Guest viewing is limited

THR 6 weeks and feeling GOOD

Thank you. I am going to do this. After reading all the advice and encouragement I may have some bad days in between though.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:goodpost: @BeBe You covered a lot!


I'm happy to hear your day was brighter @Yokesgirl Just know you're not alone.
Stop by often and we'll do our best to support and encourage you. We get it!
Hugs and best wishes for a great week!
 
Thank you. I am going to do this. After reading all the advice and encouragement I may have some bad days in between though.

You will absolutely have "not so good days" but they will be small compared to the better days! Sending love and hugs to you! Rest Well Tonight Relax and Be Kind to Youself my Sweet ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You’re in the right place! Poor @Mojo333 copped my whining early on as well as what I was whinging about in here. I was in pain and very scared. There was no other choice. My hips were worn out and needed replacing. You will come through this and you’ll feel so much better.
 
Goodmorning to this amazing group. Yeah this morning after 8 days I moved my bowels. Hopefully this will be a good day. Mornings are bad due to stiffness so I will keep you all posted. Thank you all for your encourage,ent and prayers you all have a great day.
 
Glad you finally got some relief! Here's to being regular! I'm reminded of this story...
I went into a public toilet for a poop the other day. I'd just sat down when I heard a voice from the next stall say, "Hi, how are you?"
I was a little embarrassed but I replied, "I'm fine thanks."
Then the voice asked, "So what are you up to?"
I replied, "Just doing the same as you, sitting here."
Then the voice asked, "Can I come over?"
Annoyed, I said, "Actually, I'm a little busy right now."
The voice then said, "Listen, I'll have to call you back, there's an idiot next door who keeps answering all my questions." :)
 
I am normally not a complainer but I had TLHR on 6/11/18 and feel I might not have made the right choice. I basically had no alternative I was bone on bone,tried every alternative then decided on surgery. Funny thing was 5 days prior to surgery I felt good maybe that was my sign not to get surgery.The pain the first 2 nights was as bad as childbearing it could not be controlled. As I arrived home the reality hit me, I would be stuck in this house looking out my window on this 88 degree day at my pool my emotions took over. I have basically cried constantly since I been home. Yes the pain is more manageable but nights are rough,my therapist keeps reminding me this is temporary. I feel so alone and isloated. I stay in my room upstairs mostly all day. Does anyone else feel this way? Also no appetite, unable to move bowels despite stool softners,and plenty of liquids. Before this happened I took care of my mom ,babysat my 3 year old granson,I feel I am letting everybody done. Mybhusband is of much use,he is old school and says crying wont help.

I know exactly what you are feeling... I look outside on these beautiful days and wish I could be swimming and playing with my kids and it’s tough... I hate taking the pain meds because of the constipation and really want to eat and then have it in front of me and have to force myself to take bites... teaching out on here has helped me feel less isolated because these guys know how it feels too... the husband thing... I know you know the crying isn’t going to accomplish anything but you know what it does do... helps us release the pent up roller coaster of emotions that are inside and if they aren’t released, they are poisoning us from the inside so I say... cry it out then look in the mirror and say... I’m going to kick butt today! BTW I’m one day behind you... had my THR on June 12... one week down!
 
It was 9 days before my bowel movement. The wife made me a prune juice laxative cocktail and didn't tell she added to the prune juice until afterwards. Wasn't to happy about that. Could have killed me. Is it ok for your wife to kill you if her intentions were good? There's the question of the day. Lol.
 
Hi how are you progressing? Do you have alot of pain at night while trying to sleep?
 
Hi Yokesgirl:
I too question whether I should've had the surgery at times. I am 8 weeks out and I have been over doing it since week 2. I'm not healing and becoming pain free as fast as I'd like. When I sit, I have horrible pain for the first few steps and then it eases up. I still limp. I'm still on the cane. I get tired very easily. I am elevating at night when I get home from work and I ice 4 times a day, morning, mid-morning, early afternoon and dinnertime. I don't know that I have swelling as there are no signs of it exterior wise anyhow. I'm still on prescribed pain pills at night and Tylenol Arthritis during the day. The Tylenol doesn't appear to do much but I can't take anything else as I had gastric bypass 3 years ago and I can't take nsaids. I'm frustrated and not sure what to do. We can be frustrated together!
 
So glad to hear things are a little better!

You know we are all on here because we made the decision due to precious pain to have our hip REPLACED! It’s not easy! I’m 2 months out and have my good and bad days.

My suggestion would be to try to get some vitamin d, either pill form or preferably outside (if it’s not too hot wherever you are).

This is a marathon, not a race. Try to remember that having no pain is in your future.

Keep us updated, we’d love to hear how you are! :flwrysmile:
 
@Yokesgirl
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Hi @Yokesgirl
Wondering how you're feeling today?
I hope you had a nice day.
Wishing you a peaceful evening!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom