THR All Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zauberflöte I felt very fortunate. My son and my brother and his family, all live on the other coast, and I miss them a lot. Very grateful when I can visit.
Also grateful for the hip. I still feel improvement. Hope you are doing well. I rarely get the notices from BS, so was so happy to see your post.
 
Hi @LeeApril26 - I must catch up with your progress - but in the meantime I am sending hugs from down under xx
 
@Poppet Thanks! I'm doing pretty well. Been doing some traveling. Totally off NSAIDs, trying, not very effectively, to lose some weight. Moving is much easier, walking lots more, and often forgetting about the hip for days.
 
@LeeApril26 and @sharonslp here we are talking about "the forgotten hip" again! I find that I never forget it-- because I am still so over the moon at what I can do with it, and the endless possibilities that are still open to me in terms of flexibility (did anybody see @BarbaraR 's yoga snapshot??????) and strength.

You know, somebody just cruising through these threads from our cohort would think we'd lost our minds-- "tinned plums", what is that supposed to signify?:rotfl:
 
@zauberflöte , how are you? Welcome back! Yes, I'm also really grateful that I had the surgery because I can walk again! (I was flexible before the arthritis set in, so sitting in lotus came back pretty quickly-- I'm still working on strengthening.). Hope you are well. XO
 
Happy belated birthday, @LeeApril26! Happy travels, too! Can relate to the weight-loss struggles, too.

Hi, @zauberflöte! Good to hear from you & know things are moving along. The Orthopedic Odyssey sure has its ups and downs. I could really relate to what you said here:
here we are talking about "the forgotten hip" again! I find that I never forget it-- because I am still so over the moon at what I can do with it,

I am nowhere near a stage where I don't think about the hip, the surgery, etc.
 
Yes, Happy belated birthday @LeeApril26 - hope you had a wonderful day..

I didn't get your tag, so missed your msg to me about getting off the NSAIDs - in a word - fantastic!

You would remember how much I detest what they did to my kidneys!

Lovely to hear from you :) xx
 
Yes, @Poppet. I had all sorts of interesting tests for my kidneys. They seem to be okay for now, but no more daily NSAIDS. Now taking Zyflamend.

Hope you're doing well?
 
I think of what poor @Poppet and @ LeeApril 26 & @Kim22 went through with NSAIDs every time I pop an Advil.
Thank you for the warning. I'm sorry we had to learn based on your bad experiences.

I don't need Advil often, but sometimes for the back. Hope the Zyflamend is working well.
 
Hi @Peaches so sorry you are having back pain - they are so debilitating. Hot water bottle works wonders for me as I try so hard not to take any pain meds as you know - but in your case, providing your GP is monitoring your kidney function you should be fine honey xxxx
 
Well, I did it. I fell on my new hip and left hand. I knew I'd do it eventually. I landed on the outer part of my left hand first and then the hip, six days short of my 18th month anniversary. I had a six block walk home after the all, shaking like a leaf the whole, but the hip seems fine. I think the hand and wrist took the brunt. I'm icing from hand to hip. Scary.
I was coming home from the meeting. On the way there I was walking quickly and comfortably. Oh well.
 
So sorry That you have had a fall Lenora, @LeeApril26 - that is scary... However, honey at 18 months, your THR is stable. It is the shock and the adrenaline that gets to us..

Rest, ice and take it easy my good friend. You have had a big scare xxx
 
@LeeApril26 ouch! I am so sorry you fell and then had to get home on adrenaline.
Just to give my perspective on falls-- I have has four truly spectacular falls between January and May! The first Nd fourth were from heights, and only the first did not land smack on my new hip. The hip did not complain once, but other parts of me did! I hope I am done with falling for a while!!
Hope you had a great summer-- my son got married in July snd I was thinking of you :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
@Poppet. Thanks for the reassurance. I do think my hip is fine. Not so sure about the outer part of my hand. Still icing both places. At least the trembling stopped. Did not realize it was an adrenaline rush.

I've lost track of your retirement countdown but think it must be soon.
 
@zauberflöte Four times! Poor you. I thought I had a propensity for falls. Glad your hip was okay through all that and hope the rest of you is okay now.

Did you enjoy the wedding or were you still in pain from the falls? My son and his wife are now expecting their first child in late February. Very happy for them.
 
@LeeApril26 , If this is your first fall post THR - you are a star! I had at least 2 falls within the first 6 weeks. You will probably be sore in non-hip places. The sudden impact is quite a stress. But icing and rest should ease things. :ice:
 
Glad that you are OK after your fall..scary! It's one thing I've been dreading but managed to avoid so...hope your other body parts healing now @LeeApril26.
@Jaycey...Will have to wrap you in cotton wool!!! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh my congratulations Grandma!!!!!! Are you feeling less rattled today?

Lol one of the falls produced what I now think was a broken bone in my foot-- thought I was recovering from an ankle sprain but it was painful more and for longer than hip surgery!! Finally, nearly six months later, my foot works right snd mostly pain free. And the first one, from a moving treadmill (I turned to talk to somebody behind me, Not SmRt!) I was so worried about hotting the back of my head on the floor that I pretty much gave myself minor whiplash. Sigh.
The wedding and our associated back yard cookout were wonderfully enjoyable-- I got to fulfill a longtime dream of illuminating a yard with fairy lights and candles :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom