Guest viewing is limited

TKR Annie11 recovery

My knee keeps gaining ROM as time continues. I probably made it to 90 at about 4 weeks and am at about 130 as of now. I did very little therapy at all except for walking.
 
@newlybionic That's great!! Hoping I get there in a few months.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had my 2 week checkup yesterday & the PA wasn't so rough ... ;)

So far everything looks good, I can walk without the cane or walker in short spurts and the PT measured me at 92 degrees. Weird seeing your X-rays.
[Bonesmart.org] Annie11 recovery



The bruising and swelling has gone down and I'm feeling better.

Baby steps...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great report. Slowly but surely wins the race. :)
 
@Annie11 glad to have found your recovery thread. Looks like you are doing well. I love the pic of your new knees. Nice to see knees without arthritis. I had my first knee done 8/11 and was to have second knee done 3 weeks later but I have postponed it. Thinking more like you at 3 or 4 months later.
 
Hey, how did you make out? @thecoll
Hope you are doing good! I'll have to find your recovery thread.

This second one hurt a lot more - wow, first few days were rough but doing better now at 2 weeks than before... Strange

Glad you're going to wait, I think it's easier. [emoji2]



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am now closing in on being 3 weeks out @Annie11 . It seems to get better day by day. It is hard just sitting around all day but I know it must take place in order to heal. I start outpt rehab tomorrow so a little nervous but I know it will help. They do say each knee is different.
 
So last week I ended up in ER because of constipation of all things! They thought i had a blockage... The first 2 weeks are very difficult with all the pain meds every 4 hrs - Vicodin really shuts you down!! :xmark: I was in so much pain. I was taking all the meds required but it just didn't help. Anyway, feeling much better now and not taking as much pain medicine. Wow, never want to experience that again!!

My pain & stiffness in my quad still is my issue with this right knee - some swelling in joint still going on. I have good ROM, (got to 106 degrees yesterday) but the quad just is so weak. Been increasing the quad strengthening exercises and finally starting to feel a little improvement.

I've been walking without assistance since week 2, and was told I can drive whenever I feel up to it. Working from home is a nice perk and I can sit comfortably in an office chair now for a hour or so. Very stiff getting up & my left leg is also still recuperating. Still only at 95 degrees yesterday and hurting some today since they were cranking on it. My goal is 105 both legs - half way there!

The leg aches I was experiencing a few months ago have returned and I noticed if I use an ace bandage or knee sleeve it helps reduce it a lot. I then found an article on TED compression stockings that seem to help a lot of people with this type of pain, so i am going to try them. They suggested buying the thigh high socks and cutting off foot, wear from mid calf to thigh. I mentioned it to my PT yesterday and he said it was good idea and that I can wear them during the day and during PT.

I found that if I wear the ace bandage it helps when I walk around a store for long periods of time. Definitely reduces the aching & swelling. :thumb:

It's been a long 4 weeks...
 
Oh man, @Annie11 ive been posting on my recovery thread about my own issues with constipation, and I can relate! Went off the Vicodin yesterday in a desperate last ditch attempt and that finally worked. Don't think er was too far away. Hope the lesser dosage prevents the problem for you!
 
Oh man, @Annie11 ive been posting on my recovery thread about my own issues with constipation, and I can relate! Went off the Vicodin yesterday in a desperate last ditch attempt and that finally worked. Don't think er was too far away. Hope the lesser dosage prevents the problem for you!

Yes, it's the worst! ;) When I called the surgeon's office they just recommended buying a Fleet enema from the pharmacy because that's all the hospital would do - I knew I was in serious trouble so decided to go to ER anyway - got all kinds of tests and exam, and finally the enema..:eeeuw: LOL

I bought an extra for home just in case that ever happens again... scary stuff
 
5 weeks post - still not completely healed but getting there!

op
[Bonesmart.org] Annie11 recovery



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My joint is still swollen on sides but at approx 100 degrees ROM

My quad has been very tight & sore yet but improving with the exercises.

Tried a little driving & basement steps yesterday to do laundry - success!! :)

(Just sore quad muscle)




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Beautiful!

Ok. Silly question -- did you shave your leg? I've not shaved mine out of fear of a nick. It looks like either a hippy leg or a woolly worm!


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 9/20/2016
 
LOL! Yes, I shave but very carefully around incision.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your incision looks great. As you know the shaving thing freaks me out near the incision. Nice job on driving and laundry. Getting back to normalcy is a good thing. Your ROM is very good considering the quad and swelling issues. Keep up the great job.
 
That would be scary and painful, @Annie11... In years past, before I figured out some food sensitivities, I had that issue so I had stool softeners and prunes to cook in water ready and when on the higher pain med doses I just took the pills and had my prunes every day. I think that regularity helped.... Had you tried such ideas and they didn't work?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom