Revision THR An Incredible Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of you, TiredHippy, it is Monday (almost lunchtime) here in England but you must be a good few hours behind us. I am 8 weeks today - a friend told me I look younger now because I was looking very drawn with pain. They were worried about me as we have lost a few of our circle to the big C in the last year - no-one realises just how tiring being in pain is (until they experience it themselves!). If you see this before your op, good luck! If after, hooray!, pain-free future ahead.
Positive thought waves are winging to you!
Anne xxx
 
Thinking of you today TH and hoping all went exceedingly well.
 
Thanks again everyone for your warm thoughts. My surgery is late: 1 pm, so they said I could have a light breakfast if I got up early. So here I am enjoying my last cup of coffee.

Reminds me of my fellow NWesterners. Can we go w/o our coffee with all these gray days? Not much rain right now, but this freezing, dank fog. Still chills one's bones. I'm in Portlandia, although I can't say me, or most of my friends fit the show. I'm in the burbs, because I like peace and quiet and a lower crime rate.

I'm a bundle of nerves, but who isn't hours before surgery? I'm the last surgery of the day, so they can have ample time for a revision.

See everyone on the other side!
 
Sending you warm thoughts and prayers on your surgery today. Will see you on the other side>
 
Now I'm own the other side, and doing very well. The pain isn't terrible, and the Dr. only took out my stem, ball, and plastic insert. He said the acetabulum cup was fine. He believes he majority of my pain was from the stem

It's only 26 hours since surgery and I can already make it to the bathroom with a walker. These initial days have gone far better than the first Anterior hip surgery in 2010.

So things are really looking up and I'm excited with the anticipation of having a active Spring and Summer.

So, those of you with late stem or thigh pain, should contact someone other than your orthopedist or someone in their practice. Find someone who has a great rep with revisions. You will never have anyone associated with the first Dr's practice admit themselves or one of their cronies made a mistake, or even hints you need revision surgery.

So we'll wait and see how I'll do, so we can see if other forums members with long-standing pain have similar problems, or maybe different, but still are learning about what they should do to find their answers.

Thanks for all well wishes and positive energy sent my way - I think they worked.

T.H.
 
:spin: So glad to hear that things are going well for you! Hoping you have just the easiest, fastest, best recovery anyone ever had, because you deserve it. I know I don't have to remind you, stay ahead of the pain, ice, yada, yada, yada.
 
So, those of you with late stem or thigh pain, should contact someone other than your orthopedist or someone in their practice. Find someone who has a great rep with revisions. You will never have anyone associated with the first Dr's practice admit themselves or one of their cronies made a mistake, or even hints you need revision surgery.

Sterling words of wisdom!!!

I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well this soon after your surgery! You have a bright future ahead now.....take care of yourself and let us know how you're getting along.
 
[Bonesmart.org] An Incredible Journey
to the "other side" again! Just know that second time will be the charm. It's good to feel your positive vibes coming through. Take care and keep us posted. You know that we care. [Bonesmart.org] An Incredible Journey
 
So glad everything went well for you TiredHippy. :yay:
 
So pleased to hear all went well

Take care

Ann
 
TH, it's so good to hear you are feeling so well. I could almost hear the relief in your 'voice' in your post. Looking forward to watching the excellent progress you deserve. Just pace yourself! :yay:
 
How are you doing this morning? Maybe going home? You didn't say whether the doc had to fracture your femur to get the stem out---are you weight bearing? You know that inquiring minds want to know everything, right dede62?
 
So very pleased to hear that your revision went well and that you are the road to recovery and looking forward to the future... Good for you :)
 
Hi all,

I haven't been on so much, as I've been fatigued with PT and discharge planning today.

And yes, Sissy46, I came home this afternoon. I live alone, so my caregiver was a little anxious, but I was ready. It's impossible to get good rest in a hospital.

The revision is going very well. The burning pain in the pelvic area is gone, which is a huge relief. Of course, I'm limited to a walker for a few weeks, but it's worth it to get my life back. And I'm not going to push it too hard this time around - I want a successful recovery. It's amazing that I had so much more pain with an Anterior than I do with a Posterior this time, but this surgeon was good.

I'm going to keep it short as I'm still easily fatigued, but will encourage anyone with unresolved pain and other problems to keep looking until they find an answer!

Best!

T.H.
 
[Bonesmart.org] An Incredible Journey
Everything sounds great!
[Bonesmart.org] An Incredible Journey
get lots of rest and follow the mantra and all will be well! Take care of you and that new hip and keep us posted when you find the energy. We care. [Bonesmart.org] An Incredible Journey
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom