Guest viewing is limited

Hinged Joint 8 month regression^

:console2: And lots more hugs, too. Try to hang in there, it’s very early yet. It will get better.
 
And all the crying is normal and a result of the surgery. Read again about the post op blues. :console2:
 
Oh Tayna76.. I'm really understanding what you are feeling ... I'm so with you. Praying hard that it will get better.... sending you a hug... :console2:
 
Thank you for your kind words. :) :-) (: I know it will get easier. I just am so uncomfortable and can’t see the light at moment.
 
Hang in there. Just imagine this time next year! Make the most of a Christmas as a guest rather than an organiser just this one time. Best wishes.
 
I'm at 6weeks post op. My knee is stiff, I think I have scar tissue that needs to pop. I went to PT one week after surgery and I don't believe she was very good. The pain from the forced bending which I made her stop as I was counter pushing back as a reflex. I have 4 weeks to try and pop the scar tissue myself otherwise will end up getting a manipulation under anesthesia. Doc's office tells me I will feel so much better after manipulation. Was told to take hot bath to try and bend my leg myself, I'm currently at 90 and my leg won't lay totally flat. I'm so stressed out about my progress and where I should be and where I'm not at. My leg is strong but I won't last long walking, my knee hurts after a while, it's so tight on knee cap. I cry every day as it's been a long haul , had knee pain/issues 4 months prior to surgery.

Also, a heating pad actually feels better than ice, I feel I can bend my knee better with it.
 
@Quirky - yes my doc gave me these intense push back exercises and told me that I would hear scar tissue tearing. I did not hear such a thing.. all's I felt was awful pain in my quad muscles which obviously have not been stretched in quite some time due to not being able to bend back further. You are early in recovery as they will tell you here and there is no way either of us have this 'scar tissue' they talk about. I'm sure some others will be along to give you further advice on this. But you can feel good... My surgery was Oct 17th and I'm only at 60. sigh. 90 at 6 weeks is great. I wish i was 90!!!
 
Oh Tanya, I wish I could give you a hug. One month is so very early in recovery. Remember the saying “A watched pot never boils”? Well, a watched knee —its every movement catalogued and critiqued— can feel like it’s not getting better at all, even when it’s healing beautifully. Among the many non-knee effects of this surgery are emotional swings and a devastating energy drain. Between the energy drain and your poor battered emotions, you are being pummeled. The very best thing you can do now is to be kind to yourself.

The holiday season is a beautiful time to let others help you and to relax. Try to put your knee in the background, if you can. This can be difficult, I know. We all tend to become rather obsessed with our knee(s). But not thinking only about the knee, but spending time talking with family, and enjoying shows or books, or plotting a new project, can do wonders for your recovery.
 
I read these posts and think "Ditti,ditto,ditto". @Tanya76 , Your posts describe me. Now I am 8 weeks and wanting to tell you what they told me. "Time, no pushing, rest, ice" . I wake up every morning and go to the site with my coffee as soon as I can. It has saved my sanity. The people are wonderful. I'm going to tell my doctor and see how open minded he is. I was a therapist for 40 years. Doctors know nothing about our mental anguish and fears. At Bonesmart we tell the truth. Doctors don't have the time and PTs don't understand. See if you can find my post when I finally spoke up. These people know what they're talking about. They have lived it.
 
Thank you all. Today really tough. Haven’t wanted to do anything and turned friends away. I’ve rested all day and yet I’m in more pain. Apologies for all the doom and gloom in my posts. I can’t pick myself up. In my job, I’m seen as the positive one who supports everyone and looks for the positive, however small and yet I can’t even listen to own advice. Every day, I wake and think that today will be the day I’m positive but I just can’t.
 
I didn't really get frustrated until about week 4-5. I thought I was prepared for a long recovery, and I basically was. But after a while it is hard to keep the long view. You just want to be done already!

You do know that the post op blues also hit some people harder than others too. :console2:
 
Still stuck at 40/45 at almost 5 weeks in. Have laid of Physio and only doing bare minimum and very very light duties. I have a Physio session on Thursday followed by consultant. I actually left house today for a coffee with a few friends. It was nice to see a different view but made the knee swell lots even though I was sitting lots.

I’m so grateful to this forum. It has demonstrated he different everyone’s journey is. I’m also grateful to all those who have reached out to offer their support. It means a lot. I have felt like I have had some dark days since having the op and you have all helped to get me through. Thank you.
 
Sorry to always be despondent but I really can't take anymore. I've woken up today and it's so swollen and painful. Mainly just above the knee. I now have no bend at all. I have followed all the advice given. Why did I do this. I'm bringing everyone down around me.
 
Don't worry about bringing everyone down. I feel your frustration and I would be concerned as well. I hope your OS is kind and will help you figure out what is going on. My prayers for you and all of us! I know we eventually all get to recovered states but this slow and steady progress can be nerve racking! Big hug...
 
I too hope your OS can help figure out why your knee remains so swollen. If you aren’t keeping your knee elevated all the time (as much as possible), but are sitting with it down a lot, try the extra elevation. If you can sleep with your leg elevated, even better. Along with icing often for at least 40 minutes to 1 hour.

Early in recovery we can try to do too much, not even knowing it’s too much. Sitting for an hour, leg down, with friends. Too much. Or doing the grocery shopping. Too much. It feels unnatural not to be up and moving about, and yet that’s what we’re called on to do.

Praying you get some advice and answers soon!
 
Thank you @SusieShoes I am elevating and icing constantly. Hopefully the OS will be able to help. Sorry for being so miserable. Can’t wait until I come back with positive news. Just not sure when that will be.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom