THR Ahipgma recovery

@ahipgma :happydance::yay::happydance: Congrats on your new hip!!! You sound like you're doing great.
It's such a great feeling to get through the surgery and start off feeling great..

Congratulations!!
 
Oh gosh Carol thanks for the kind words but this leg is KILLING me. Since I've come home I can barely walk around with my walker. Sitting and lying isnt bad but walking is the worst he really must have sliced and diced me! Biggest dose of oxy I'm allowed tonight for sure :bawl:
 
Oh no!! ugh.. I'm sure you're icing too. I'm so sorry you're in pain! Set your alarm, too, don't let the meds run out and get behind the pain tonight.. ((hugs))
 
Hugs from the PNW, too. Very sorry to hear this, and feel that you are in most capable hands. Hope these hours pass swiftly, this pain flare subsides soon, and you can catch your rest between your short walks. Sending all the good thoughts.
 
Sorry to hear hip 2 is a grumpy one. :tantrum:
But you know the Rx - meds, ice, elevate, and time! Heck I was still in hospital being pumped full of meds at this point. You have a great personal nurse at home that I know will watch over you well, so I can sleep well knowing you are in good hands both here on earth and up above. :angel:

Love and hugs from across the pond. :loveshwr::loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
Since I've come home I can barely walk around with my walker. Sitting and lying isnt bad but walking is the worst
Healing hugs for these rough early days:console2:
Dont need to walk much...to the bathroom and only necessary treks.
All Temporary...so :ice::ice: and more :ice:
 
Last edited:
Hope you're home and reasonably comfortable by now, @ahipgma Take those drugs on schedule! I know that first week can be the pits (not sure anyone had a fabulous first week) but if you're taking oxy you're probably feeling a bit fuddle-headed and it will, I am hoping, pass quickly for you. And just think--NO MORE HIP SURGERIES! That must be a huge relief (it was for me) and I hope you eventually find recovery #2 easier than last time. Congrats! And happy Friday!
 
Hello all @Barbaraj ,@Mojo333 , @Calgal @Ptarmigan , @CricketHip ,
Wow what a difference a medicated, iced overnight can make! With full on meds allowable.
Feel much better today pain level now at " bearable" hugging those Bonesmart mantras close and doing as I'm told.
Thanks for the encouragement ,all. Napping and elevating and icing commencing after lunch and pain meds!
I remember this kind of pain getting better every day! With the first one you always wonder if you did something to flat out ruin your surgery because of the severe pain but this time, no worries, I know it will pass.
Thanks for the reminders:ok:
 
Oh, yes! So true! Very good update! You are on your way!! So glad to hear that your night was better :loveshwr:
 
@ahipgma so glad the icing, meds and sleep have eased the pain to a bearable level. Hope the rest of your day/evening remains peaceful and that you have a restful weekend!
 
:hi: Happy Friday @ahipgma
Good to read you're putting those tried and true remedies into practice.
Rest, Ice, Elevate and repeat. I hope you have a comfortable evening and weekend!
 
Just popped over from chatting on the other thread and want to say (just so you don't miss it) happy healing, happy Saturday and make sure you ......'ice, ice baby':ice:
 
Well, today will be day two in recovery, @ahipgma, and your sensible approach to keeping pain at bay continues, I hope, today as well. I hope you woke up this morning again with good spirits to approach your day. Regular medication and that ever so important icing will definitely see you through this first tough week and then maybe with week two you'll be feeling much better and stronger and will be springing--well, maybe stepping--back into action again. Have a good Saturday.
 
Thanks @Barbaraj! This morning is much better, am taking as much Oxy as I need within my set times this time and it's a tremendous difference. I'm already back to one at a time every four hours but I am allowed 2. So just at night I take the two and so far wonderful sleep. I also am taking daily Celebrex for a month and 3 grams of tylenol in divided doses daily, these last two as prescribed by my OS.
Every time I remember this is the last time I have to do this puts me in the best spirits and yes, the:ice:!!
 
You're doing great and I can only imagine what it must feel like to have those two major surgeries behind you. Definitely and accomplishment and a thought that puts a smile on your face.
I hope your day is all you want it to be. :SUNsmile:
@ahipgma
 
Hi @Layla
Yes I thank God for all the folks who encouraged me and prayed for me.
It is an incredible relief to be finished and to have 2 good outcomes, now just to have to work on mobility and healing.
I think I know a little more than last time about what I need to do. In 12 weeks I'll be all healed up for the holidays!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom