THR Anniepops THR Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Billy, I know what you mean about childhod days gone by. I was happy with some laccas(elastic bands ) tied together to a long length then tied to two trees to hop over again and again. The kids of today are missing out on a whole lot of fun, delivo and tin can were also such exiting games to play and required nothing but stuff you could find around the house. I'm joining the fuddy duddy club with you :)

You will be able to do your laces again I'm sure, remember I am seven mobths post op.....blimey it has taken a while but it's well worth the wait as you will find :)

Sending you lots of Geordie hugs.

Ann.x.
 
Ann,

You are doing great -- got rid of the cane, tie & untying the shoes and the hula queen!!
Keep up the good work!! Any idea where Angie; has gone and if she is doing ok??

Take care,
Cardie
 
[Bonesmart.org] Anniepops THR Recovery . [Bonesmart.org] Anniepops THR Recovery .

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Shoe tying, check it off the list- hooray. Funny how all of a sudden things like that happen and we are surprised by them. It's like Cardie always says, when you walk away from continuously trying to do something, then all of a sudden you go back and whola you can do it. Congrats, might not seem like much to people off the site but those of us on it KNOW it is a big deal. Cathy[/img]
 
Hi Annie

Another successful milestone passed... Tying and untying shoe laces is a HUGE one [Bonesmart.org] Anniepops THR Recovery
 
Yeah, Annie! Good for you. Each time we make progress like this it is so encouraging. Keep up the good work!
 
Hallooooo thanks for popping by ladies :puppysmooze:

Cardie, nope, I don't know what's happened to Angie which is a shame, I would love to hear how she is doing, she was having quite a rough time of it poor thing :sad: I hope she pops back on at some point to let s know how she is.


The shoe tying Is a massive thing for me...no mre having to ask hubby or the kids to do it. Still can't do it without sitting but hopefully that will come too. Was walking the dogs today and my daft lace came undone so I had to walk home with my trainer flopping about.lol. No seats on the big field I walk the dogs.

Still going hard at it with the hoop. Hoping it will also help to get rid of my muffin top hehe, I am naturally slim but having the kids has not been kind to my midriff.....well that's my excuse anyway, nowt to do with all the cakes and chocolate honestly :whistle:

Hubby so kindly says I look like I am permanently wearing an inflated swim ring..cheeky thing what he is :) Will let you know if it helps diminish it though perhaps I should also eat less rubbish. :wink:
 
Hi Ann,

Are you able to kneal like this? If so, that might be a way to tie your shoe next time it comes undone on the dog walk.

[Bonesmart.org] Anniepops THR Recovery


Glad you are still having fun with the hula hoop! I wonder if your hubby has been trying it when no one is around watching... :heehee:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi Annie,
Sorry I haven't been around. I promised I would tell you about my Feldenkrais exercises for the pelvis. I believe they are working for me as my pelvis movement has improved so much. Also informed that the Quadratus Lumborum (QL) muscle is very important in walking which is at the side of the back ( somewhere :heehee:). With our hips it effects everything from top to toe.

I found these exercises helpful for the pelvis. I will describe them but have no pics for them. Sorry.

Lay on your back with with one knee bent and the other straight. Place your palm( of straight leg side) flat on the floor near your ear. ( This means that your arm is bent at the elbow) Basically lengthen both the straight leg and arm so your QL muscle is working. Do it slowly x10 times. Then do the opposite side.

Also, in the same position with the bent knee lengthen the straight leg. Begin to gently roll the pelvis toward the long leg side. Keep the knee bent upright. Gently push with the standing foot so the knee moves slightly away from the head. Repeat this rolling x10.

There are variations of these exercises and the purpose is to roll the pelvis as well as free the armpit hence stretching the QL muscle.

I pray that it all makes sense as I had it shown and explained to me by the Feldenkrais practitioner and if anyone has pics please add on so you can also see what it all means.

Happy about your shoelace triumph:yay:
Take care
Jyoti
 
Thanks for popping in Cardie and Jyoti, Cardie, I still can't do that movement, my knee won't let me but it is improving slowly and I like trying to do that, think it is a good exercise for me anyway so thanks.

Jyoti, just been looking at your thread and happy to see things are improving. Thankyou very much for the Feldenkrais exercises, your instructings are just great, I fully undersand and will be having a go later on when I have rested from my gym session, boy that cross trainer knacks me.

Ann
 
Cardie, hubby is useless at the hula hoop, this pleases me greatly as I have never been better than him at any exercise stuff before.....I know I am wicked :rotfl: I must say that I am developing a waist, very happy about that. I have so many people buying hoops since I started I should be on commision.lol.
 
Hi Annie,

Sounds as though you are getting on well. Love the sense of humor! It's what we all could use a little more of, I think. Hula hoop...wow, good for you. Belly dancing might be fun also! Have a great day.
 
Wish I could join in on that hula hooping, it would be a welcome sign to see my waist :loll: not there yet though on that kind of movement. I think I am going to try that F movement jyoti suggested too, though right before I go somewhere I hate to try something new for fear of "body retaliation" haha. Keep up the good work, cathy
 
Thanks Diane and Cathy, Diane lol I Don't know about the belly dancing, that looks hard and needs a lot of coordination methinks, must admit I have tried to do but just look ridiculous.......couldn't look sexy if I tried.hehe.

Cathy, the movement from Jyoti does sound good. Hope you can manage it.

Well I have been for my walk. I have been clenching a walnut, trying to stop the runs and my bucket of water from spilling whilst avoiding many puddles on a waterlogged field, oh and a bit of blackberry picking inbetween ( note to self...next time do not wear knee length gym pants if blackberry picking...legs are scratched to bits) and I watched my shadow when it was infront of me(as you do! :) )and I was definitely walking better, just as well I was alone, I would never be able to hold a conversation as well.lol.

Daft question......do most people automatically walk like that, I found I pushed out my chest( not a bad thing.lol) and straightened my back whilst concentrating on the walking. I guess they naturally do but some have a bad posture anyway whilst walking. Must take notice of others walking.

Off to put cream on my ripped legs

Ann.x.
 
Too funny, a long long time ago, many years, some friends and me took a belly dancing class. We were so bad at it, we just laughed our way through, though some more serious dancers were a bit miffed with us. Funny memory, thanks for that.
 
Daft question......do most people automatically walk like that, I found I pushed out my chest( not a bad thing.lol) and straightened my back whilst concentrating on the walking. I guess they naturally do but some have a bad posture anyway whilst walking. Must take notice of others walking.

Hi Ann,

I love to watch people walk!! Some people are just so amazingly balanced and fluid in their movements and they float along. Same with some of the runners that I see in my journeys, they just have amazing form -- I think it's just natural for some people that have a more "normal" anatomy. I sometimes joke, that if I am reincarnated I hope to be a bird or butterfly as they move along so smoothly and gracefully...

Hope you are doing well,
Cardie
 
Ann, I love to read your posts. You have a way of doing things in the most postive way. You are doing so good keep it up. Take care. Tashia
 
Hello girlies :) thanks for popping by. I've been busy what with the kids being off school and having a horrible cold.......if I was a man it would be the flu but seeing as I am a lass it was just a bad cold.lol.....sorry fellas, only kidding :whistle:

Managed to drag myself to my gym PT session today despite feeling rough. PT said if I wanted to stop going that would be okay seeing as I can do most if the stuff at home and I am walking for an hour a day but I do like going to use the cross trainer and leg press thingie so we shall see. I don't think my knee is ever going to be right despite all the specific exercises but the good thing is it doesn't hurt much any more so I can live with the kookieness :)

So things are ticking away nicely, ROM is still not great but no pain in hip or knee so I'm happy. Oh and still hula hooping for England every day, loving it :)

Toodlepip for now

Ann
 
Hi Ann,

:yay: What a lovely report!! You are walking an hour a day, you are my hero -- that is awesome!!!!! :yay:

I bet you could find a facility there that has a cross trainer and some leg machines that you could transition to when you are ready to stop your physio appointments, right??!?

It's good that you are no longer having knee and hip pains. Even if your knee still seems a bit odd, maybe it will be working differently in 8 more months with all that you are doing. Don't give up hope, there is still time for continued adaptation as time passes. Glad that the hula hooping is still going well and hope the kids haven't taken to fighting with your foam roller -- it can be good for bonking people on the head.... :heehee:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom