@Schnautzer I am 6 months post-op today and still have pain when bending the knee too far backwards. My calf is still swollen a bit, and the muscles in the calf, even down to my ankle, are puffy. It's taking F.O.R.E.V.E..R. to get strength back in my calf/ankle/hamstring. My flexion varies from 100-110 depending on the day--activity, exercise, amount of standing, etc.
I saw my surgeon 2 days ago for my 6-month checkup, and he just verified what I already knew---I still have lots of swelling/inflammation. The arthritic disease is gone, but my soft tissues are in no way happy yet. He said time is the key and to assume I'll need the full 12 months for complete recovery---and maybe a bit longer because of my complicated history.
I noticed a slight improvement last night when trying to do a hamstring curl. When I tried a month ago (5 months post-op) there was still a hard stopping point and very sharp pain. Now it's a little bit better. My surgeon just told me to work on my patience.

I'm adding back in lots of other activity/exercise, bit by bit and one at a time....I do think that has helped me small gains with this "back of the knee" pain, as the rest of my leg is much stronger than even a month ago. I know we may have a ways to go still though. ((BIG SIGH))
--Lisa