Guest viewing is limited

TKR 8 months after TKR

@rmc@1021 I really enjoyed reading your whole thread today. Aren't the moderators wonderful? It was so great to get to your most recent post.
I'm at 4 weeks and it's hard to stay patient and not question myself or start thinking the worst.
Thanks for sharing your story with us! :flwrysmile:
 
Glad to hear things are improving @rmc@1021 .

Like @Oregon mom and @Mrs. Ciz I also had a Bilateral TKR. The first weeks are tough aren't they? The tightness stays for a while. I am almost 5 months post surgery. My pain levels are good. My left knee is recovering a bit slower than my right. They both still have tightness across the top of the knee. It doesn't hurt , it is just tight. I am not concerned. I am not even half way to the 12 months they (including my surgeon) say it takes to recover. Your cycling sounds good. I enjoy walking - my knees always feel the best then!
 
I have not been on here awhile, it's been 8 months since my surgery, I was just trying to get some insight with my recovery, My knee is getting severly stiff after being on it longer than 1 hour, and the longer I am on it the stiffer it gets, I'm trying to find out if this is normal, I would think by 8 months this would not be a issue, but the stiffness was so bad today I could barely walk. Any insight would be great.
 
It could just be that your knee is not healed enough to handle being on it that long, at this point in your recovery. Recovery from a knee replacement takes an average of a full year, which means sometimes less than a year and sometimes longer than a year. At 8 months, you still have more healing to do.

My whole first year was slower than some others, but I did have a lot of improvement in my second year, and even more in my third. I hope that you will see the same.
 
@rmc@1021
Sounds like standing that long is too much for your knee right now. With further healing over the next few months+, your knee should start feeling better.
Suggest you spend more time Resting, Icing, and Elevating, depending on your schedule.

You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.

Many members bookmark their thread in their computer browser, so they can find it when they log on.
How can I find my threads and posts?
 
Last edited:
I have not been on here awhile, it's been 8 months since my surgery, I was just trying to get some insight with my recovery, My knee is getting severly stiff after being on it longer than 1 hour, and the longer I am on it the stiffer it gets, I'm trying to find out if this is normal, I would think by 8 months this would not be a issue, but the stiffness was so bad today I could barely walk. Any insight would be great.
hi rmc. Are you standing more than 1 hour, or walking around? I had tkr march 2020, and standing for longer periods, is really a knee-killer for me. Especially on a hard floor, shopping center, etc. Much better when I hike and keep the knee moving. I think you should try to rest once every hour, just sit down 5 or 10 minutes, and try to bend the knee, sitting down, and massage it.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom