Guest viewing is limited

THR Anniepops THR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not fair. :thud: :yikes: :yikes: I don't get to play. :cry: Thats ok I find something to play. :heehee: Tashia
 
Oh silly me, sorry Tash, of course you need a touchscreen to play froggies. What about Bejewelled that is a game you can just pick up and put down whenever.

Alex alexthecat; what do you think about me using our ab circle pro? Was thinking of giving it a whirl but don't know what with all the whooshing with it being all about the hip swinging. I don't want to cause myself an injury. :)

Good morning today, no back pain on wakening, that felt very lovely. I definitely need to try not to sleep on my back as that's what does it I think. It's daft cos when I had to sleep on my back post surgery I hated it and now I automatically go there when I am asleep.

Going for a chat to tomorrow with the local voluntary service to see what's suitable for me. Think I am going to go for one of the charity shops but we shall see, they might have other suggestions.
 
I don't have a high opinion of the Ab Circle Pro, in general. They got sued (and lost some vast amount of money) for making false claims about effectiveness.

I doubt it would do any harm to your hip. Don't know if your back would tolerate it. I'm not sure that you would actually benefit from it. What are you expecting it to do for you?
 
Ooo very interesting about the suing Alex, Hubby bought ours a while ago after falling for all the hype but has seen sense now and runs,cycles and goes to the gym with great results.

It's in our shed and I spotted it and wondered if it would be good for kind of loosening up my new hip with all the swinging action. Don't think I will bother now though, don't want to risk putting my back out again.Thanks.x.
 
Hello, Congenital hip dysplasia as a baby in both hips, always suffered painful knees and legs. 4 years ago went to doctor complaining pains were a lot worse, doctor refused xray, as he said pain in too many areas. So he did blood tests! Finally had xray that showed left hip was rubbing and they did an arthroscopy in November, which made no difference. So finally had my hip replaced on 26th Feb, lots of bruising, swelling has now went down, ice helped, but it was more painful in my knee than the hip. Now i feel as though all my muscles are knitting together. lol.
So glad it's done, now just have to wait and see how my right hip holds out.

Pleased to meet you.
Audball. X
 
It's daft cos when I had to sleep on my back post surgery I hated it and now I automatically go there when I am asleep.

Hi Ann,

I did the same thing for a few months after my surgery, even though I'd hated the back sleeping in the beginning. Do you put a little elephant, or pillow underneath your knees when you are on your back? That might take a bit of pressure off your back and allow you to continue to sleep on your back for a while at night.

Ok, so Alex says you might not want to use that gadget you found in the garden shed... now is it time for you to venture into the gym or recreation center??? You don't have to go during bodybuilder's hour, just find a good place with some cardio machines, weight machines, free weights and maybe an instructor or two -- plus I'm sure alexthecat can give you some ideas of things to do in there!!

Bless your young son and his back massage skills, I'm sure that got the blood flowing in your back :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hiya Cardie, how are you doing, hope things are going well for you :)

The trouble is,I don't fall asleep on my back I just end up there. I go to sleep on my operated side every night.

It was so funny you mentioning my elephant, for someone just reading that post who hadn't read any others on this thread that must seem a very strange thing to say, they may think it is some sort of special medical cushion. It gave me a giggle anyway :heehee: My elephant isn't little, it is the length of a pillow...eee it is the child in me who still likes a cuddly toy in bed....the husband just doesn't cut it...not squidgy enough for my liking :whistle:

I don't know about joining a gym, still have a bit of a complex about being around all the 'normal' people. There is a polygym at the swimming baths so I might look into what they have there, I know it isn't massive and not used that much so might be okay for me and my foibles :umm:

We've had horrible weather these past few days but I don't even mind walking in the rain these days, just plug in my headphones and off I trot with dogs.

I have a new exercise whilst walking.....attention Vicki Vida; :) you may like to give this a whirl.

I have been trying ro walk with a wiggle...not a limpy one, a sexy one.lol. Always found I couldn't do it. So, I've been practising my wiggle walking and found that it is easier to crunch the walnut with one side at a time if you do the wiggle. On the operated leg wiggle I have been really concentrating on the buttock lift and squeeze and I can really feel it.As per usual, I probs look like a daft lass but I'm used to that now.haha. Will have to do it when I am out walking with my friend and ask her how I look!!!!! What a laugh.
 
I used to do that when I had almost but not quite eliminated my limp. I decided to try to walk a little sexy, so it would seem like I was doing it on purpose. I am pretty sure that's fair. I mean lots of women walk that way, right?
 
Oh! And most gyms have a sort of lull in the afternoon. That's a good time to go if you want to avoid people.
 
Well hello there Ann. So you are trying to bring sexy back... (to quote that great philosopher Justin Timberlake.) I absolutely understand what you mean. I too am sashaying along, cracking my nuts as it were and do much better at it if I am wearing a heel. I have observed that I have the heel-toe thing down pat on my operated leg but am still having trouble swinging the other leg around unless I really concentrate. That has been quite a discovery. I so did not know I did that. I have described myself as penguin-ey but its actually more like a one-sided Charlie Chaplin walk. Sorry to be so technical.

I am currently ground to a halt except for the cycling because of the grumbling knee on the Charlie Chaplin leg, which I used to call the good leg, but it is having a time out. I am getting a consult on Monday about what to do as it is holding me back from exercising and walking, which the other one needs. Does your husband mind being tossed aside for Nelly the Elephant... we sleep in separate beds because we only have room for queen size beds in our old house and I could never get comfy for years with my hip, too much wriggling and turning. Plus my husband snores (as I am told do I) and after being married for what seems like forever, getting sleep becomes important. I don`t have an elephant but I do have a cosy pillow to snuggle until my husband pops into bed with me in the morning. It has become a treat to sleep together when we go away and have a king size bed (and earplugs.) Ah, aging romance. Its a beautiful thing.
 
Vicki, Hubby is very anti elephant as it happens but tough cookies, if elephant goes, I go. He used to throw it out of the bed once I was asleep.lol but now I cling onto it either with my knees or my arms the whole night so it stays put. The daft thing is he bought it for me because I said I loved it when we were out shopping in Ikea one day. Little did he realise it would replace him. Mwa mwa. :heehee:

I soo envy you your seperate beds, I would LOVE to have those. We have a kingsize and it is roomy but oh how I want my own bed. Hubby works some nightshifts so I do get the bed to muself quite often anyway, that's lovely to stretch out.

I love the idea of you sashaying, sounds very fancy indeed to my 'just sexy wiggle' lol. I womder what's up with your good leg to be misbehaving though. I hope you get some answers on Charlie Chaplin on Monday. Perhaps Doc will suggest injection to ease the knee. Big bummer that it is interfering with your exercising.

You lasses make me smile. Alex, bless you and your sexy walking. Its good to know it's not only me who has these ideas. Yes, lots of women do walk that way. Some really badly actually, that's me definitely, that's why it is done in secret. How is your wiggling now Alex, did it improve with practise?
 
Not correcting the spelling errors, flippin Ipads bad enough for it but twice as bad when you have false nails on!!!!!!
 
I always felt a little silly with my allegedly sexy walk. I stopped worrying about it after a while. Now I have the kind of walk that you see with people that do a lot of weightlifting. Not very wiggly.
 
Ah shame you lost the wiggle Alex but at least now you look fit when walking. I would take that. Much better than a limp eh!
 
Wow Alex (my ampersand isn`t working unless I turn the machine off so I can`t tag you right now) I bet you have flat abs as well as strong legs. I can never remember having flat abs.. just flabs, which is what I call those podgy bits that turn into a muffin top when squished into skinny jeans. However, I am 15 years older than you.... that`s my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Lovely elephant story Ann. I have seen those in Ikea, had no idea they were actually husband replacements. (That`s a joke, not an insult in case your husband sees this.) I was married when I was just a wee thing, we recently celebrated 40 years.. can you imagine. (My exclamation point isn`t working either or I would have used it just then. Big time.) Sleeping arrangements become more fluid as you get older. When you semi-retire, which is where I am at today, even hanky panky becomes more flexible. Thus my husband has no complaints regarding sleeping arrangements. In fact I am quite partial to the kitchen kind, although you have to watch out for hot pans and sharp things. I think my husband likes to imagine I am Nigella. Sorry if that is too much information.
 
Nearly choked on my coffe there Vicki, blimey, you are a right little minx arn't you :heehee: What a hoot.

Yes, ikea elephants are replacement husbands when necessary, though Hubby does come in useful at times. He does bring home the bacon which elephant can't do so I mustn't try to totally replace him.hehe.

I hope you are as good in the kitchen at the cooking as you are at the 'other' stuff because if not then the Nigella accolade is not suitable. :rotfl:
 
Oh well I wasn't boasting. Honest. I am actually a big Jamie fan. I like to think I'm an OK cook although I haven't entertained much in the last year or so, cos I couldn't stand long enough to cook anything even a bit complicated, then I couldn't sit very long at a table. I became rather a drag actually, I had to carry a pillow around so I preferred to stay in than go out and see anyone. Back to Nigella: I could not be bothered to do all that eye-rolling and lip-licking while trying to scrape carrots, plus she uses waaaay too much butter for my liking. My husband, being very acute, noticed that the cameras tend to focus on her booboola area a lot while she is whipping eggs etc. I think he quite likes that. Well, is there a man alive that doesn't fancy her? He doesn't like her as much now that she's dropped some weight. That's the British-raised man for you.
 
I don't have an elephant. :cry: I have an obese grey cat to cuddle with. I think that's about the same thing. He was a stray when I took him in. He has a tantrum if I won't cuddle when he wants to.

I don't sexy walk anymore unless I am trying to be seductive. I am awful about checking out how other people walk though. Then I feel like telling them what exercises to do. I never do that though. I'm less pushy in real life. :)
 
I just laughed at the comments about sexy walks and elephants. pmsl....Glad to find people using sexy walks for limping and cuddly toys as medical props..... funny.. :rofsign:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom