TKR 9 months post op

Hi. Can someone change the title of my thread to jessiesnana’s aug 4,2020 TKR Thank you in advance
 
Yes it’ll be 9 months on May 6 and I still have pain on outside of knee with numbness down leg about 4 inches. My leg feels heavy and tightness around knee. Still difficult to climb stairs or use step ladder. I had a lot of trouble with inflammation and have gone back to taking 400 mg of Advil before bed and in the morning along with wearing compression stocking. I have a wonderful physiotherapist who got me past a milestone at 4 months but not much progress lately. I do ride my electric assist bicycle 30 minutes a day. This has not been a wonderful journey for me.
 
Hi @Jessiesnana
My leg feels heavy and tightness around knee. Still difficult to climb stairs or use step ladder.
That's pretty much how many people still feel at 9 months. That stiffness does take a long time to resolve.
Progress does slow down as recovery continues, but it's normal for complete recovery to take at least a year.

I'm glad you have a good PT therapist now, but the first one you had was not right for your knee.

Try to remember that where your knee is now is still not where it's going to end up. There's still plenty of time for improvement.

I still have pain on outside of knee with numbness down leg about 4 inches.
The pain should decrease slowly. As for the numbness, that does take a long time to go away. It took about 3 years for the numbness to fade on one of my knees.
This article explains about it:
Numb area after TKR: how long will it last?

By the way, you'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as it's best if members in recovery only have one thread.
This is because:
  • That way, you have all your information in one place. This makes it easier for others to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you start new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. We won't miss your new question as, between us, the staff read all new posts each day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts?

A helpful hint - Many members have found it useful to bookmark their thread so they don't lose it.

Best wishes,
Celle
 
My knee continued to improve through the first 2 years of recovery and I still believe I am seeing small improvements to this day @Jessiesnana. Lots of healing still in your future! :happydance:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom