Guest viewing is limited

advice for failed labral tear debridement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Josephine explained that much better than I could have. :)

Keep us updated when you get your MRI results and how your next injection works. This is a great site and so many great people here to answer your questions. I feel way more prepared for my surgery after being on here and learning from others who have been down this road already.
 
Absolutely agree with you there! When the words hip replacement was mention a few weeks ago in my appointment I left the hospital numb and left with questions unanswered but here I feel more in control of things and know what to ask...I feel powerful :rotfl: I won't be pushed around now and feel a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for your support @Tweetybrd means alot
 
@Misslucky - that's just what you need now - some clear answers, and your results will help to lead you on the right path. Whatever your fears make sure you voice them here and everyone will step in and help you :friends:
 
@Misslucky Yes I wished I would have found this site before I started seeing all the doctors. LOL I would have been more prepared going into my appointments. I didn't discover it until after I had scheduled my surgery. It would not have changed what I decided to do but I think it would have made some of my appointments less frustrating. :scratch:
 
Thanks so much both ill let know how things progress. In the meantime I'll keep reading and learning and do the best I can while this pain is here. I'm trying to be off this hip as much as I can difficult with working full time and family life but I'm plodding on and coping. I've been down this road a few times and ill do it again just staying positive. Im banking my hopes on steriods just hope they work aswell as previous ones fingers crossed.
 
Well had my mri today so hopefully in a few weeks will know what's happening. My good hip has been protesting the last few days don't think it likes all the over compensating I'm doing :bignono:
 
One more step on the road to figuring out what is best for you. Hopefully you wont have to wait long. :)
 
Hiya still plodding on things are getting more painful. After work yesterday I had to do the food shop and it started to go on me. Terrible pain! Couldn't get everything I needed as I just felt I had to sit down. My steriod injection Is Wednesday so hopefully will get some relief. It's starting to get me down!! just wondering if anyone knows why I'm getting spasms in my calf .....Started this week. It's affecting just my bad hip side and it can be on the outside and inside of the calf. Random areas are firing and jumping. Do you think it's affecting a nerve somewhere?
 
What did the MRI show?

When they did the arthroscopy did it show any arthritis or impingement?

I hope the injection works for you.
 
Haven't had any results yet! when I had the scope it showed no arthritis or impingement but when I went in September I tested positive on the impingement test so he thought the cartlidge was tearing and fraying again. No idea why though. When I go Wednesday I'm going to ask what the mri has shown hopefully they will tell me. If not ill have to wait for a follow up appointment which I've not been given yet. How's things with you?
 
I'm sorry your in so much pain miss lucky I have that same shocking firing pain in my legs and its all over the place its unnerving. I take neurotin it helps a lot. If I was not able to come on here and get support and advice I don't no what I would do I pray the injection gives you relief. Hold in there we all will get there together. P.S I to have trouble making it in the grocery store to. :angel::fingersx:
 
Thank you @froggymom I'm finding it really frustrating at the moment. My head is saying go go go my hip is saying nope not today! This muscle spasm jerking is really strange never had it before. I have had that burning though in the past that's truly dreadful. I so need some answers now hopefully wed will bring some. Fingers crossed for you too.
 
@Misslucky Hi, Bilateral Jim here. It sounds like you are getting the support of this wonderful forum. Don't forget Ice is your friend. I got injections quarterly for two years. Good luck!
 
Thanks @Michegon fingers are def crossed that I get the same kind of relief for the 6 months again. Especially with Christmas coming up fast. This forum is amazing wish I'd found it years ago when all this first started but hey I'm here now !
 
I hope this can give you some relief. It's very debilitating and draining.
 
Thank you both. I've had a really bad day today horrible pain ! My hip is quitting on me badly soooo need this one now. Getting so inflamed with only little things. Not looking forward to the side effects but it's a little price to pay isn't it. Hope you ladies are ok ?
 
Aw I'm so sorry you are having a bad day with pain. I'm sitting here on ice on my low back and bum and on my knee. LOL. Maybe try some ice? I also have started using a TENS unit some and I think that is helping me sleep better at night. But I really don't like it so I use ice a lot. :) Hang in there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom