THR Am I dreaming? Not anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jaycey This is the thread that I need changed to" Am I dreaming? Not anymore!" It was changed in my pre op posts, but I can't find it if it was changed in my recovery posts. Hopefully others will find my posts here until it's changed. Thanks!
 
Hi @Midchild54 . I am impressed already home. I lost a day due to vomiting and have difficulty getting strength back. But I walked a little today. I have to walk a lot tomorrow yo the will release me to go home.:cheers:
 
I can't post much right now because of some pain and exhaustion. But wanted to let you know everything is good, and I'm still thinking of all of you. Hopefully, I'll be able to post more tomorrow. talk to you later, God Bless!
 
Rest reast and more rest. Its always same so relieved to be home but process of getting there and if not slept much in hospital it catches up. Sleep =healing

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you! Trying to work through the pain and gain some endurance. I do not want to go to rehab so it is much incentive to walk the 30 feet. @Midchild54 hope this finds you better. The biggest challenge is getting the pain pills to coordinate with PT. Woke up in a terrible sweat. Have not much swelling yet. I am icing all the time and using the air compression on my legs. And trying to do the exercises they have given to me. Hope you are feeling better.
 
My view is go where you feel best both in yourself but in support. Im a tad taken back by 30 feet thing. The times you may go that distance at first is probably when you go home. Its more how you use walking aid, ability to set up, sit down stability for a few minutes. Ability to use aids say to dress. Anyway good luck

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Yippee yahoo I did the thirty feet but I am totally wiped out. So it looks like I get to go home. I was against going to rehab facility. Worked through all the exercises as well. Thanks @Legin. All the support here means so much.:bored::alarm:
 
I can't post much right now because of some pain and exhaustion. But wanted to let you know everything is good, and I'm still thinking of all of you. Hopefully, I'll be able to post more tomorrow. talk to you later, God Bless!
Congrats @Midchild54 !
 
Nice one when home shout if you need an ear.
 
Great news @sunbunny - I bet you are loving being at home! True grit gets you a long way, but I am also learning that taking it nice and easy on yourself gives unexpected bonuses. No straight lines in this job, as I am finding out! Take care, and I am looking forward to hearing about your recovery. xxx
 
Posting in wrong threads yesterday, quick, think of excuse for confused mind meltdown... :doh:

@Midchild54 - I meant to wish you all the very best for your recovery when I posted here yesterday, especially for those first days - I didn't mind them at the time, but looking back now, I think 'what hard work that was'! Hope you are feeling well enough to post soon and that all your legs are feeling light and easy.
:spin:
 
@Midchild54 hope this post finds you mending well. Twin buddy I have been thinking of you. Last night was my first horrible no good yucky night. But the sun is shining this morning, the birds are at my feeder, and Easter is over so there are no Cadbury eggs. Lol ..take care and let us know how you are wearing your new bling. Shall we bedazzle?
 
Looking for @Mildchild54 where are you? I hope you have been able to rest and recover a bit. You know your April rainbow hipsters are thinking of you. Best wishes :flwrysmile:
 
Hi everyone, sorry it took so long to post again. I'm doing OK. I came home on Sunday afternoon. My daughter and her fiance stayed till Tuesday. I thought I was doing better than the first THR but now I'm not so sure. There is definitely some differences. This time I have a lot of swelling around incision, especially on my butte cheek. No amount of icing or elevation helps. My leg also hurts, not bad, but it was concerning enough that I called the Dr's office today for fear of a blood clot. She seem to think I was ok and told me what I can do to check. It made me feel a lot better. I thought my energy level was better until I went for my first blood test today. It was amazing how fast I was out of breath and had to pause. I felt pretty good the last few days, so it was disconcerting that I was in so much pain today. I have been taking my pain meds religiously. I was having a pity party till I read you thread @sunbunny. You sound like you've had a much rougher time of it than I have. I hope you are doing better now.

I've read a good deal from others about the problems of getting your leg into bed. The only way I could do it, both times, is to lift both knees and swing them together onto the bed. I had to figure something out as I had no one to help me. I appreciate all the well wishes and I promise to post more in the future.
 
@Midchild54 so glad you are figuring things out and are proactive. Left kneecap has been a darn for two days. Bursitis is the lucky culprit. I did ten of those heel slides and have been in misery since. Hoping for sleep tonight. See PT at home tomorrow. I have improvement but hip is dictating amount of PT. I walk about 30 feet six or seven times a day. Mainly for bathroom. Lol. Not as much yippetty in hippees today. Hugs, good thoughts and well wishes your way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom