Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint 8 month regression^

Very encouraging for you and for the rest of us who have said no pain to our PTs.
What a shame there has been so much distress over ROM.
 
Stick to your conviction! Pushing (literally and figuratively!) is only one approach. The Bonesmart way is another approach. We have the right to choose! :santaclap:
 
Totally agree @Jockette I was tellling another patient this in waiting room. They were clearly anxious about going into see PT. I told them about this site and said it’s ok to say no!
 
Some people don’t want to hear it, though, they have bought into the theory that it has to hurt in order to regain ROM, even though they don’t like it. I ran into a woman who thought that at one of my check ups. Their loss!
 
IF, and that's a big IF, I have my other knee done I am not going to go to PT!! I will have the in-home PT, but will not go to out patient. All they care about is the ROM. I was close to tears doing leg lifts with weights,etc. and I told them how painful it was but they didn't care. All about the numbers! My OS never asked if I was going to PT. I went for 7 sessions and then quit! They wanted to sign me up for 6 more weeks!! My OS is happy with my bend and doesn't care what the number is!
 
I know she doesn't agree with my way but clearly knee does.
And your knee is the only one you have to please! Great job protecting your knee like you did! Seeing is believing!
 
I won’t go to PT if/when there’s a next time, either, not even in home PT!
 
Hi Tanya. I've just been reading through your thread and I am glad that you are now getting a good result with your ROM. I had bilateral knees done four months ago and all I did was elevate and ice for 7 solid weeks. Then I returned to work, even though my knees were still swelling up, slowly, slowly they would bend more without trying and now, without even realising it, I can easily sit on a stool with my legs bent and feet sitting on the foot rest beneath me. I have never been to a physio. It just takes time and plenty of rest. It may seem like it takes forever, but soon you will be back to normal again.
 
Hello, I am almost 8 weeks in and have been elevating, resting and icing. My knee feels less stiff and seems to be moving easier, howeve, I have intense thigh pain. It started on Xmas eve. When it occurs, it's so painful that I cry out and cannot put weight on it. It can even happen when I am sitting and elevating and try to change position of leg. It's worrying me as it's so intense and I haven't done anything extra. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this
 
All I know from my own experience is this... Discomfort and Pain pops up in different areas at different times for no unknown reason. My Dr said it’s normal. Different muscles wake up and sure thing, the pain is there. Then they disappear and pop up somewhere else.
 
Different pains pop up here and there all over the place for the first few months. They will slow down as time goes on.
 
Have you tried using heat on your thigh? Although you need to keep heat well away from your knee, it is OK to use it on your thigh.
 
@Tanya76 I’m in the same place with crazy pains popping up that weren’t there before. It’s discouraging and causes worry because you become afraid that you did something wrong. I definitely understand the worries that you have! You are definitely not alone in what you are experiencing!
 
Evening,

Sorry for lack of update but have been busy with Christmas celebrations. I have always posted about concerns so thought only fair to update positives too. I think I have turned a corner. Knee feels more comfortable and doing things is become easier. I have reached a ROM of late 80's so have advised OS that I will not be having manipulation.

It's still very swollen but just 'feels' easier. I know there is still a way to go but I'm enjoying the progress. I walked without sticks today feel mood has improved. I'm going to be careful and not overdo it as I know that this can be the temptation when things start to improve.

:loveshwr:
 
So happy to read your update! You go, girl!
:happydance:
 
How wonderful you're seeing progress! :yay: You're wise to keep things slow and steady.
 
Thank you :egypdance:

Slow and steady is definitely way forward. It's been such a learning curve as I am such an active person who's has to set goals but this is not the way to progress.

Thank you to all my fellow BoneSmarters for all the support and encouragement and for being there when I was feeling so low and negative.
 
Hi Tanya. I've just been reading through your thread and I am glad that you are now getting a good result with your ROM. I had bilateral knees done four months ago and all I did was elevate and ice for 7 solid weeks. Then I returned to work, even though my knees were still swelling up, slowly, slowly they would bend more without trying and now, without even realising it, I can easily sit on a stool with my legs bent and feet sitting on the foot rest beneath me. I have never been to a physio. It just takes time and plenty of rest. It may seem like it takes forever, but soon you will be back to normal again.
Hi Dianna, we have a lot in common I am at 6 weeks and have only had two or three physical therapy appointments ice and Elevate only with very little exercise. My problem is my ROM is only at 50 to 55 degrees. I too was planning on going back to work at 7 weeks but it's going to be tough because of the lack of motion and my knee is hampering walking. I will do some more reading to find the answer if I can but when was your surgery?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
 
Some of us just seen to take longer to recover.

I just wanted to ask another question. I can sit well in a chair but am still unable to do full roatation on bike.

The one thing I'm still finding difficult is lifting heel to bottom. I have tried whilst laying flat on a bed but it will only move a little. I'm sure why this is, given that I can bend to 90 degrees. Prior to operation I could comfortably get my heel to bottom and hold it there.

Has anyone else experienced this? Just wondered if this is normal and if there was anything I should be doing to improve this

Thank you
 
Back
Top Bottom