Am I crazy.

@Mylexigirl
I was completely uterlly terrified. Which is why I waited so long.
Those shots didn't work for me, the first one did, second one not so much, third one not at all.
They say, You will know when your ready, and I agree with that.
I had watched a stupid video of the surgery a few years back! Wrong choice. It made everything worse.
Tried a forum on Facebook and as soon as I did, they scared the crud out of me also. I kept looking and found these people.
Still was terrified, but I was already using a walker, and only going where I had too, and gained a whole lot of weight.
Now I'm walking around parks, trails and anywhere else I can, riding my sttionarys bike, and dancing to my bodygroove DVD's.
This hurts! It takes a long time to recover, it's not a walk in the park. Don't know how true, but on a medical site they said, heart surgery is more dangerous, but TKR is harder to recover from.
I still hurt from surgery, or all the muscles, tendons and such around the site.
But I am so glad I had it done, only wish I hadn't been so darn terrified. I wish I had done it earlier in life.
No two knees are the same, no two people are the same, no two surgeries, people heal at different speeds.
But only you know when it's time for you to the step! Whatever you decide, I wish the best for you, and hope for a pain free or less painful life.
The pain you have now, will only get worse, the pain of having surgery is usually temporary.
At least this is all from my perspective.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom