Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time

Oh I'm sorry!!!!.
Have you asked your orthopedic surgeon about the timing and what antibiotic protocol he might want you on?
 
Sorry you had to deal with the stress of getting pain medication. Add that to the stress of this surgery and it’s stress on top of stress. I am glad they gave you a refill. One less thing to worry about for awhile.
 
I’ve got it scheduled for 12/27. Figure I will be 10 weeks post TKR.
You need to discuss this with both surgeons. Since we don't have your full medical details, I'm afraid we can't advise on this.
 
Jaycey is right. This could be a risky decision and it’s important for you not to put finances ahead of your health and safety.
 
Thanks for the input. I’ve talked to both OS and we decided RTKR should be done first and then do the appendix after. Depending on what they find they may have to do an open appendix removal instead of lap. If that’s the case the abdominal muscles are very sore and painful for a few weeks.
 
I had the worst night of pain ever. I’d say it’s a level 8-9. I can’t get comfortable and it’s unbearable. The pain is so, so, so much worse this time than my my last. I see the OS tomorrow for 2 week post op. It will be interesting to see if there is a reason for this excruciating pain. I sure hope it’s temporary!
 
I'm sorry you had such a bad night and hope maybe you can correlate it to activity the day before and that your OS has some ideas.
 
@mendogal I did have PT yesterday and then got up from the couch at least 50 x handing out candy. I didn’t even think of that! No wonder the pain was so bad last night. Thanks for the reminder.
 
@mendogal I did have PT yesterday and then got up from the couch at least 50 x handing out candy. I didn’t even think of that! No wonder the pain was so bad last night. Thanks for the reminder.
I had a bad night last night, too. I keep thinking I should be getting better, but sometimes I go backwards.
 
In the early days, more activity means increased pain and swelling. There's that rollercoaster ride again.
 
@Dmcfad2
Sorry to hear you had a rough one. It’s early days for us both. I have so much more pain with this TKR than my first. 2 weeks is such a long time to be less active than my go-to speed. My dog is beyond ready for me to be ready to romp- poor guy. Hang in there. I think it’s often 1 step forward and 3 back. I have a mantra of ‘slow and steady’. Sometimes it even works!
 
I think it’s often 1 step forward and 3 back.
It certainly feels like that...or like the scribble below.
Hang in there, you both know it gets better. :)
Hoping it's a good, Thursday!

[Bonesmart.org] 2nd TKR 10/18/23- recovery time
 
You are looking really good!
 
You're on the right path!
 
I forgot to ask OS. How long do I need to. Over my TKR incision when showering? Now that the
Dressing has been removed can I shower without one, or do I need to wait until scar is mostly healed?
 
Well that post didn’t come out right. How long do I need to cover my incisions when showering?
 
That is something you need to ask your medical team. We have no way of knowing their guidelines.
 
My team said I could let water run over it. Just no soaking.
 
I just want to say I am really struggling with excruciating pain tonight. I can’t get comfortable elevating. Icing even hurts. I can’t quit crying
Very different from last time.
I just had my right tkr oct 30th. I had my left done in 2016 and this time was very different. The first one I was in the hospital 2 or 3 nights. This time just overnight. The hospital wouldn't discharge me the first time until my pain was under control. This time was a nightmare. I had unrelenting pain (pain scale if around 8) from the time the spinal sedation wore off until 5 days post op. They didn't give you the pain meds automatically, you had to ask every 4 hours and then they were 20 to 25 minutes late. They told me they would give me a half dose of pain meds prior to PT but never dus. I was in excruciating pain and was so embarrassed because I cried through the entire time I told my surgeon my pain level was 8 and he discharged me anyway. I had no pain meds on discharge and had to wait until the following day because they called them into the wrong pharmacy. They also messed up my PT as well
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom