Guest viewing is limited

TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

I use the transdermal magnesium because it is supposed to give you better absorption, but I hate the sticky feeling it leaves on my skin. FWIW


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sorry you are having to deal with all this. The magnesium product I like is called "Calm." It is a powder you add to water or juice - 2 flavors. As others have noted, the magnesium may help with the sharp pain, it is "calming" and a wonderful way to stay "regular" too!
I just looked this up on amazon and the reviews were really good. When I googled it I also found Walmart has it. Thanks!
 
Went to work yesterday, got called into office. Told me I’m a liability, we’re slow at work, handed me short term disability papers, and walked me to my car. This is forcing me to have left knee surgery. I have no source of income now. My left kneecap is subluxing more often and very unstable. It’s obvious to everyone at work. This isn’t a decision I take lightly but I know I need it done aside from the fact I have no job now. I need someone to tell me everything will be ok. When it rains, it pours.
 
Oh my, that’s awful. :console2:
 
Went to surgeon yesterday. Getting a Synvisc One injection in left knee followed by physical therapy. This morning once again, RTKR, jolt of pain throughout knee and thigh almost took me to the floor. I had an emotional breakdown. Called surgeon, having physical therapy tomorrow for what he diagnosed as sciatica. I called GP to get put on antidepressants and anxiety meds, seeing him tomorrow as well. I’m falling apart physically and mentally. I keep telling myself it’s gotta get better! Still can’t eat or sleep due to stress/anxiety. I can barely walk, seriously, with both legs a mess. I’m doing everything I can just to get through the next moment, minute, day. This is just ridiculous.
 
Needhope, I hate to hear how depressed you are. I pray your GP will get you some relief. The depression, unfortunately, after a tkr is normal. That doesn't help knowing while you're going through it, though. Just know that there are a lot of praying people on this site and we will be praying for you! Please let us know what your doctor says.
 
@sistersinhim You have no idea how much your prayers mean to me. This has been a very exhausting, painful, trying journey to which I hope to see the light at the end sooner than later. Thank you:beg:
 
Oh, you are so very welcome. I pray you have a good visit with your GP tomorrow. Again, let us know what he says.
 
I had physical therapy for Right knee replacement with the sciatica pain today. Also went to GP was put on antidepressants and anti anxiety. He felt my left knee subluxing. I’m trying to remain calm about all this. The nurse assistant had to help me walk down the gradual sloped walkway. Boy do I feel foolish. I’m going to do my best to get past all this. Gotta get my legs working again.
 
I am still uncomfortable walking down slopes at 10 months. I do much better now going up a slope.
 
Doing all I can do for now. My exercises for rtkr thigh pain issues. Plus waiting for Tues to get my Synvisc One injection in left unstable knee. Also took it upon myself to do limited muscle building exercise in left knee to strengthen quads. This is my job now. I’m committed to it. I want my legs and life back. I can’t wait for the day I can walk without fear of left knee to sublux and right tkr to stop paining me. One day at a time.
 
Dates corrections for past right knee surgeries 2005 not 2014 ....... 2007 not 2017
Just happened to notice the decade difference. My bad. Where did the time go?
 
I've changed the two dates as you requested. I'm assuming the 2017 entry is correct since you didn't mention it.
 
Sorry @Jamie ... These are the correct dates. You changed the wrong ones
2017 RTKR September 22, 2017
1990’s Left Tibial Tubercle Transfer
2005 Right Lateral release, arthritis clean up
2007 Right Ligament tightening, lateral release, retracking of patella
 
Oh, sorry....I'll get it fixed now.
 
Had physical therapy for RTKR sciatica pain. Therapist measured length of both legs. They’re off by 1/2cm. He put a wedge in my left shoe. Also, had Synvisc One injection in left knee and I start PT on Thursday to address patellar maltracking and muscle strength. Also have PT Thursday for RTKR sciatica pain. I’m hoping these new revelations and treatments will get me back on the right track to healing.
 
Oh my, you sure are having a rough time. You seem to have a positive attitude about everything and are treating your recovery as your job now. Hopefully PT will be able to work on both legs. Here’s a virtual hug :console2: I’ll be praying for you.
 
@jboles Thank you very much for your well wishes. That means more than you know!
 
This question is related to my RTKR. In physical therapy to help stretch my right side sciatica, I was asked to do the “reclining pigeon pose”. This involves bending my right leg and placing it over my bent left knee while laying on my back. I tried it but got excruciating pain throughout my right knee and down the outside. Just wondering if anyone with a TKR can do this and if so, does it hurt you as well?
 
Nope, I can't do it. You know what we say, "If it hurts doing or up to 48 hours later, you knee says to not do it."! That's a very unnatural pose and it sounds awful for you new knee.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom