I thought it was high time I updated my previous posts regarding my ankle replacement. I still have no feeling on the bottom of my foot and it looks like I will not recover any in the future as it has been over a year since surgery. At times my foot feels heavy and a fuzzy/tingly feeling although this may well just be a result of the nerve damage. I have been warned by the surgeon to beware of injuring the bottom of my fooot and not realising it due to the loss of feeling. If I walk around the house without slippers and tread on anything it can be painful but that is due to the loss of feeling on the bottom of my foot that would in normal circumstances prevent me from putting full wieight down. Very strange feeling. Occasionally I have random pains in varied parts of my foot. The extreme pain that I originally had that prompted my decision to have replacement has not returned so that has been a positive. My feeling is that my ankle may well deteriorate over time but considering the original injury and subsequent surgery prior to replacement I suppose I cannot complain. I am mobile, able to walk reasonable distances, drive, climb stairs and steps reasonably easily and continue with my motor sport hobby so all things considered cannot complain.