Bilateral THR 5 weeks pain kinda the same as before surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TDennison. I was thinking about you today while at my appointment. I finally buckled and went in again- my surgery date was 12-21, so we are pretty close in recovery. My groin pain and general discontent was wearing me out, and I'm not trying to get across campus like you are! I had mentioned iliopsoas before, and my PA confirmed I'm onto something pretty common. From the top of the pelvis down through the crease of your groin is where this tendinitis can inflame, and in the replacement surgery it is essentially stretched to accommodate the new mechanics. Inflammation galore! I've also had shooting nerve pain down my back to my toes (sciatic? Great!) and nerve pain type I Diabetic weehaw!!! Along with the remaining FAI in the right hip that waits to be corrected next year possibly.
What I came away with was a steroid pac and ultrasound therapy at physical therapy, all of which I am utterly ready to try as this PA actually listened and didn't dismiss as though I was another drug seeker (I am NOT interested in opioids!)
Please be in touch with your surgeon's practice and see if you can schedule a mid-level appt. they seem to have more flexible schedules, and are typically more receptive to real world situations...
Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

thanks

my pain is lateral and post side not groin it is different. thank you for you insight.

I have an appointment in a couple weeks. I am going to hope i self correct before then.

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

TD.
Personally I think your a miracle man going back to work after such a short time.
I'm not sure how the College System works across the Atlantic but when you get a break I respectfully suggest that you take total rest and light ( LIGHT ) exercise. I'm willing to wager that many of your Hip issues will settle if you get an opportunity to give them a break. Also don't listen to any of the Campus Gossip about the Guy in the Arts block who could do somersaults after 6 weeks.
Bi-lateral hip replacement surgery is 2 major surgeries done at the same time. No Joke TD and not to be taken lightly as I learned. BUT over time you will get there at your Body's pace not yours. We are Fellow BI-Lats so I feel for you and understand where you are.
If your looking at the Hip Recovery chart I suggest you add 50% on to the times for Bi-Lateral. That's just my experience. The chart is for 1 Hip.
Look after that Metal TD. Ask me any question anytime.
Joe........

"somersaults"? WAS THAT YOU?[emoji44]

I know, if I could have rested for 6-8 as instructed I would be doing a lot better I believe, but i don't feel like any miracle[emoji28]

thanks

"somersaults"? WAS THAT YOU?[emoji44]

I know, if I could have rested for 6-8 as instructed I would be doing a lot better I believe, but i don't feel like any miracle[emoji28]

thanks

Dont let me forget. I am almost finished a new record in Irish influenced folk rock and after mastering I want to sent you a link to get your opinions.

dont let me forget, ill put in my calendar too

t

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

I'd be delighted and honoured.
Slán.
Joe......

Leave it with me for a while TD.
I'll ask some buddies.
Joe..

@TDennison you will notice I removed your personal email address from your posts. It's never a good idea to post personal details on a public forum. You and Joe can start any off topic discussions via PM here if you like.

There are no specific stretches related to the approach used. I did extensive hamstring stretches post both THRs. Start any stretching routine very slowly and carefully - easing into gentle stretches and then building from there.

Yeah, just thinking of you guys....

I have my first post op doc visit the 29th(12 weeks). The pain was pretty good for the last couple days but today its starting to creep in again. mainly left hip, the whole socket, but no groin pain....and down to the left knew...

What I was thinking to ask you guys was "Do you ever feel it is difficult to explain the pain, even really pinpoint it....explain it even to your selves?"

do you know what I mean or does this sound crazy?

Do you ever feel it is difficult to explain the pain, even really pinpoint it....explain it even to your selves?
I totally agree with you. Pain is different for everyone and pain that radiates is even harder to explain. Then there is the pain scale - 0-10. What I feel is a 5 might be a 10 for someone else.

HATE the pain scale

coming up on 11 weeks I think....no cane two days. there is pain but not like before and not terrible. Well in the evening it gets pretty bad, but I think I am over the hump.

I will try to remember to update after 12 week checkup at Mayo

Thanks

TD.
I had knee arthroscopy last week with the same OS who did my hips.
This would appear to have stabilised things but its probably too early to say though I'm cautiously optimistic. I think it may have done the job though.
On another good note I rode my motorcycle today for the first time in approx 2 years. Did that make me happy or what.
Keep well TD.
Joe.......

TD.
I had knee arthroscopy last week with the same OS who did my hips.
This would appear to have stabilised things but its probably too early to say though I'm cautiously optimistic. I think it may have done the job though.
On another good note I rode my motorcycle today for the first time in approx 2 years. Did that make me happy or what.
Keep well TD.
Joe.......

or... dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4h96qmstf86wena/AABQhcFp_8AsvEkU9JXJ36Ifa?dl=0

or iTunes search the provisional cronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online