Guest viewing is limited

Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

@benne68, thank you so much for your guidance and encouragement over the past four months. I can’t tell you how much you have helped and how important you have been to me as I recover. You are perfect as a moderator and guide for people going through trials like I have.

:loveshwr:
 
@Annie N, to check the hardware, make sure there are no early signs of trouble. There are no wait times where I live—you can schedule a joint replacement and be under the knife in a month—so I won’t be causing anyone else distress in getting scheduled. The real question is will I remember in 5 years? My “memory device” I used to try to remember is I will be 60. Significant birthday = time for an ortho check in.
 
I agree with @benne68 - you're a great peer support and inspiration for our members @MissFanny and I hope you continue to update us and participate!
 
Hello long lost friends! Just popping in to say tomorrow will be 6 months since my fall. I am doing well! I still need compression on my ankle to prevent swelling, but I have no pain or lingering numbness. I found an ankle compression sleeve that does the trick so I can wear sandals. I have resumed my normal activities! I am spending the day with my grandson at a very large zoo (Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha if anyone knows it). That will put me to the test!

I hope everyone is well and continuing to do well on their healing journeys. Happy soon-to-come summer solstice! :SUNsmile:
 
Glad to hear all is well, that swelling is so normal, it took many months to die away with my similar surgery, even though it does not hurt ice will continue to help. Fortunately this time my swelling is nowhere near so apparent. I'm still pretty stiff [well I did have a fusion] but the walking speed & strength is improving, its been nearly 7 months of a 9-12 month journey. I'm glad I had this attended to its a major problem put to bed.
 
Hellloo! I meant to check in at 1 year post-injury/op, but time flies! It’s been 13 months and I’m back to normal. No pain, and I have resumed all normal activities including lots of walking and hiking! I feel really well. The surgery scars are minimal, but I do still have a nasty scar on my shin from surfing down my stairs on it. But even it has healed a lot. I hope it’s very much faded by summer. I did not need my hardware removed; I am doing fine with it in. I am a little slower and more cautious these days because I don’t want to heal from another orthopedic injury if I can help it, but I did get a happy ending! :flwrysmile:

I hope all my ankle recovery buddies from a year ago are well! And if you are just at the beginning of this, know it does get better.
 
@MissFanny It is wonderful to hear you are doing well with your ankle. :flwrysmile: Thank you for giving us the update
 
Hi @MissFanny :wave: So great to hear from you! And it's wonderful to read that your ankle has healed well and you have a happy ending.

All the best!
 
Wonderful update! It starts out seeming to be a long recovery and lots of impatience/worrying involved... then all of a sudden it becomes a thing in the rearview mirror.. Congratulations for regaining your mobility, etc.
Extra good that you've gained some extra precautionary spidey senses .. that will do you well.
We all could learn more of that.
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom