TKR 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Pal ! Its great to hear your replacement is working just fine. I saw my brochure on my attune dupuy implant today. They are great. Sorry to hear that you go under the knife soon. You know what to do. Best of luck , Iceman

Hi @Phil75070 - I am sorry that you could not hold off on getting your other knee operated on. You sure got an appointment quickly! Good luck with the surgery and the healing. Next year you can play Ultimate Golf!

Loved the joke!

Take care.

@Jane B. Thanks for stopping by. I have been as low as a 2 handicap in the past but typically fluctuate between a 4 and 5. It is like a job for me now in that I play Monday through Friday but with the added benefits! :)

@71Beetle My OS performs surgery three full days per week which might explain why just a few weeks notice is enough to get in. Perhaps other OS's don't keep such a demanding surgery schedule?

@Nana moon 27 @icep707 @ironman60 Thanks for the well wishes!

Two weeks from tomorrow my left knee gets done. I've started my preparation cutting out all supplements, NSAIDS, etc. I thought I was going to get away with just having blood drawn on the day of surgery but got a call from my PCP's office wanting me to come in for a surgical pre-approval exam. It may just be that the scheduler sent that form over as a matter of routine not realizing it wasn't necessary this time. This approval should be fairly routine compared to the last time when it took two chest x-rays, a skull x-ray, two CT scans, a PET scan, two EKG's, an echo-cardiogram, an ultrasound of one of my kidneys, a bone marrow aspiration, urinalysis and lots and lots of blood drawn plus visits to a cardiologist, hematologist/oncologist and an ENT in addition to my PCP before I got approval.

Being 7+ months post-op on the right knee I still have a degree of stiffness or, as others describe it at times, a "heavy" feeling in the knee. I also have a lot of "clicking" at times and my knee cap can feel quite "loose" at times, too. In fact, if I set my leg just right I can tap out a rhythm with the clicking of the button on the underside of the knee cap hitting the metal of the prosthesis! If the grandkids lived nearby I think they might refer to me as the "rice krispies" guy with all the snap, crackle and pop that goes on at times! :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm glad your surgery is getting done in November, so that it doesn't interfere with your golf game. But you knew that!

All my best.

@Jane B. I live in Texas. There is no "golf season"; we can play year 'round' - maybe not every day or even every week but there are days every month in the "dead of winter" when it is more than nice enough to play. :loll:

Wow, I miss a few posts & find out you're getting a 2nd knee soon! Well you know the routine so that should help this time around.

Phil, just dropped by, it's been awhile. Good luck with your up coming surgery, I hope it goes as well as the first! That left knee might take a little longer to be ready for golf, so it's a good time to get it done.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

@Janet2012 I was back to playing in 9 weeks with the right knee but I think you are right about the left knee taking a little longer. I am actually not planning to even try to come back from this surgery and start hitting balls until March.

Least ways not golf ones (only joking) :heehee: (naughty Nana!) surgeon watch out!!! I hope all goes well for you Phil. You deserve it. You're always making us laugh with the witty comments and jokes.

You'll be playing around before you know where you are, the call of the golf course will shout your name xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox

Hey Phil, I know this is the lecturer coming out in me but there is a typo error on your signature ....... "Eary 2015"

ayvonnedesousa.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_08_ear1.jpg

Best wishes for you second TKR, Phil. I'll look out for your updates.

I had my second one done 6 weeks ago and all is going well.

Halloween joke for you Phil....
Where does Dracula go to waterski?
Lake Eeerie.
Bahaha!

Have a great weekend!

Getting surgical approval was a breeze this time. Urine, blood, EKG in the PCP's office - all good. The knee seems to be getting worse by the day; I even passed on golf today. One more round to get in before surgery on Monday. Getting anxious.

Hi @Phil75070 - haven't been around that much recently. Saw your thread on the list and somewhere deep in the sludge that is my brain I seemed to remember that you were going to get the other knee done. Gosh that's come around quickly.
As my knee improves but my 'knee brain' still forgets stuff on a regular basis, I am sending you good wishes now for uncomplicated surgery and a text book recovery, in case I forget nearer the date.

imagesUSZ6BTI3.jpg

Hope all goes well
XX

Got the c all from the pre-surgical nurse to go over all of my conditions, medications, etc. She asked if my wife was coming with me, to which I answered yes, and she said, "Good! Them she will be the one to give you a ride home?" I was shocked! I asked her if I wasn't getting admitted for a couple of days (at least) and she didn't have access to my OS's orders to answer that. I called my OS's office and today being a surgical day for him neoither he nor his PA were available. The gal that answered the phone did indicate that I could be going home same day, ".....depending on how your recovery from surgery is."

@Josephine @referee54 Do either of you know if anyone else has gone home the day of surgery??? Seems pretty quick to me for a TKR. For my right knee, I was operated on on a Monday morning and left the hospital for in-patient rehab that Thursday, being discharged from rehab the following Wednesday.

Do either of you know if anyone else has gone home the day of surgery???
There have been a few folks on the forum who have had outpatient surgery and have gone home the very same day.

I agree with you, though; as much as going home is important, I would prefer to stay in the hospital fro a few days to make sure everything is coming together recovery-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
galvesean
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom