DEL2019Sep-7
member
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2013
- Messages
- 113
You are always so encouraging and congratulating. Much appreciated! I actually was very surprised last night. No muscle spasms, restless leg, and other nasty night visitors. Hope tonight brings another night of ahhh, beautiful sleep. Piriformis stretches were my go to stretches pre surgery, but until I can laterally rotate and internally cross the mid-line of my body, they are no-nos. Gluteal stretches aren't bad, but not really addressing my core problems. Glutes need activation, not stretching. I'm actually, much to my personal disappointment, not doing lots of walking. Just the stairs, which I leap in a single bound! LOL And the uphill trek up my driveway to go to garbage cans and mailbox. I do a bit in my small ohana, but not the same. However, it's on my today's list, weather permitting, to take a walk down our tree-lined street and breathe, breathe, breathe that wonderful lifegiving outside air.
Visit with girlfriend was good for both of us. It's always incredibly wonderful to share stories with good and trusted friends (she has her stuff too, though not hip related, which frustrates the heck out of her...don't we all...which she needed to get off her chest). Later in the evening my daughter joined me for an hour, sipping tea together. She's pretty anxious about her upcoming labrum repair surgery and needed to vent her concerns with me. I'm grateful that we have the kind of relationship that she can still just hang with mom.
OK off to bound up those stairs to let the dogs out. Wheeeeeee! Have an incredibly beautiful day and keep on keepin' on!



Visit with girlfriend was good for both of us. It's always incredibly wonderful to share stories with good and trusted friends (she has her stuff too, though not hip related, which frustrates the heck out of her...don't we all...which she needed to get off her chest). Later in the evening my daughter joined me for an hour, sipping tea together. She's pretty anxious about her upcoming labrum repair surgery and needed to vent her concerns with me. I'm grateful that we have the kind of relationship that she can still just hang with mom.
OK off to bound up those stairs to let the dogs out. Wheeeeeee! Have an incredibly beautiful day and keep on keepin' on!




Last edited by a moderator:
which lets me know I'm getting better. I didn't walk as planned, but I did the stairs about 6 times. That in itself is quite a feat because there are lots of them! I even gave my daughter a leg and foot massage, something I've always done regularly but haven't been able to since my surgery...until now. 


United States
Barbara, you crack me up. We think so much alike! Although, I don't think anybody has ever called me "demure."
But yes, it will be good to see them, watch them play, and to celebrate Jack's 94th BDay. Wow...what a long life. And he's such a love-bug.
It will be my first social event since surgery. I'm a recluse down in my ohana so I'm really looking forward to being around a "crowd" of loved ones.
Be well.
Finally, a beautiful sunny day in the Seattle area. The NW drizzles can sometimes give me the drizzles, particularly if I'm locked up due to surgery. Help...let me out!
I shouldn't complain. My daughter texted me to see if I wanted to get out this morning and she would drive me to wherever. I would have said yes, but I didn't sleep great last night...probably because of the chocolate brownie I had before going to bed. Chocolate and sugar keeps me awake. My bad! But it was worth it because my grandson and his girlfriend came over to partake in delicious tacos (and a brownie) and give us details and share lots of incredible photos of their recent trip to Norway. And Devin is of Norwegian heritage. His girlfriend is E. Indian. What a pair they are. He is a very tall, fair handsome blonde and she is a beautiful tiny dark skinned, dark haired gal. And they make me laugh!
as I maneuver the freeways of Seattle to attend Jack's 94th birthday party on Monday. Fingers crossed...