DrToonz, totally normal thoughts. Yes, you probably could put up with it longer but if you say put it off another six months, that's six months of getting worse instead of recovery. The problem with this surgery is that it's often, maybe usually elective. And part of you says leave well enough alone...don't do something you can never reverse. That's scary - I'm still a little scared at 4.5 weeks out, walking well and surgery "pain" is less than before surgery. But still scary. Doctor gave me 3 options - one was keep putting up with the pain, take more pain meds and/or cortisone shots, or surgery. Pain and ROM were getting worse and keeping me from things I wanted to do - even Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are not good in large doses over long times. Surgery was the only chance to actually improve - so I took that chance. Still a little amazed I went through with it.
I know this doesn't make your decision easier, I only want to say again that your feelings are normal. It's your decision, only you know when it's time. I made the decision and almost every good day I had I said "I can still cancel" - then the day arrived and I hadn't cancelled. The last week I really looked forward to having it done.
Jan 28 is a big day for me too - my appt when X-rays are taken and hopefully all restrictions removed! I'll be thinking of you that day.
Pat