Guest viewing is limited

advice for failed labral tear debridement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that sounds a plan. Might try it later. The naproxen doesn't seem to be helping the last few days. I've had a letter from the hospital saying I tested positive on the FADIR test with quite significant impingement in internal rotation with hip flexed at 90 degrees. Not quite sure what this means but I will def ask them in a few days when I go. Thanks for the message :loveshwr:
 
So steriod in after an eventful turn of events that left me with a numb leg and staying in for the night. It's doing something as pain is down but if I'm on my feet for a while it let's me know still. Fingers crossed it's inflammation and it will all settle down. Follow up 5th January so will know what is going to happen next. He couldn't tell me the results of the mri last week so still in the dark as to what the damage is. Anyway onwards and upwards !!
 
Oh wow! That stinks. Hopefully it gets better and works well for a while for the pain. Hang in there! :console2:
 
Quick update... steriod is working to full capacity so pain zero no muscle spasms no twitching or nerve pain and it feels wonderful ! The relief I feel I cannot put into words as I was really struggling prior to this.

I recently had an MRI on my ankle (same side of my bad hip) due to nearly 2 years of inside ankle pain so waiting to hear about that also. My appointment has been brought forward by 2 days so now 3rd Jan so I'm ever closer to finding out a plan for this hip and what's going to happen next. Hope everyone is well and getting ready for Christmas !
 
So glad to read your injection is working well!! Let us know how your appt goes on the 3rd. I am almost ready for Christmas. A few more stocking stuffers and groceries. :gbh::reindeerlights:
 
Hi Misslucky good news you got your appointment a few days earlier.:santaclap: that day is soon. Well wishes for a pain free holiday.:chris-win::reindeerlights: have a blessed day.:prayer:
 
Thanks both so much hope you have a lovely Christmas and soon both of you get a late present with your new hips. I'll be watching for your post op threads. :yahoo:
 
I'm starting to get nervous now about what will be said....how about if they leave me like this? What will the next stage be? I really don't want to end up at the pain management clinic dosed up to the eyeballs on pills that don't work !! Could I get another steriod if this is the case? So many unanswered questions. I'm trying to keep my mind off it but it's so hard plus this ankle is dreadful and that might end up as surgery too. Which one would I have done first? Wish I had a crystal ball sometimes would stop all this worry and uncertainty. Sorry about the moan my mind is spinning round and round right now
 
Hi Miss lucky:hi: you poor thing I no to much the fear of what the Doctor will say. Just praying to hear what I need to hear. Its going to be OK you've got all the tests showing what's going on. There's just a few more days hang in there you got this. Maybe you could do a puzzle or color a picture. Binge what a good series. You can knit a sweater.( I can't knit can you?) You've been a huge support to me I truly hope I can help at all. You take care I'm sending you a big virtual hug.:friends: I hope you have a blessed night.:prayer::flwrysmile:
 
Thank you so much @froggymom the kids keep me busy and we have just had a kitten too. She's called Bella adorable she is but it's just there in my mind the ifs buts and maybes! This truly is the worst bit just like you and others have said. I'm rubbish without a plan that is my trouble I like to know and then I can process it. You haven't got long now then you can get on with recovery....Bet you can't wait !!
I can actually knit but I wouldn't like to know what a jumper would turn out like ha ha maybe it would fit the cat. On the plus would keep her warm in the winter. Thanks for your kind words x
 
Thanks for your reply Josephine Im hoping when I report back in 4 days I will have all these answers and I can get on with whatever the plan will be.
 
@Misslucky Hang in there! Not long until your appt and then you will know more. (Hopefully:fingersx:)
I totally understand what you are going through. Having things up in the air and not having a set plan to go forward drove me insane! I was much better when I knew what we were going to do and when. :)
 
Yeah I'm with you on that one feels like I'm being dangled on a piece of string and not knowing the direction it will go! I've booked a holiday today just so I've got some focus for next year and it's not all about hospitals and appointments which when I did my calander for 2017 it was. Thanks for the kind message. Happy new year to you
 
So went to my appointment this morning. MRI was fine said the only thing he could see was the previous surgery. I asked why I was still having pain without the steriod he couldn't give me the answers. I questioned the options of steriods and now he said "we can manage the pain with them " so back tracked on previous comments of not having them anymore. I think this is because they have no idea what the plan will be. Wish they would make their minds up! That was my main anxiety of not having a back up plan but now it's back on the table. I have no idea what this means for me. I've got a follow up in 3 months but for what nothing would of changed. He mentioned physio which I did a block of in the summer and got discharged as she said my muscles were pretty good. They had me doing one leg squats (operated side) and mentioned something about the angle of the hip but then back tracked on it so no idea what they were intially thinking. I'm back to square one yet again. If it's not the joint then what could all this be?? Why does the steriod work so well if it's not the hip? Any ideas welcome please
 
Misslucky I'm so sorry that was the outcome today.:sorry: it's always my fear till the say the outcome. I'm not sure what's going on but keep trying. This to will pass and you will find a solution. I wish I could give you a big hug and tell to you it will be OK. I'm sure the others will be along soon. Maybe someone will have some helpful advice. You're in my prayers take care and have a blessed day.:wave::flwrysmile::prayer::console2:
 
Thanks @froggymom I really don't know what to do or what to think! My hip has never liked the surgery it's never been 'right' but always was told give it time, maybe it's a blip. If that's the case how long do you give it? It's been 20 months now since my arthroscopy and 3 years since this all started ! Am I suppose to keep carrying on like this ? So upset right now and feeling let down
 
Thank you so much @Jaycey just don't know what to do ! I've done everything they wanted me to do hydrotherapy, physio never missed an appointment but I'm still in the same boat nothing is working but steriods but that's not always going to be there I don't think.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom