Guest viewing is limited

TKR Abdominal muscle pain

Congrats on the steri-strips coming off--every little milestone is worth celebrating! I didn't put anything on my scar once the strips fell off.
 
Thank you. My skin just looks so dry and pitiful.
 
Four weeks out.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Abdominal muscle pain
    F2B588B8-E20E-4740-9282-47B500A548AD.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 76
@Whoodee, I moved your photo out of panammaniac's thread. You don't want to railroad his and it's better to have your photo in your own thread so you'll have a record of it.

Your knee is looking good for only a month out!

​

 
How often should I be walking around at five weeks post TKR? I hear about not overdoing it but I want to do enough. I do my pt at home every day and try to get to the gym to ride the recumbent bike. I usually ice in the evening.
 
Hi Whoodee,
It looks like you're doing well. Take a look at the Activity progression for TKR from the Recovery Guidelines -
Activity Progression for TKR

I found following the Activity Progression week by week in the early weeks, kept me active enough without overdoing it.

Best Wishes as you continue healing. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
@Whoodee
 
Thank you for your response. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving as well.
 
I do my pt at home every day and try to get to the gym to ride the recumbent bike.
At 5 weeks this is plenty. If you also want to walk, skip the exercises, or the bike, that day.

Regaining our ROM does not require forceful bending or painful exercises.
Regaining our ROM is more about Time than repetitions of a list of exercises.

Time to recover.
Time for pain and swelling to settle.
Time to heal.

Our range of motion is right there all along just waiting for that to happen so it can show itself.

In the general run of things, it doesn't need to be fought for, worked hard for or worried about. It will happen. Normal activity is the key to success.
 
I’m almost six weeks post op and my knee is starting to feel pretty sensitive. Is this a normal thing? The incision looks great. No redness or anything.
 
my knee is starting to feel pretty sensitive. Is this a normal thing?
Yep, completely normal. My doctor suggested dragging a cloth across the knee to desensitize it. Start with a soft cloth and then increase the roughness of the cloth. It took a few weeks to get rid of most of the sensitivity.
 
Today is two months to date since your Left TKR.
Happy Two Month Anniversary! Only a couple months to go until your next surgery. I wish you comfort through the holidays and hope you enjoy time with those you hold dear.
@Whoodee
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
 
Thank you Layla. I am doing terrific with my new knee and am looking forward to getting my right one done and pray for the same great outcome. I hope you have a very blessed Christmas!
 
I am doing super with my left TKR at a little over two months. I can’t wait to get my right knee done as it is very problematic now with trying to give out on me several times. Because of this I use the cane all the time because I don’t want to fall. It is aggravating because my new knee feels so good. I don’t want to wish my life away, but February 27 can’t come soon enough for me. Hope everyone has a very blessed and Happy New Year!
 
As your new knee gets stronger and takes on more of the responsibilities of your life, hopefully, that right knee will quit hurting so badly. I found that to be the case for me. Now, it's not that bad, just needs babying every once in a while. Just knowing that right knee will get replaced should be a comfort. You'll have two brand-new knees!
 
Just found out that I have a very, very small and slow growing tumor in breast. Radiologist recommends biopsy. Of course I will speak to my orthopedic about this since I don’t want anything to delay my TKR on right knee in February, and I was wondering if anyone here has encountered something similar. My concern is anything potentially causing an infection. This is such a conundrum for me.
 
Oh my, and hate to read this. You've been doing so well in your recovery and this is something that you and your doctor need to talk about. We're here for you, not matter what you decide to do.
 
Aww, Whoodee, I am so sorry. :console2:
Thankfully it didn't go undetected and it is very small and slow growing. I hope you're able to work your Right TKR around this, since that's your hearts desire. Prayers all works out for your surgery and in dealing with this new diagnosis. :prayer:We're here for you always.
@Whoodee
 
Back
Top Bottom