THR Add me to your December Supernovas please!

fuji

Country
United States United States
December 19th. Thanks

Welcome to BoneSmart, @fuji! Congratulations on your surgery date. Glad you found us now so we can help you prepare.

Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

If you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads from other BoneSmarties provided in this link:
Stories of amazing hip recoveries

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

So please let us know more about yourself and what led to your planned surgery. We're here to help!

This will be my my second THR, this time on my right. I'm already wondering when I'll be able to drive again! Last time it was easy as it was my left side. How long did it take for you to drive again? Assuming you're doing your second hip.

Hi @fuji. Generally, surgeons want you to wait they release you -- usually around six weeks post-op -- to drive when the right leg is the surgical site. It's important that the joint be healed enough that you can slam on the brakes for an emergency stop without doing damage.

Please notice that I've moved your latest post in to the original thread you started when you joined. We reserve the Teams thread for surgery dates only, and invited you to post your questions and comments here instead. If you would like us to change the title of this thread, just let us know!

If you need help navigating the site, check out this article: https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/where-to-post-and-moving-around-the-bonesmart-forum.56693/

Also, please let us know when you had your other hip done so we can add that date to your signature!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
CoachMimi
Recent bookmarks