Guest viewing is limited

TKR 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That hurdle has been crossed but do I really stop taking the Colace even though I will still be on pain meds?



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey @Phil75070 Glad you made it through . Hopefully all goes well at home . Im sure the wife will take good care of you. You know the routine. Just be abit patient . When and if i get my other knee replaced i will diffenetlly be more patient and less competitive during my rehab. I remember those early days ,hang in there. All will be alright. Best wishes , Iceman
 
Stay on colace, no reason to back up the plumbing again.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Yup, keep up the colace. What's one more little squishy orange pill? ;-)

I'm so impressed with how well you're doing and SO JEALOUS of your lack of pain and ability to sleep; especially so early on!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
 
@DogLoverx3 don't be getting jealous yet! We all know how these things can "ebb and tide". Each day is different sometimes only need one pain pill and other times 2. Sometimes at 4 hours other times at 6. The last time Flexion was not the issue but I think this time not being able to bend it as much makes getting comfortable more difficult.…or it could be a case of poor memory.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hang in there, Phil! Remember how we tell you that every knee is different? this new knee will get there in the end, as well.
 
Hang in there, Phil! Remember how we tell you that every knee is different? this new knee will get there in the end, as well.
The only way I could be more of a testament to that would be if they were both done at the same time. :)



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just checking in to see how you're doing Phil. Strange how different the recovery for 2 knees can be on the same body! I'm hoping you're resting well and your pain is under control! Happy (?) Monday!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 3-17 RTKR and Totally "On Course"

Right knee 3/17/14 stitches and glue
Left knee 11/10/14 staples



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had my third in-home PT session today. I have several exercises done lying down in bed, a few done standing, some "hallway work" where I walk down the hall forward, backward and side-to-side and just walking around the house. There has been "discomfort" as I push myself to my limits on each but he has not laid any hands on me to assist or push me to the point of pain.

Friday we will add doing stairs and I will get measured for the first time in a week (6/75 last Thursday). My expectations are for just minimal improvement; anything more than that I will view as a bonus this early!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like things are going well but you'd not know it by the size of the knee, yikes!
 
@TexasTee that swelling goes down eventually. I bet if Phil posted this time next week you'd see a reduction in size. It's just bruising and trauma to the knee xx that's why it's so important to keep your pain meds up during this period x
 
There is swelling but the picture, for some reason, is exaggerating it. Sitting here looking down at the two the difference does not seem as great as the picture depicts.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good, cuz that thing looks ginourmous! I do understand we have to expect a lot of swelling but that appeared more than double the size of the other...

You missed your shot though Phil - you are supposed to say something to exaggerate how bad it is but how brave a soldier you are being! Snicker.

How about this weather? I hate cold! Off to Mexico this weekend, staying at a golf resort so I'll hit a few in your honor! And I'll have enough margaritas to cheers the whole site :martini: Last two knee vacation!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom