TKR 9 and 4 Months post-op

Walking is easy. What remains a puzzle and has increased a little in the last few months is going up and down stairs. It always hurts. It's usually not terrible, though it's enough to discourage me
I am 6 months post my PKR and still find stairs tricky.
I have to do a lot as we have an old house with no toilet on the ground floor and a lot of levels.
My knee is gradually getting stronger but I can still trigger it if I do too much.
I am trying to work on quad strengthening and also losing a few pounds that I put on over Xmas- to see if that helps.
Where exactly is your pain?
I
@EalingGran the knee pain is in the tendons all across the front of my knee. It’s not the same every day, and sometimes gone, though usually present.
 
With stairs I find it helps to really concentrate on keeping my knee directly over the ankle as I push upwards. Trying to clench my thigh/ backside muscles as I go.
If my knee twists inwards or forwards too much- that seems to trigger pain.
It is also a balance between practising stairs and doing too much.
At stations now I often can't be bothered to queue for the lifts behind people with luggage- so I am doing a lot more stairs.
My knee is getting stronger but I can still get a bit of soreness/ medial twinges by evening.
 
Back
Top Bottom