Guest viewing is limited

3 Weeks Out.....starting to come undone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you wold be really surprised at what you can do and what you can really enjoy after a TKR or a BTKR. Life and its activities are so much more enjoyable as there is no pain to limit your activities.
 
@JDonovan Me too! :yay: 2 weeks to go! I did my pre op appointment today and am all set to go!!!! :yes!:
I stepped up on a little platform with my new knee for the pre op x-rays and informed the techs that I could not step up that high last year. It made them smile.... Rob bought a motorhome with a very high step up and I did that a couple weeks ago on my knee's one year anniversary. I can not wait till next year with 2 good knees and all this behind me!
Your daughter will be a great help. :angel: My hubby was home for the first couple days but by the end of a week he made my lunch along with his before he left for work and left it in the fridge. I could get it and a drink when I was doing my little walks around the house for exercise. It will be a great opportunity for your daughter to handle the running of the house for a bit while you recuperate and still have you there if there are hiccups. Although you will be laid up for a bit you will still be good for advice and guidance. :whistle:
 
I got a video yesterday from my sister in law with the attached note:

Just a little something to ease some of your surgery angst. I set up your RehaBIEHLation (my maiden name was Biehl, isn't she clever?) Room, furniture and it looks lovely.

The video showed that they completely redecorated a bedroom on the first floor of their home complete with a stationary bike, no loose carpets, new 4 poster bed with adjustable mattress, new TV AND a mini fridge so I don't have walk out to the kitchen.

She is da bomb!!! And yes, I am very blessed
 
[Bonesmart.org] 3 Weeks Out.....starting to come undone
[Bonesmart.org] 3 Weeks Out.....starting to come undone
JDonovan, you are one very lucky lady. Your sister-in-law makes my heart smile. Your recovery will certainly get off to a great start.


Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
You are so lucky that your brother & sister-in-law redid the bedroom for your comfort. It sounds perfect. You won't want to go home!
I have gotten such good advice from people by reading your story. Great information about how to set everything up for the rehab.
Good luck on your surgery. Can't wait to hear all about it.
 
That is AWESOME! Such a sweet thing to do for you! You are going to have the best of everything!
 
Wow, what a nice sister-in-law and brother. You are lucky. Best wishes to your operation. Let us know about your recovery. Bonny
 
One thing for all of you having surgery after Thanksgiving/before Christmas:

I'm sure you're all aware that you won't be sleeping much at all the first few weeks or so, so you can enjoy every Christmas movie ever made. Just you wait - it is UNBELIEVABLE the horrible, horrid movies made with a Christmas theme. And one movie you can't miss - Christmas Tornado. Yes, you read that correctly - Christmas Tornado. It is a must-see simply because I think it's the worst movie ever made. :sick:

You may want to stock up on movies you'll actually enjoy since reading may be out of the question depending on your pain meds. Good luck to all of you, and remember there is always someone here no matter the time if you need to vent, laugh, whine or cry.
 
Wow!!! What a wonderful brother and sister in law!! How long will you be staying with them? Great!!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
What a wonderful brother and sister in law!! How long will you be staying with them?

I will be out of the hospital on 11/22...staying with them until 11/29. My family and ever- patient boyfriend are coming down on the 26th....actually, it should be a blast. THAT I am looking forward to.
 
Such a nice sister-in-law! I wish you could stay longer!!! Good luck with your surgery and recovery. I'm looking forward to reading about your recovery on the other side...

Hugs
Denise
 
Well, I've never heard of Christmas Tornado, but there are some I like -- Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th Street come to mind.
I am kind of looking forward to lots of TV and movies and books. I hope I'm not too drugged up to enjoy it.
 
I am kind of looking forward to lots of TV and movies and books.

Reading may be an issue the first couple of weeks but the TV is good....
you get to rate movies ... :thumb: good , :sad: bad or :zzz: boringgggg
Reading for me was quite an issue. I teach, and the substitute would bring essays over to me for me to grade.

Wow...my concentration really was awful due to the pain meds that i was taking. I had a very difficult time focusing on the task.

I. too, was looking forward to reading some really good books. I threw that idea away rather early.
 
Yes, reading!! I am a librarian and read voraciously so I thought I would read a lot.
Well, I couldn't concentrate much and kept closing my eyes. Think it was the anesthesia as much as anything. It takes quite a while to get out of your system. But watching movies was great!
Eventually I buried myself into my books again.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well, I put a lot of what I thought would be easy, fun reads -- Longbourn and the new version of Sense & Sensibility by Joanna Trollope, on my iPad & iPhone, and I guess they'll still be there when I get my brain back.
 
They will.... I found answering threads on Bonesmart tough because I kept dozing off. The first week a few movies started as an old western and ended up a new romance... lol.... with different actors!:rolleyes:
 
Hi there - and congratulations on being so well set up for the surgery!

I had BTKR 7 months ago. I bought a Kindle specifically for reading...and now I'm laughing in recognition at all the posts about being unable to read. I used the Kindle to watch junky old movies instead. If I recall I couldn't even manage playing solitaire for a month or two.

All will go well!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom