THR 3 weeks tomorrow

I did all of my PT exercises on the good leg too. It also gave me a baseline for how my op leg was doing or just how hard the exercise was.
 
:wave: Hi @Newhip2/14
Just had your two month anniversary :yay:
Wondering how you're doing? I hope all is well. :happydance:
We'd love to hear an update when you have time.
Best wishes for a great week!
 
Water therapy was a life savor for me. Also I used a knee sleeve to help,keep the knee cap in the groves in the knee. It would collapse without it. It's fine now. They are pretty ruff on the leg rotating it for the implant. The assist rotates the leg by the foot moving it back and forth for the surgeon and can cause back and knee issues. All the muscles tendons and Burris sacs are also vulnerable. On to another week of more improvement! Soon they will fly by and the next thing you know you back in business as usual.
 
After two months I’ve learned a lot! It’s true the hip heals on its own. Spraining the ankle a month ago did not do me any favours. I spent time resting and icing the ankle, and didn’t walk as much as should have been prescribed, but the hip kept healing. It feels like it takes a few steps to get in the groove after being in one position...sleeping or sitting for a time. I’ve had some twinges mid thigh...implant related? I concentrate better without the cane than with. I’m more of a worrier...eg, stopping before stepping down and visualizing the turned ankle. (Made me a bit wimpy!) i haven’t tried some things I probably should...walking up and down stairs in an ordinary way or crouching to pull a weed or pick something up. I think about my yoga teacher saying “get both feet under you” before getting up, but I haven’t tried that. The knees are still stiff but getting better.
I think I’m at the point my friend the PT predicted...”you’ll feel like **** for several weeks and then you’ll feel better!”
 
It will get better and I'm happy you are seeing improvement!
I think you have been very prudent to be extra careful especially after spraining your ankle...that was not in the plan, right?
Onward and upward....:wave:
 
I’m doing well at 10 weeks post surgery. The ankle is still a bit swollen but is almost better. I’ve been walking on the level portion of our street. Haven’t tried the fairly steep hills to complete the (1-2 mile) “round the block”). I haven’t been to PT but am going to go soon. I’m finding the knee to still feel maybe unreliable, though much more flexible. I’ve been afraid to walk up and down the stairs normally. Hopefully PT will get me over that hump and maybe do that manoeuvre they do for vertigo, which seems to be bothering me since surgery, mostly when getting into and out of bed.
Do any of you have aches/twinges mid thigh?
 
Do any of you have aches/twinges mid thigh
Yes, I had aches, twinges, zips and zaps in quads for many months following surgery.
Glad you are doing better.
So sorry about the vertigo...hope they get that straightened. @Gretel had that issue during recovery...don't think it was surgery related but don't know how it was resolved.
Hope you have a Good good Day.
 
Three months next week. I had an appointment for teeth cleaning. The dentist called my primary who said not to take antibiotics before. Saw the OS yesterday. He said they called the wrong dr and he would have said yes to antibiotics. I’ve read both opinions. Hope it will be okay.
 
It’s also now been almost two months since spraining the ankle on the operated leg. It is getting better but not back to normal. The hip is doing great, though I still haven’t gotten back the flexibility the new joint will allow. I think the muscles had too long a time getting used to not being able to do things because of the arthritic hip. I’m going to PT starting next week. Hopefully they can help with the flexibility and with my lack of trust in the knee.
 
Hi there @Newhip2/14
I wish you well as you work on the knee in therapy. Hope they don't get too aggressive with you.
Growl and show your teeth if they do :rotfl:

What a disappointment on the dentist / antibiotic biz. I wouldn't worry since many also believe it's unnecessary.
Prayers that you're protected.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
 
I'm sure the cleaning won't affect your hip...
Nice you have to now have that in the back of your mind:chinstroke::groan:
About to hit the the month mark.
Think you are right that all that bad gait and posture needs slow AND easy work.
Hope you have a peaceful weekend.:) :-) (:
 
Back
Top Bottom