Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<

I am sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Also, I started walking daily a two blocks, then three blocks. So, last night I noticed a cramping on the top part of my foot, into my ankle. Will this ever stop??? Very difficult to get rid of one pain and develop two more. Thanks again for your help.
 
My ankle is aching a bit also. My PT today told me that since my leg is straight now, the ankle feels the weight from a slightly different angle. So those tendons and ligaments will adjust in time.
 
@Madbkseller Hi!
What Josephine is referring to is the pain area chart. for example the veritical location might be R1F and the horizontal might be A . So you would say the pain in at R1F-A and where those to locations intersect on the grid of the image is where the pain is. Front and back will tell her if it is the front or back of the leg/knee/whatever.
Does this help?
 
Again thanks, Wherry. The area is at LB3 - D & E. Back. Does that sound right? This is getting so very very old. I went away for the weekend with my husband and two granddaughters and had to sit and watch them play at the playground and swim in the pool. I tried to swim but the muscle or whatever it is cramped up so bad I had to just get out. It is very depressing. It seems like my knee itself is fine. It's just this crazy pain when I exhale and the tendon or whatever it is that is so tight. Like I said it seems like it catches or something when I move my knee. I really can't hardly even walk at all. The area around my knee hurts as much now as it did 3 days after my surgery. I have an appointment with my OS but I can't live like this any longer. I also have no more pain medicine which makes it even more difficult. I am calling in the morning to see if I can get an earlier appointment. Like in the next two days. Otherwise I don't know what to do. My GP already said he didn't know what could be causing it. Who else could I go to? Venting here. help.
 
I also have no more pain medicine which makes it even more difficult.
Have you tried Tylenol (Acetaminophen) taken on a regular basis? You don't need a prescription for it.
The effective dose is 1,000 mg (1G) four times a day, to a total of no more than 4,000 mg (4G) in 24 hours. Check your other medicines, to make sure that there is no Tylenol in them. If there is, factor this into your calculations, too.
 
Hello again. Tylenol alone doesn't help at all. I just spoke with my OS's Nurse. She said that the doctor feels that it is normal and will just take more time to adjust to my surgery. She said he suggested continued icing, elevating and mild stretching. Do you know of any good stretching exercises?
 
So is this the site of your pain? In the back of the knee?

[Bonesmart.org] Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<


I think that's quite likely your hamstrings. I suffer from that and do these Hamstring stretches
They help greatly.
I also found this to be helpful Acupressure massage but I could neither reach it nor apply enoug pressure so I got my chiropractor to do it for me!
Tylenol alone doesn't help at all.
But how much do you take at a a time? You need to take 1,000mg 3-4 times a day for it to be fully effective.
 
So even though I am am still dealing with the other problems that I have been having, pain in my knee when I take a deep breath and some muscle to the inside of my knee that even though I stretch it out it still seems to "catch" and hurt. Now, I wake up every morning at 4 with so much pain in my left buttock that I can't get comfortable and have to just get out of bed and sit in a chair. I sit on a heating pad and take two tramadol and two tylenol and the pain seems to go away after about 45 minutes or so. I have no idea what could be causing it. Any ideas? Also, my knee is still extremely swollen. Not like right after surgery but still pretty bad. It makes my knee stiff and sore. I had a lot of flexion before, but now my knee only wants to bend a little because of the swelling and pain.
 
I'm sorry you're in such pain. i don't know what is causing it, so I'm going to tag @Josephine, to see if she can help.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<
your two recovery threads into one, @Madbkseller. We like to keep our members' recovery posts all in a single thread. That way it's easy for us to go back and read your history before responding to a question or concern. In addition, the thread becomes a journal of your recovery for those who come along later and want to read about you. So, please post in this thread from now on when you want to give an update or ask a question. If you have questions or concerns that need an immediate answer, please tag an admin, a mod, or other members or all three.

I did use the title for your second thread. If you should ever want to change it, just tag a moderator of an administrator and we'll take care of it for you.


If you are having a problem locating your thread, here is a link with how to do it: How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Pain in your buttocks is often caused by sciatica pain which is caused by disc problems in your back.
 
I went to my OS for the pain in my hip. It is a combination of bursitis and tendonitis. Great. It has been over a month that we discovered it, and he gave me a shot. But to no avail. I have started having the same pain in my right hip. I also know that you can only get those shots every three months. So, be that as it may. I have a NEW problem. It has been 11 months since my revision on my Left TKR. Other than the pain I was just discussing, I felt that I was doing rather well. Minimal pain in my knee. Then I started having extreme mid-back pain. About a week after that with no relief from anything I was doing, I was awakened at night with a stabbing pain in my revised knee. I jumped up out of my sleep, it was so painful. That was about 10 days ago. It is still swollen, which it had not been. I cannot bend it even close to as much as I was bending it. I don't see my OS until my one year check up the end of March. What could this be from? Should I call my OS and see if I need to get x-rays or come in early (which by the way is nearly impossible to get an appointment)? Since I have no true pain medications and tylenol and aleve do almost nothing to help, what can I do to help the pain? It almost feels like it came out of joint or something. Is that possible???? Thanks so much for your help.
 
Madbskeller,
Sorry you are still having problems with your buttocks pain. You need to find a physiatrist, they specialize in non surgical options for back pain, chronic pain, etc. They can determine what is causing your pain, your back, sciatic nerve, a tight piriformis, SI joint dysfunction, tight hip flexors, etc.
Until you know what is causing your pain, anything a Dr does in only a bandaid.
If you do not know where to start, call your GP/Primary and have them start the investigation into what is causing your pain.
 
For your knee you are going to need your OS, call them for an appointment, be sure to mention the swelling and loss of ROM. Ask to leave a message with his nurse, and to be put on a cancellation list.
If it was just pain in your knee, I would say it may be referred from your back.
Have you been icing, elevating your knee? Are you using ice or heat on your buttocks and back pain. Sometimes heat works better for buttocks pain, you will have to explore what works best for you.
Good luck,
 
@Madbkseller , I can't advise on your problems but I can relate to your "pain when taking a deep breath" issue, but to a much lesser degree. I had hand surgery in 2009 after badly breaking a metacarpal and dislocating The rest in a motorcycle accident, requiring wiring bones in place and putting in plaster for 6 weeks. I noticed that every time I sighed, my hand tingled and hurt, although not a great deal. After my TKR, in Novemeber, I had exactly the same sensation in my knee. It didn't last long though and disappeared after a few weeks, once the swelling and inflammation subsided. I wasn't alarmed by it as it wasn't severe and was familiar to me after my hand surgery. I put it down to blood vessels dilating whatever they do when they get an extra dose of oxygen!
 
I wonder if that was my problem too. I haven't had that happen for so long that I had almost forgotten about it. I guess I do have a few things to be thankful for.
 
I'm sure you have many things to be thankful for. When times are tough it's sometimes hard to see that but I find its important to try and count my blessings every single day
 
you have gotten some good suggestions from Kneeper---I hope you are feeling a little better.
 
Back
Top Bottom