Guest viewing is limited

abnormal lab results after ltkr

I would go to sleep at night with an ice pack on my knee (over some material) and replace the pack with a fresh, frozen one if I woke during the night. I also iced all the time I was resting and elevating my leg in the daytime. So, basically, I iced for hours. It worked wonders.

Me too.
 
@bonnied999. no problem and I totally agree my 3 week appt with dr was nothing but discouraging and put a cloud of stress over my healing. I felt pressured to reach his number on his time. I am now at 7&1/2 weeks and just reached 110 ROM yesterday. When I go back to my 3 month checkup in a month I wish to be at 120 ROM.
 
to follow up on my sweating issues, I called my GP and talked with the nurse. Dr believes it's from tramadol and at this time doesn't want to do blood tests. I didn't cover with as many covers last night and it seemed to be better.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Seems you all ready got the answer, but I will say that the narcotic pain killers often make me sweat. Tramadol is not exactly the same, but I'm not surprised it has the same effect.
It was awful visiting my son in the nicu. Post partum so had the hormone thing going on and then the pain pills from a difficult c-section. I actually found myself dripping sweat on to him. It was awful.
The den I am currently sleeping in tends to get very cold. I have many many layers of blankets. This makes it easier when the night sweats start. I just start peeling of the blankets.
 
@J.A. Hag

I have trouble regulating my temperature. Sometimes I'm so hot I sweat, and then just as quickly I'm freezing. I have no idea what it is. I just wanted to let you know that I totally empathize and sympathize with you!

I know I would rather be too cold than too hot!!

Jen
 
Me, too, Jen. Too hot makes you feel miserable. Too cold you can wrap up in more covers or sweaters. I think icing has a lot to do with our temperature regulating. I would freeze in the hot summer time and stay wrapped up in blankets. I'd have to go outside where it was in the 80s to get warm. You are normal Jen.
 
I had a lot of night sweats after both TKRs. I think pain killers did it for me. Paracetamol has always had that effect on me, and still does. I never had Tramadol, but codeine made me sweat, and Morphine made me itch.
 
Hi, I'm 8 weeks out, my scar is finally flat & very dark pink. I would like to know if there is a particular creme that is known to fade better than others. I've used Vitamin E oil for dryness the past 2 weeks since its winter, not sure if its for fading. Someone once told me about silicon sheets to put over scars, anyone tried these?
 
Try coconut oil. You can get a jar and apply it a couple times a day. Can also mix coconut oil with lemongrass oil, lavender oil, and frankincense oil. I had a huge scar on my arm when I shattered my elbow on 13 October. Had lots of surgery and a plate put in. The oils have made the scar almost invisible.[emoji106][emoji4]
 
i, I'm 8 weeks out, my scar is finally flat & very dark pink. I would like to know if there is a particular creme that is known to fade better than others.
Your scar will fade naturally, with time. None of those creams will make it fade any faster, although they may help it to feel good.
Your scar is still a dark pink because the healing process isn't complete yet. As time passes, the scar will slowly become a paler pink and after about a year it will have faded to a white/silvery colour. It will eventually become much less noticeable than it is now.
This article probably explains it better than I have done:
Massage post THR

My OS said keep sunblock on it.. its very tender skin.
Correct. Be sure to protect your scar from possible sun burn.
 
My OS recommended a silicone tape. I just started it yesterday. I'll let you know if it makes any difference. He said to use it 30 days.

[Bonesmart.org] abnormal lab results after ltkr
 
when should I expect to do my elliptical? I'm guessing after 12 week checkup, but not sure. I don't want to ask pt because he would probably star pt me doing it now at 8'weeks and I don't feel ready yet.
 
I'd wait 12 weeks or even longer. When you do start, do it only gently and for a short time.
If you suffer no consequences that day or in the next few days, you can gradually increase the amount of time on the elliptical. The key is to increase the amount of exercise gradually.
 
Thank you Celle. I appreciate each of you administrators because you are prompt at answering questions and always very helpful. I will try at 12weeks. And as u suggested very gently maybe only 5 minutes first try.
 
I have been stuck at the same rom for almost 2 weeks and feel discouraged. does this happen sometimes? I have been going to pt. I went once last week and once the week before, so I went Monday and Wednesday this week and will go back Friday hoping to increase my bend. I am now 9 weeks post op and 110 is what I've stalled at.
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom