeling this might have something to do with the breeding of tiny frogs and the distraction it might cause :heehee:. Might the sciatic pain be caused by the stretching to touch toes that you mention? You mention that some days you are able and some days not so able -- which makes me wonder if some of that is related to your pelvis and in turn some of the muscles in your low back... just speculating or guessing....

Be like me with the chiropractor and do what you want. If you try it, see how it feels a day or two later. I only go once a week and have taken many months off at times. You don't have to make a bunch of appointments -- you have the excuse of being very busy between the bairn and the tiny amphibians. :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Ann, I had trouble juggling two regular pillows but I solved the problem entirely using by getting a cheap king-size one, which reaches comfortably from crotch to foot, does not put pressure on any part of the hip to cause discomfort and allows me to turn easily. If you try it, go for something very cheap. You don't want anything overstuffed as it will put pressure on various bit that tend to ache in the night.
 
Thanks Vicki but it's the pillows for my head that Hubby thinks is causing my back ache....i do however also use, not a pillow but my very large cuddly elephant ( I know I am a bit crackers) to snuggle during the night and do wonder if the cuddling of said elephant is causing my bach ache. Perhaps one of your XL pillows would be better :thumb:

Hi Anne, I actually find it very hard to do squats up against the wall, don't know why but I like doing them using the exercise ball against the wall. I will try the cat pose thanks :) Still waking in pain but doing the exercises before I get up makes a huge difference. Still researching Sandys oil too, the Emu oil I found has slightly different ingredients but perhaps will work just as well. Hope the weather has improved now in your neck of the woods. It's brass monkey weather up here.brrrrrr.

Cardie, you are the little angel on my shoulder whispering in my ear telling me to do the good thing rather than the lazy thin :angel: Have been listening to angel tonight and done all my exercises. :) I really think I have kicked the clamshells into touch finally. No bother doing them and I think correctly. Yes, My flexibility differs from day to day. I definitely feel like my pelvis is twisted especially when I am doing my 'trying to cross my legs' exercise. My lower half is certainly not straight.

Alex, I know I am not the target audience for froggie recommendations but I missed out earlier so feel I need to get in on the action now. :loll: But I am back to exercises too now so I am being a good girl. Hope you are well.x.

Got copy of the letter for my GP from the nurse who done my year check up and she says that my gait was good and I was walking much better..true....she also says that I do not have a LLD but I THINK I have a slight one so I want to see a biomechanics person. She didn't even measure my legs...nobody at the hospital has ever measured my legs so I don't know how she can state that I do not have a LLD!!!! If I can see that my pelvis is so obviously not alligned when standing in front of a mirror and if I walk with an obvious limp then Surely I must have a LLD. Anyhoo I will make an appt with GP to be referred to biomechanic lady she waht she has to say.
 
I am a fine one to criticize you playing Pocket Frogs. I play almost every day and I'm on level 32. That's after deleting the game and starting over from nothing. It's strange that such a simple game would be so addictive. I'm not usually interested in computer games.
 
Got copy of the letter for my GP from the nurse who done my year check up and she says that my gait was good and I was walking much better..true....she also says that I do not have a LLD but I THINK I have a slight one so I want to see a biomechanics person. She didn't even measure my legs...nobody at the hospital has ever measured my legs so I don't know how she can state that I do not have a LLD!!!! If I can see that my pelvis is so obviously not alligned when standing in front of a mirror and if I walk with an obvious limp then Surely I must have a LLD. Anyhoo I will make an appt with GP to be referred to biomechanic lady she waht she has to say.

Hi Ann,

Maybe your nurse is saying this because of how your pelvis lined up on the x-ray at your 1 year check up. Did you get a copy of your x-rays?

The LLD thing can be a little crazy as in our case, with the congenital issues, it can be related to things like soft tissue issues and/or scoliosis and not necessarily the actual length of our 2 femurs. I think it's a good idea to go to the biomechanic lady and see what her opinion is on your situation!!

You notice a difference and that's what is most important.
Take care,
Cardie
 
Oh drat Cardie I forgot to take a photo of the xray on my phone to compare with the last one. Thinking about it though it did seem pretty much the same. Have to wait over two weeks for appt with GP so it's gonna be a while before I get an appt with biomechanic dept but fortunately I am not desperate .

You are probably right about her looking at the Xray. Didn't think of that but that leg is definitely shorter...ho humm, as my Mam used to say..."these things are sent to try us" :)
 
I think I've mentioned this before, but I was much, much more comfortable sleeping on my side with no pillow between my knees. I did it for the duration of my hip precautions, but I didn't put up with it a single night longer than I had to. I was always battling with the cat for that pillow anyway. He thought I had tucked it into the bed to make a super-comfy spot for him to sleep in.
 
I was always battling with the cat for that pillow anyway. He thought I had tucked it into the bed to make a super-comfy spot for him to sleep in.

Well, alexthecat, you know
[Bonesmart.org] Anniepops THR Recovery
cat's rule.
 
:rotfl: Yeah... that's about the size of it, Judy.
 
Hi Ann,

Hope your back is feeling better and maybe a massage in celebration of your hip's birthday is due!! :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hiya Cardie, well, the back is better in the morning but I am tossing and turning during the night which is a pain, especially for Hubby, poor thing not getting his proper sleep cos of me but no pian during the day which is great. Funny I don't hurt when walking.I have been doing different exercises, concentrating more on back ones and it has helped a lot so need to keep those up for a bit.

Funny you should mention a massage, Friday night I was lying on the floor doing some stretches and moaning a bit.lol. and my youngest offered to give me a massage.....he has never done one before but he really tried bless his little cotton socks. I can only compare it to a baker kneading a huge lump of dough very very heavy handedly :heehee: oh my it hurt but he was really trying so I took it for a few minutes then said it was a bit better. I love it that he was so thoughtful to offer.

Thanks for posting on my one year thread Cardie....as for the video of me hooping.....oh noooo I probably look a right daft lass when I am doing it.haha. I did admire that girls lovely muscley......that looks weird, how do you spell it, is it even a word??? legs though...oh to have even tiny visible muscles in my thigh :loll:

That was funny about your cat Alex, how cute that he thought his mummy was making a nice spot for him to get comfy in. I wouldn't dare let my dogs on the bed at night, they would take over the whole bed as they like to really spread out.

I can't believe you have started the froggies all over again, what are you like eh.....are you a bit of a faff like me, keeping a list?
 
ann what is the Frog game you keep talking about? I love to play games as long as they are easy and silly. I don't like blood and guts stuff. My daughter down loaded Osmos and it ok but I love the music so much I get listening to it and forget to play the game. So could I have more information on the Frog game. It sounds like its on my level. As for your back, I had some trouble and went for a message. It not only gets the spot but the whole body get a award. Is the game froggies. I am getting more interested. Well I have to go and pay rent. Hope the back gets better. Tashia
 
Tashia, the game is called pocket frogs, it is very easy, you just have to breed frogs and go to the pond to eat dragonflies to keep them alive. There are also achievements to aim for. It is very simple but be warned.....very addictive....I blame Alex for getting me started.lol.
 
Anniepops How do you find it? Remember I am not a computer person. I am getting so much better but I have still have trouble downloading and getting it done right. So pocket frogs is found where?
 
tashia if you have an iPhone or iPad, you can find it in the iTunes store. Just search for "pocket frogs". Ann is right that it's very addictive. Your friends here will miss you if you decide to spend all your time breeding cartoon frogs.
 
alexthecat I don't have a iPhone or iPad so am I in trouble with not getting it. Can it be downloaded on a computer? Tashia
 
I think it's only on mobile devices, Tashia. I have an Android phone that I play Frogs on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom