Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR All done and dusted

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last my wound has healed and I have been discharged by the District Nurse. But a new problem has arisen - I have labrynthitis and my left ear is completely blocked so I am totally deaf in it. This is affecting my sense of space and balance and I feel very disorientated. The docor has told me it could take up to 6 weeks to go away, the thought of which is horrendous. I'm due to start strengthening exercises at physio next week so I'm just hoping she doesn't want me to stand on one leg or I'm likely to keel over instantly! Linda x
 
Sorry to hear this--must be miserable. Good news though on getting released by the nurse.
 
I went to physiotherapy this afternoon but wasn't able to do much because of the labyrinthitis. When I couldn't even walk in a straight line, Judith decide that balancing exercises might not be a good idea. Instead she measured my flexion, now 120 degrees, and my extension, now 0 and she was very pleased with me and doesn't want to see me for a month.

She said that my enforced time of resting (because of the sickness bug and then labyrinthitis) had meant the internal swelling had had a chance to go down which in turn had meant the flexion and extension had improved.

So the Bonesmart mantra wins again - excessive exercising is just counterproductive and should be avoided at all costs. Linda x
 
Good news - I saw my consultant yesterday and he discharged me. Yippee! His parting shot was that he'll see me when my hips need doing. Thankfully they're fine at the moment so, much as I love him, it will hopefully be a long time before I need to see him again! Linda x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom