All Clear and Ready To Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
and @Cynthia777 - Just one other thing. You talked about pain being there all the time as an accepted part of our lives. Yes, for me it is not a friend, but a constant companion. I have terrible brain fog - which I put down to my mind concentrating on movement and just dealing with managing how I go about my daily routines. I embrace surgery- which a week or two ago, before I found Bonesmart, you would never have heard me admit. Now I want to get on with it, but at intervals I think "WHOA, slow down!" Then I steady myself and realise I have my whole life ahead of me and I want to grab back what OA stole from me. We have this in our reach, unlike generations ago when our poor predecessors had to struggle on or even give up because it was simply too much. I actually feel incredibly lucky - hold my hand and take that fabulous jump into a whole new future:yahoo: xxx
 
Yes, 2016 is our year! Big changes and some hard times to come but worth it to get back to what we loved doing and maybe find new joys and passions in life!

We won't know what to do first!!!


Candice. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Diagn.1999 at 12 yo. From Victoria, Australia. Planning to book sequential unilateral THR July 2016 :)
 
@dandy_candi

What were my reasons for cancelling? If you're up to reading a novel, below I have added the link to my quest while searching for the "right" surgeon. If you should decide to read it, keep in mind that I ended up going full circle, ending up with the surgeon that I swore I would never use! :heehee:

I'm with you Candice, it's going to be very interesting to see how I feel about hurrying along the second surgery while going through this recovery. I've paid extra attention to other bone smarties who have been in the same boat we're in and have seen quite a variance in opinions. I'm praying hard for an easy recovery first time around, so I won't be dreading the next replacement.

If I'm reading your signature correctly, you will be booking your 2nd surgery in July? If so, do you have a date for your first replacement?

Please excuse this disjointed post, but I just woke up and haven't had my coffee yet! :groan:
 
@Miss Muffet

Oh how right you are! I've actually gotten a kick out of myself while watching television. I'll see people snowboarding, water skiing, doing flips and jumps on skateboards and have thought to myself, "Dang, I can't do any of those things because of my hips!)...umm, like this soon to be 62 year old would ever take up any of those sports that I've never done in my life! :rofsign:

Yes, 2016 is our year to regain our lives and move on painfree! :good-bad:
 
I will read through your other post.

I may have worded it wrong, I don't have dates for either surgery yet.
I am hoping to book the first surgery in July and the 2nd 6 weeks later so late August/ early sept.


Candice. Rheumatoid Arthritis. From Vic, Australia. Planning to book sequential unilateral THR July 2016 :)
 
@dandy_candi

Got it. Actually, having the surgery during the summer months might be the way to go, as you don't have to deal with the flu season. When hubby came down with the flu or a cold (not sure which) last week, I was beside myself praying I wouldn't catch it (thankfully I didn't). Poor @TerryCloth did catch her hubbies virus, but she was still able to go through with her surgery (thank goodness).

Summer will be here in no time and after being on Bonesmart for a few months, you'll know exactly what to expect. :-)
 
Just a little trick the head of surgery where I used to work passed to me pre-op my spinal surgery. She suggested probiotic yogurt drinks - one a day would ward off any bugs. Worked for me then and I still have one every morning. Also stay away from crowds in the last couple of weeks pre-op.
 
@Cynthia777, was just able to log back on to cheek up on everyone! I had to laugh at your mention above of postponing so you could use the pool! I tried that line on my Homefront too....almost.. You are SO ready to roll with this surgery.......and it will be fun to hear from you on the other side in a few days especially. I could not find your mentioned packing list....maybe it's not in a thread here. I did end up staying 3 nights.....but did not use any wardrobe changes I brought at all except for a comfy fleece night shirt, cozy no skid sock, and drawstring
Sweats and loose top to go home....not sure if you will have a private. Room or not but I used a new packet of ear plugs every night....and some lavender spray sent for my sleep eye mask. nUrses always wanted to leave the entry light on.....and well when they did come into check on me, I didn't hear them.......anyway...will be thinking about you these next few days.....You will feel great to be packed.n ....ready ......and then just great and RRREEEEELLLLAAAXXXXX for the next 48 hours!:bored:
 
@Cynthia777 cracking up! Postpone to use the pool. Hehe my friend. You will be ready to cannonball by May and send a tsunami to all! Sending you warm thoughts, caring hands, calmness, and assurance as you await! I bet y'all that you will want to post from the operating room! Hugs!
 
@geneva

Fortunately I will be in a private room (thank you Lord!), but I am still packing earplugs (hallways can be very noisy). I didn't think about the sleep eye mask, so I'm sending my daughter to the store to get me one (I am sooo sensitive to light, as far as insomnia goes)! I've decided to pack very light, mainly because my mind is so blank that I'd probably end up packing hubby's tie and cologne in my suitcase! :heehee:
Thanks Geneva!
 
@sunbunny!!!!

My ever present swim instructor! Wow, if I so much as mention the word "pool", I can be sure to see you here in a flash! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

As far as posting on "the other side", I've actually been wondering if I'm going to want to post right away, or am I going to want to wait a day or two....hmmm....we shall see. I do know how much concern I feel while waiting for my bonesmart family to post once out of surgery, so if nothing else, I will at least try and say, "hello". :-)

Thanks buddy, you're so awesome to stop in and check on everyone periodically! Hugs girl!
 
@Jaycey

What great info to pass along...thanks! Question, do they have long expiration dates? If so, I'll have my daughter pick some up now rather than waiting until I return home. I am staying in and I actually told my family to please stay away. I felt so bad because the brood all wanted to come over and see me before surgery. :boohoo:
 
Just catching up on your thread!
Those yogurt drinks usually I think have expiration of about 3 weeks or so. I've been drinking Kefir, which is a fermented type of yogurt drink, (doesn't have much lactose as I'm sensitive to it) it has the probiotics too and lasts 3 weeks even after opening because of the fermentation. They've got a bit more of a tang in the taste than the regular yogurt but I've found them to be really tasty. Protein is a bonus with both options!

Hope you're doing well and staying in the calm @Cynthia777 ! :flwrysmile: Can't wait to "see" you post op, no matter when you decide you can give us an update. Take the time you need to take care of you, we'll be here!
 
Thanks @MI Chickie! I'll give the Kefir a try! It might be especially good for my daughter as we feel she may be lactose intolerant (my father was...it's the Italian blood...:-))

I'll post as soon as humanly possible! Don't want my BS family to be worried!
 
Question, do they have long expiration dates?
Yes they usually do - about 2 weeks (in the UK at least). Good for coating your stomach before taking your morning meds dose as well! Not long now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom