THR 3 Year post OP Dislocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! Wanted to send an update. This past monday was my 6 week post op appointment with my surgeon! I can't believe it has been 6 weeks. If you don't remember here is a recap. In February I dislocated my left hip replacement and on March 7th I had revision surgery where my new surgeon changed the ball and socket to a bigger implant and also had to lengthen my leg for stability. My left leg is now 2-3 inches longer than my right. After 5 weeks of PT I was released. My new implant looks good and is stable, I still have minor aches and pains but nothing major.

Here comes the BUT, My right hip replacement has also loosened and is failing and we don't want me to dislocate it and because my leg length difference is such a big range I would need surgery either way. Also, my back hurts really bad from the difference in length. So in July I will have my right hip replacement revision done and leg lengthening to even me out. I also have an MRI of both knees coming up soon because we suspect AVN in my knees. I will keep you guys posted as I continue on to hopefully getting back to normal and no surgeries for a long time.
 
@AmBlocker good news about your new implant. But what a bummer about the other hip. I guess you have to look on the bright side. I really had back problems when I had a leg length difference. Getting things even again will really help. So sorry you have to wait so long though. Hope you can hang in there!
 
@AmBlocker, what bad luck you are having! So sorry about another surgery being necessary. I wonder about that huge LLD after your left leg revision. You wouldn't have been able to have that big of a difference permanently, would you? I wonder if they would have had to do a revision on your right THR just for that. But, darn it, you have loosening, so you need a revision anyway. This has got to be difficult for you, a young guy trying to get his education for his profession. And possible AVN in your knees? Your positive attitude is excellent, and that should help you through all of this! Best wishes to you, Aaron.
 
Hi. I had a hip resurfacing in 2007 and hip dislocated 3 years later at work. Believe me I feel your pain
I was taken to ER where dr pulled keg and popped it back in. Revision 3 months later. After the 2nd surgery of hip I was able to walk right out of hospital felt great never wore brace didn't even need walker but used just for security
Good luck with everything
Susanne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom