Guest viewing is limited

PKR "A textbook perfect recovery..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jeano,
Your recovery has been most diffenetlly a breath of fresh air . Other than the ice sherpas shanigans , you have done very good. Initially your recovery was contrary to all the others. So I myself was expecting the worse. Fortunately it hadnt panned out. Im 3 weeks today. I wanna thank you for being helpful to others, your advice is always on point. Best of luck . Iceman
 
Hey @icep707 and @Creeker13 Good to see ya both! Also @tomk --glad you are doing well. Yesterday I started to wear a compression stocking along with a trusty old neoprene kneebrace/sleeve, then decided, nah, I'll just wear the knee brace--oh lord, I ended up somehow with swellings of descending sizes above, at, and below the knee and also swelling around my ankle from my sock--ditched the brace, pulled on the stocking and you guessed it, by bedtime I had a big swollen knee although a fairly shapely lower leg and a trim ankle.:headbang:

Whatever is going on in the leg seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with the prosthesis but certainly the knee joint itself becomes collateral damage because of the fluid moving around.

So today we are back to the belt AND suspender strategy and icing and elevating--problem being after WEEKS of disuse the Polar Care Cube has been mothballed by the Ice Sherpa--He insisted that it be completely drained and took the air compressor and blew all the water out of the tubing and wrap and knowing him the little pump thingy as well. Our well water will grow all manner of loathsome stuff if left alone in the dark--we somehow manage to not worry about its effects on our insides (for all I know beneficial and probiotic) and the gunky growth no doubt would be a Bad Thing for the Polar cube so I am reduced to using a homemade alcohol and water freeze bag.

Plus I work this evening and tomorrow evening and will not have real good options to ice and elevate at work. I am ready for whatever is going on to get over itself. It was moderately painful for a couple of days, at least that is better. I have been throwing NSAIDs and tylenol at it--actually took about a third of a Lortab the other night when it was REALLY swollen from knee to ankle. Paid for the minute amount of opiate with a brick-birthing event that I do not want to repeat anytime soon.

Isnt it refreshing to hear me whine and snivel?
 
Right then here we go...
I'm going for a ball of chalk down the frog and toad to meet me skin and blister in the rubber dub for a quick Vera Lynn, then I've got to jump in a sherbet dab to meet my trouble and strife for a ruby Murray??? See how long that takes you to sort out, all the best. Foxy.x:happydance:
 
Hi Jean ... Stop throwing the meds at it and actually swallow some. :loll:I have just surfaced again after moving house and having some time off work to do it. I am sorry you are having some pain and problems with your legs. :sad: I wouldn't be happy anyone is feeling some pain.

I now think the well water has definitely helped up to now. All those little growths and enzymes and bacteria. You are both probably totally anti-bacterialised on the inside. (Another word I made up).

I laughed so much at your "brick birthing" line that my Manager is looking at me curiously. I am doing this at work because I don't have internet after the move and won't have it until the end of March. Lucky me (NOT), my new house is in a National Broadband Network rollout area (that's the government's supposed solution to our internet speed times) and I HAVE to have the NBN and I HAVE to wait until the government department handling it is ready to come out and install the boxes and I then HAVE to wait for the telecommunications company to come out after that is all done to install their bits and pieces. And NO I can't have another method of internet because it is in a NBN area and I HAVE to connect to the NBN. :gaah:

Anyway, just thought I would drop by. I should go and update my thread since the move. I truly hope you have some relief soon from the pain.

Take Care ... Hugs ... Ellen
 
Here we go again... no, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, but I did give up BoneSmart for Lent (when it became apparent that I wasn't doing too well at giving up cussing).

What's new is the other knee has made its wishes known and so I am looking at getting another PKR in just three weeks. So, off to the pre-op forum. Sometime after May 12 look for Son of Textbook Recovery. I hope.
 
Let's hope so. Good to see you back, jeano.
 
Jeano , welcome back . I knew after Easter you would . Im still off of work till May 10th. That will be my 12 week mark. Bummer about the other knee. At least you have time to whip ice sherpa into shape. Maybe buy a new freezer. All is well here in california. Im riding my motorcycle, going to ballgames and tomorrow im flying to southern California for 5 days. Right on the beach. I need to clear my head and get my head focused on getting back to work.

Its great to have you back, it will be a hoot to hear about your upcoming surgery. Remember no 2 surgeries are ever the same , but I have a feeling you will do great . Best wishes kiddo !! Iceman
 
Hi Jeano, I can relate to what you are about to do. Even though my new knee is doing very well, when I spend a day hiking, or have a long day at work, it is apparent that the old "untouched" knee is the achy one now. Best wishes on your second adventure. Start paying the Ice Sherpa in advance.
 
Welcome back. I am planning on a LTLR in the fall. It is amazing how good my tkr is compared to the other. I saw on the news ice Sherpas are on strike. Be extra nice and he will bring you ice! Take care.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi Jean ... there are certainly quite a few of us going back for seconds in the next few months. My second TKR will be 21st August. I wish you all the best for another textbook recovery - maybe you could ride a horse home from the hospital???? Keep posting, especially if you have any nerves or anxieties, although you will be fairly confident after the last one.

Take Care Jean .... Big hugs ... Ellen
 
@jeano - I just wanted you to know that I went through and read your whole recovery thread and got such a kick out of it! You have a way with words, my friend...and I'm a librarian, so I would know.

Best of luck with your ankle and your future TKR!
 
@LaruaLeigh, she does have a way with words, doesn't she? (I'm a librarian, too!) :snork:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom