Guest viewing is limited

TKR 3 years post op

Thanks Jaycey I will order new walking shoes.
I have been having a lotof difficulty sitting in my car. I cannot be in the car more than 20 minutes before I have horrid pain. My right knee is at 90 and I estimate my surgical knee at 70. I do not seem to have the same level of pain when I sit at my desk at home. Anyone have this problem. My commute to work is 45 minutes and right now I will never make to work let alone work! My due date back at work is 12/1/2020
 
I had a lot of trouble sitting in the car, also. I think maybe the vibration of the car riding on the road bothered my knee a bit, and the angle of the bend was different in the car, and my knee was, and still is, very sensitive to different angles. (I call my knee the Drama Queen :heehee: ). It always felt worse when I was driving and I used to put my hand on my knee to steady it when I was driving, if I didn’t need both hands on the wheel.
 
Have you tried sitting on a cushion while driving? It could be that your knee bend is just slightly too much in the car. After my first THR I used a wedge cushion as the bucket seats in my car bothered me. Worked great.
 
i can try that! Thanks!
 
Hello all!

About 4 days ago I was feeling unwell. I have a history of diverticulitis and was pretty sure I was having another case and by next day I was is full time agony mode. I was staying mostly in bed sleeping on and off taking my antibiotic .Yesterday morning I noticed my knee was feeling a lot better no need for any pain relievers other than Tylenol. I thought it was a fluke but today is the same way! I’m not sure if I should thank the bed rest or the antibiotics but either way I’m pleased I have had two days without the horrid knee pain!BTW my tummy is much better too.
 
I'm sorry your diverticulitis flared up and I'm glad you're feeling better now.

I expect your knee was glad of the two days of rest. Unless you've had any signs of knee infection, the antibiotics probably didn't have anything to do with the improvement.
 
Hi Everyone,

My stomach still a bit tweaked but better. I’m moving around more and guess what? My knee hurts again, who would have thunk that right? Lol!

I cancelled my PT for tues as I was just not feeling up to it.

I did notice my Rom maybe A bit less now and was wondering .... can you back slide your ROM from being bedridden for just a few days?
Also, my new walking shoes will be arriving tomorrow and was wondering about adding inserts, yes? No?
Thanking in advance.
 
Your ROM is going to fluctuate, so don’t worry about it. Too much emphasis is put on ROM happening quickly. There is no time limit and it will return. My ROM continued to improve way into my second year post op.
 
I did notice my Rom maybe A bit less now and was wondering .... can you back slide your ROM from being bedridden for just a few days?
As Jockette said, your ROM is going to fluctuate from day to day. There's no need to worry about that, because ROM can keep on increasing for a full year after surgery - and sometimes even longer.

The actual numbers aren't really important. It's function that's important - what you can do with your knee.
Also, my new walking shoes will be arriving tomorrow and was wondering about adding inserts, yes? No?
Thanking in advance.
It all depends what soft of inserts.

If they're just for arch support, that's probably OK, but if they're orthotics, then no, not yet.
Your gait is going to have altered since before your surgery and it may well be that you need slightly different orthotics.
 
By the way, @Nancan , I was wondering if you'd like to change your thread title, since the rash near your incision is long gone now.

If you would like a different thread title, just post here what you'd like it to be and we'll change it for you.
 
I was just thinking inserts from the drug store ( new of course!)
 
I've changed your thread title to Nancan Recovery. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi all,

I have a 11 / 12 week check up next
Week and was wondering when will my next one will be? 6 months , year? I may be released for work this next appt but if I am not at this point is it every two weeks. Just wondering and thought I would throw out the question.
 
Has anyone used turmeric capsules for inflammation?
 
Each doctor seems to have their own schedules for follow ups post surgery. Some of our members are discharged at 6 weeks, and others have many check ups throughout the first year. I was one who had many check ups.

I have not used turmeric capsules, but I do drink a tea each morning that I put turmeric powder in. It took months but I do believe it’s helps with my arthritis. I’ve been able to cut my ibuprofen intake in half.
 
Jockette,

Thanks for your input very much appreciated .
 
Help! I’m freaking out! When laying flat on the bed / PT table in a relaxed state my LTK
turns inward quite a bit . PT noticed it and mentioned it to me even brought another person over to verify. What does this mean? PT said that maybe the reason I had a calf muscle problem. Anyone out there with similar internal rotation?
 
@Nancan
Does it hurt when you leg is turning inward? If it does not hurt you probably just need more healing and toning so your muscles can fully support your new knee.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom