30 DAYS POST-OP!
Hello All,
Thank you
@Layla 30 days today! yesterday was my first outpatient PT. It was funny because I limit all of the excercises at home, (esp the ones that hurt) and the first thing she asked me to do was to show her all the exercises I have been doing! I remembered a couple, but told her I don't do the ones that hurt! She looked at me - very disappointed and told me the importance of the exercises etc etc, I told her that my right knee is just fine and I didn't do the painful moves for that TKR. She sorta ignored that remark! Lol
I continue on the oxy and still on the 4 hour schedule- I tried to do a 6 hour schedule overnight and woke up with terrible pain. They monitor the oxy, they call me every-time I put in for a refill. The nurse said that at about 6 weeks they start weaning you back.
So I have a couple of weeks and probably won't need that long.
I'm moving around a lot, my issue is digestion and having a stomach ache every time I eat. I just take tums and all the usual for constipation and then sometimes I get the opposite problem
All in all, I am moving forward sometimes quickly and sometimes I just need a day of sleep & ice and bad TV. Today I did 3 loads of laundry and laundry room is on the first floor! Yay me!
I really try and remember the blessing in all of this... new shiny knee and NO PAIN. It's all worth it - EVENTUALLY!
Wherever you are in this process, keep the faith AND listen to your body and that new knee, It knows everything
Keep on trudging!!