TKR 8 months after TKR

@rmc@1021 your knee is telling you that the exercises you are doing are too much or of the wrong type. Make sure that you are elevating when you are icing. I would suggest that you stop the exercises for a couple of days and give your knee time for the swelling to go down.

Which knee did you have replaced? We will add that to your signature.
 
Total right knee replacement
 
That is completely normal. You might have that for some time to come.
 
Do you understand now how to find your thread and how to post on it?
One of the moderators says I'm doing it correctly so I guess so

@rmc@1021 - Once again you have started a new thread that we've had to merge with your recovery thread.
Please don't keep starting new threads.

You told me, above, that you understand how to find your recovery thread and how to post on it but,
obviously, you don't.
Do you come back to your thread to read the posts and the advice that people give you?

We like members in recovery to have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread.
If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
Tagging other members and answering tags

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? Please bookmark your thread, so you can find it when you log on.

By the way, the writing in blue is a link to a helpful article. Click on the blue writing and it will take you to the article.
 
@rmc@1021
It appears that you're having trouble understanding how to use BoneSmart.

We have a whole section, here, that contains lots of articles explaining how to do various things .
How To Use This Forum
Do have a look there.
 
Yes I do read all the comments responded on my threads and advice.
 
So I was off PT for 3 days and my leg started feeling really good, I went today and had the guy I really try to avoid when scheduling and is in charge of my evaluation . I came home and could not walk and knee became severly tight and swollen . I am supposed to have my last evaluation tomm but it's going to be the same guy again and I just dont want to deal with him, I have a woman I really like who has been working with me and I have 1make up appt with her on monday, I'm thinking about calling and seeing if she can do the evaluation but I'm not sure if they will switch it this late in the game.
 
I finally figured out how to keep it on the same thread , srry for any inconvenience , sometimes it takes me awhile to catch on
 
By all means do make an appointment with the PT that you like. It's your knee - you are in charge. Please don't see anyone who forces any movement. As you have already found, this approach is totally counterproductive.
 
I'm just curious how does one know if the tightness around the knee is the scar tissue that they talk about and how will you know if you have to get a MUA, is there a time frame for this kind of thing?
 
Its 2am and I have had tightness around my knee all day , I can barely walk and am really getting concerned , it feels like many rubber bands around my knee, I was doing good last week , I dont know if this is scar tissue or not, thinking maybe to make a early appt with my OS, anyone have this severe tightness that keeps u up ? Any suggestions
 
@rmc@1021 I think for your own piece of mind contact your OS, as you have convinced yourself that the tight band feeling is scar tissue, and no matter what any of us advise or suggest, speaking to your surgeon might just put your mind at rest.
I had a tight band feeling until almost 8 months post surgery, suddenly it disappeared and now at 11 months I have no swelling and a great new knee, but I chose the soft approach with no hard PT, I rested, iced and elevated alot, I took my meds on schedule and slowly increased my walking to include a few light stretches, my patience paid off in the end.:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks for sharing, what makes you think I'm not following any suggestions on here, this site has helped me tremendously, it's just a scary feeling when your knee is so tight and stiff that you cant even walk or bend your knee and the tightness is starting to go up into your thigh, I dont know what kind of tightness u experienced but this is pretty severe to say the least.
 
@rmc@1021- I think you misread my post, I just suggested for your "own peace of mind" to get an official opinion from your surgeon regarding your tight band feeling and your concerns about maybe having to have MUA. :)
 
So I was off PT for 3 days and my leg started feeling really good, I went today and had the guy I really try to avoid when scheduling and is in charge of my evaluation . I came home and could not walk and knee became severly tight and swollen .
@rmc@1021
What you said above sounds very much like cause and effect to me.
Your leg started feeling good after 3 days without PT. Then you went back to PT, where you had the therapist who worked your knee hard and your knee became tight and swollen again.

The "scar tissue" they keep warning you about is actually quite rare and it doesn't form easily. It's not just sitting there, waiting to pounce if you don't exercise hard enough.
 
It is easy to obsess about the knee (I know, I did it too.) Tightness & stiffness is a normal part of recovery. It's easy to think that at 6 weeks, 8 weeks or whatever that you should be more recovered or able to do more without swelling or stiffness, but it really still is early days.
Hang in there and take it easy on yourself.
 
7 months post Op, still deal with tightness and aches, but not significant enough to reach for a pain med..Time is your best friend in this recovery process, not PT
 
So I was off PT for 3 days and my leg started feeling really good, I went today and had the guy I really try to avoid when scheduling and is in charge of my evaluation . I came home and could not walk and knee became severly tight and swollen .
There you are, you've identified cause and effect. Don't let them hurt you in PT.
 
Have not been on here for awhile , it's been 3 mo since my tkr , I'm sleeping fantastic and can even sleep on my stomach, the issue I'm still dealing with is the stiffness , it's been raining all day and my knee has been so stiff and tight, it seems like this weather affects it more, I was hoping by now it would not be getting so tight and stiff but it is, I have been able to ride my bike in the neighborhood for 10 min a day so I am happy about that , it does hurt a little to peddle but it feels good to exercise it. My biggest fear is the stiffness , I worry it will be permanent , but I guess it's to early in the game to be concerned about that, I am just grateful I sleep great now, for anyone new on here I am a testimony that the pain does subside, I was in agonizing pain for for about 4 -6 wks. But it did get better, this is where I came to vent alot of nights and everyone here was very supportive, I am so grateful I found this site because the support was something I really needed.
 
rmc@1021
Glad to hear you are doing well at just 3 months, and found the forum supportive.
it's been raining all day and my knee has been so stiff and tight, it seems like this weather affects it more,
My knee was the same way, once in a while it still gets stiff with rainy/snowy weather.

You are only 1/3 rd of the way through this year long+ recovery and it is normal to have periods of some stiffness, swelling, and pain, usually associated with doing too much too soon.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom